Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So sick of hearing about onside call... even if the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

So sick of hearing about onside call... even if the

Dec 9, 2015, 4:40 PM

tarheel player wasnt past the line of scrimmage, he was ahead of the kicker before the line and therefore would be an illegal procedure or false start would it not? I just hate hearing about this crap however, we have to stop letting teams back in to games that we should have put away. Also, I love the smack talk oklahoma has been spewing about payback. Nothing like a team we just smoked talking about how much they will destroy us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First time I've heard about an ONSIDE call

Dec 9, 2015, 4:49 PM

Starting another thread on the Internets to discuss the offsides (onside) call is not the way to stop hearing about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

OP is just here to sell knives...***

Dec 9, 2015, 4:56 PM

i'm sure this will help

Dec 9, 2015, 4:50 PM

put it to rest.

fingers crossed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

And your response is helping keep this thread near the top.

Dec 9, 2015, 4:59 PM

Which is good, because people need to remember that they're trying to forget something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: So sick of hearing about onside call... even if the

Dec 9, 2015, 4:55 PM

It was a bad call, but to claim that it cost UNC the game and championship is a stretch. Granted, Clemson's defense at that point was on roller skates moving backwards and getting abused, but Clemson has the reputation this year that at some point, even the very end, they will step up and make a play. UNC would have to have gone 50 yards in one minute to score a TD, make a two point conversion, then win in OT. The chances of all those happening had to be pretty low.

Dec 9, 2015, 4:58 PM

Odds are better that we would have had a pick six and win by twelve!

All of you need to go back and look a the game on Youtube...

Dec 9, 2015, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: So sick of hearing about onside call... even if the ]

Go to the 2:47:25 mark of the game. It is a replay from the Clemson side of the field. Watch their # 42 plow head first, helmet to helmet into Zac Brooks (# 24). Brooks bobbled the ball and it was in mid air as 42 knocks him flat on his ### with the crown of his helmet. It should have been a 15 yard targeting call, resulting in the play being called back as it was with the bogus offsides. The refs got the call wrong that's for sure!

Also, check out the targeting to the left side of Deshaun's helmet late in 3rd quarter that knocked to him to his knees and out of the game for a couple of plays while they performed a concussion protocol on him. Two horrible missed calls. The Heels need to shut up and accept a defeat where the majority of the major calls went their way!

Dec 9, 2015, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So sick of hearing about onside call... even if the ]

I'm sick of hearing that #####... It was NOT a bad call. #30 for the Chetas was across the line... in addition, THREE UNC PLAYERS were illegally lined up. Put it to rest, guys, but put it to rest knowing that the call was correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 4:57 PM

Rehashing the offside call is MUCH better than a thousand posts each day about the gamecocks. There are a number of things some of you can't let go of and your hatred for them is number one!

Dec 9, 2015, 4:59 PM

"tired of hearing about it"

makes a post about it so the rest of us who are also tired of hearing about it hear about it again...

Good fing job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 9, 2015, 5:14 PM

It's a crying shame that the HL (LJ?) didn't throw the flag for lining up outside the 9-yard marks. Should have had flags on both sides of the field. But, at least he called the play... and stood by his call.

Anytime the UNCheat fans want to discuss the roundball game at the dean dome where Tyler Hansbro shot more free throws than the entire Clemson team, I'm happy to talk. Even my preacher... who's a big UNC fan... told me after that ballgame, "...your guys got hosed." Ya think?

Until then... bite my a$$...

Go Tigers!

ps-- I know that'll cost me percentage points, but it needed to be said!

Dec 9, 2015, 5:16 PM

I have never found nine yard marks in the rule book link

Thank you for bringing it up, we need to talk about it

Dec 9, 2015, 5:16 PM

sum more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic