»
Topic: FB Update: Watson ranked as a Top 10 CFB Offensive Player
Replies: 11   Last Post: May 24, 2015 11:06 PM by: onederkid
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

FB Update: Watson ranked as a Top 10 CFB Offensive Player


Posted: May 24, 2015 8:12 AM
 

 
Watson ranked as a Top 10 CFB Offensive Player

Read Update »



Re: FB Update: Watson ranked as a Top 10 CFB Offensive Player

[1]
Posted: May 24, 2015 9:02 AM
 

Water is wet

2019 student level member

So... safe to say that we're squarely out of the mix for top 10 preseason discussion

[3]
Posted: May 24, 2015 9:38 AM
 

with just Brooks and Dye back (hopefully Choice - my favorite in the entire group), Gallman, Davidson and Fuller as well as Peake @ his peak, Hopper, Williams, Scott, Cain, McCloud, Leggette, Richard, and McCullough....topping off an already improved OL?

Secondary should stink, too. No experience or talent there with Mack, Tank, Kearse, Wiggins, Johnson and Green (Fields anybody?)

Anybody catch the 1st half of the Oklahoma game? Who that white guy @ MLB? Looked like a fish out of water to me. Oh wait, no that was Boulware - the guy who probably would've started over Steward had Steward not had such a tough road to travel throughout his college career (Intel was that Boulware was better, but more heartfelt and ever so slightly behind was Steward - so they went ahead and got him a Guaranteed multimillion dollar contract with the NFL by starting the 49% chance to win odds over the 51% Boulware).

K. Joseph has already been mentioned by Venables as a guy he believes can go in at Mike and get the job more than done. Rave reviews about Rogers as well. But the real head hunter, and likely starter, is very much so proven Goodsen @ Mike, while Boulware kicks back out to Will.

O'Daniel's isn't that good or experienced either. Oh, wait.... Nvrmnd. That was a dumb, misinformed statement, as he's very much the opposite (of course) in non-nickel situations.

Do we really need to talk DL. Doesn't matter much what happens here bc the guys behind them are going to have their back regardless... But here goes:

Lawson. Potential 1st round draft pick.

Dodd. Excellent, proven, run stopper and strength @ the SDE spot.

Reader. Would've started at DT for any team not named FSU last year (and FSU is debatable).

Watkins. Starter his Soph year. STARTER. Before the car accident, and is now back to form ladies and gents.

Martin Aiken. Would start for 75% of all FBS teams (better watch out for the guys listed below, bc they're coming in hard).

Dane Rogers. Likely to be bumped inside, but wouldn't be the worst option imaginely at sealing the edge on the strong side if we absolutely needed him to.

Huggins. Likely now to be bumped back out to SDE. Throws grown men around like rag dolls. Top 5 in the country at DE nationally coming out of HS last year, and has been with the team since Jan, 2015.

Ferrell. Top 100 (overall) and top 5 @ the WDE spot NATIONALLY. before his injury dropped him in the ranks. Up to 255 lbs. Has been cleared medically and running a lots of wind sprints and doing drills that require minimally change of direction (workouts sent to him from our training staff) in his hometown (with a personal trainer). Says he's 100% healthy, running at top speed during sprints - is tempted to try and take the lid off, and start cutting on it, but knows it could be detrimental to his longterm success. Also knows he has a chance now to come in and crack the 2-deep. Will be full go by Aug camp.

Bryant. Another top 10 DE recruit nationally and stated that 10 years ago, this kid would be our headliner in the recruiting class. He's good. He's healthy. He's fast. He's quick. He's long. He's strong. And he's BIG. 260lbs big.

Pagano. Good option, needs to not be mentioned with the likes of Ebo (by Venables) as a guy he can trust physically but has reservations about the "mental and emotional" aspect of the game on and off the field.

Jabril Robinson. Remember the name. Kid is ready to go in and bang skulls. Will be a very pleasant surprise for Clemson fans this year.

Wilkins. Headliner of this year's recruitig class. Made the best OL in the country look silly on national TV for the entire duration of the Under Armour all-star game. Pagano and Robinson better bust their ### this off-season bc he's coming to take one of their spots within the 2-deep. Kid has 0% chance of redshirting and 100% chance of getting the job done THIS year barring any setbacks as far as injuries (Top 10 players OVERALL in the country coming out of HS are ranked there bc they can jump into any team in the country's lineup and make a major impact - right away).

