Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So now 25% of the regular season has been completed..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

So now 25% of the regular season has been completed..

Sep 15, 2019, 2:25 PM

1. Which team poses the greatest threat in the regular season? (Please save the next team up and only Clemson can beat Clemson answers)

2. Who do you think we get out of the Coastal? Do they have a chance against the Tigers assuming reasonable health of the team?

3. Who poses the greatest risk in the playoffs, national championship?

My thoughts:

1. I was thinking BC or WF, but both are home games. NCSt and Scar are on the road. They looked decent against Bama yest, just bad playcalling and the game got away. I think the rivalry, away game, talent.. its Scar.

2. UVA, and no chance

3. OK and UGA both seem a to have elevated their game, and Bama, though still dominant, seems to be missing something. Easy answer here is Bama, but maybe it's actually UGA this go around.

What say ye?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: So now 25% of the regular season has been completed..

Sep 15, 2019, 2:26 PM

25% for some teams. Not Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Admittedly math ain't my strong suit, but 3-0,

Sep 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

with a 12 game regular season.. what am I missing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm an engineer, trust me, you are right

Sep 15, 2019, 4:04 PM

;)

Re: I'm an engineer, trust me, you are right

Sep 16, 2019, 7:54 AM

Re: Admittedly math ain't my strong suit, but 3-0,

Sep 16, 2019, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Admittedly math ain't my strong suit, but 3-0, ]

Regilar season. My fault.

Sep 15, 2019, 2:28 PM

3. Bama didn’t look all that good yesterday and Tua seemed easily rattled. Yeah, they crushed coots, but they suck. Maybe they just didn’t want to show anything to LSU yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 15, 2019, 2:31 PM

Tua had the best game of his career and arguably the best game by a qb in Bama history. 444 yards wiith 5tds and no interceptions.

Sep 15, 2019, 2:35 PM

I know my truth. I saw it with my own eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 15, 2019, 2:29 PM

1. Wake - I think they'll be a top 25 team by the time we play them, but we will still win by 24+.

2. UVA probably wins the coastal with 9 or 10 wins. We will destroy them in the ACC Championship.

3. LSU - UGA & Bama didn't look like world beaters in their games against P5 competition.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 15, 2019, 2:43 PM

1. Don’t sleep on UNC, they may be a tough game especially since our offense
Isn’t playing well.

2. I’m sure one of the mighty dwarfs will rise to the top probably UVA or UNC.

3. Again, at this point anyone of 6 teams would smoke us as we are playing now. UGA, OKLA, OHIO, LSU! Alabama, ND.

4. I think this year will be the year we’re out of the mix. There’s always next year. Maybe without all the hype and lowered expectation TL can have an awesome junior year.

I really, really hope you're trolling

Sep 15, 2019, 2:49 PM

Otherwise I might suggest that college football, and Clemson football in particular, might just not be for you. If you can write us out of any game ("such and such would smoke us") or say our season is over ("this is the year we're out of the mix") when we are 3-0 and RANKED #1 then there is, quite simply, no pleasing you.

You sound like a spoiled child.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or just a moron

Sep 15, 2019, 4:05 PM

have you considered that?

Moran... We need to get this right and unquestioned.***

Sep 15, 2019, 4:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So now 25% of the regular season has been completed.. ]

You cant honestly believe half the #### you post.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 15, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: So now 25% of the regular season has been completed.. ]

Out of the mix? You think they will leave out a 13-0 ACC Champion and defending National Champion on a 28 game winning streak?

Really?

C’mon swimmer! You know better than to

Sep 15, 2019, 3:50 PM

feed the trolls!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

For #1 a tie between Wake and Scar. I think both will get

Sep 15, 2019, 3:01 PM

better, especially scar with an new qb getting his feet wet. Still should win out.

Virginia should come out of the coastal, but will be another whooping for us in CLT.

In the playoffs I think it will be the team from Big 10 (Wisconsin or O310), OK from Big 12, and the top of the heap from the SEC (GA, LSU, AL). OK may be the biggest challenge, followed by SEC then Big 10.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 3:09 PM

1. Which team poses the greatest threat in the regular season?

NC State. Looked bad against WVU, but they're a different team at home.

2. Who do you think we get out of the Coastal? Do they have a chance against the Tigers assuming reasonable health of the team?

Virginia. No.

3. Who poses the greatest risk in the playoffs, national championship?

1. Alabama 2. Ohio State 3. Oklahoma All are offensive-minded teams now following the Clemson model.

Sep 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

1. (and I hate to say) coots. Their season will be over - but they MAY BE playing for a bowl eligibility - plus the rivalry, and ALL they’ll have left to play for is to beat us. OBTW: we’ll still beat them; but it will be our toughest REG season game

2. UVA

3. Bama or Oklahoma based on their performance(s) thus far; however UGA MIGHT be a long shot to supplant Bama this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

FSU and State

Sep 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

FSU has as much talent, just bad coaching. State missed a short FG to beat us three years ago and played us close two years ago.

Scratch FSU we will beat them to a pulp. State is the only team with a prayer.

Hahahaa.. I was thinking, well I thought that last yr of FSU

Sep 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

And that game