In summary (and in addition to the Watson article we just read), any group of voters who opt not to feature this Clemson team comfortably within the top 12 teams in the FBS, should be slapped in the face. Hard. And stripped of their right to ever vote on another CFB poll again - and in the case of the Associated Press poll - be removed of their titles as professional sports journalist's/broadcaster's.


Re: So... safe to say that we're squarely out of the mix for top 10 preseason discussion


Posted: May 24, 2015 10:23 AM
 

Also forgot to mention Yeargin and Register.

Yeargin is currently listed behind (Lawson) and may see action on passing downs or situations in which we need Lawson to slide over to SDE (since he's honestly the best option at both positions). Think a younger, slightly less physically freakish Beastly.

Register is new to DE, but so was Beasley and look what Hobby did with him.

Ebo was thought of to be a "serviceable" back up, but wasn't really ever mentioned, nor ever shown on the field as, as dominate player. 256 lbs, with nothing that really jumped out at you in his performance.

Where he was commodity, however, in that he knew his assignments. The DE position can be very tricky to learn and play at, full speed. With Beasley, Crawford, Barnes and Lawson... We got to see 4 start worthy, experienced guys who knew their assignments and was consistently able to disrupt the backfield without being fooled by any of the horizontal stuff.

That's the issue with our depth. That and the fact that we don't know how first year players are going to respond under the lights physically and mentally.

Talent is there, but these incoming DE's have got to live this playbook, work extremely hard at their physical training if they're going to be able to come in and be ready to contribute to a week 3 HUGE win vs ND that will likely put us a lot closer to where we need to be in the running for a playoff spot.

Dodd has been battling injuries since he's been at Clemson, and is full go now, but Huggins and Bryant need to be ready to make a positive impact on the gridiron.

Yeargin and Ferrell as well.

Should be fun, just dont


Re: So... safe to say that we're squarely out of the mix for top 10 preseason discussion

[1]
Posted: May 24, 2015 10:26 AM
 

Expect the luxuries Clemson fans were afforded last year on the edges. There'll be a learning curve, but hopefully it's trending well upward going into the ND game and neared its peak come FSU time.


Have you considered getting a dog to talk to?***

[4]
Posted: May 24, 2015 10:46 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: So... safe to say that we're squarely out of the mix for top 10 preseason discussion


Posted: May 24, 2015 1:13 PM
 

Easy dude...I love the Tigers too but until they beat FSU you can't boost too much. #gotigers #AllIn #Watson4Heisman #SpurierPlaysWithHisGamecock


I'd say the FSU loss was more a personnel coaching mishap


Posted: May 24, 2015 5:40 PM
 

DW hits leggett a foot in front of the goal line in the flats (from the 3 yd line)15 times out of 10.

Ball game.


**Boast, hoss. You should prob leave 5 points now so you can study up for maymester @ DA roach!!***


Posted: May 24, 2015 11:06 PM
 




Sometime after ND or ND+GT I'm expecting big change


Posted: May 24, 2015 11:38 AM
 

I think the outlook on DW and Heisman chit-chat and the measure of our offense overall will change quite a bit. The odds are much better in my mind that we are undefeated at that point. But if we are not only undefeated but have some stellar balanced run/pass numbers and maybe over 450+ yds per game, the football opinion makes will have no choice but to sing our praises.

The ND game especially will get the attention we need simply because the national media likes to spotlight them so much.


Re: FB Update: Watson ranked as a Top 10 CFB Offensive Player


Posted: May 24, 2015 3:53 PM
 

I can't wait to see DW4 pick defenses apart. We thought his performances in 2014 were awesome....we ain't seen nothin' yet. Tweet that!

2019 purple level member

Re: FB Update: Watson ranked as a Top 10 CFB Offensive Player


Posted: May 24, 2015 9:29 PM
 

Tweeted dat!!!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have 4 season tickets in section TDG, row E.....these are AISLE SEATS and have SEAT BACKS since th...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1853 people have read this post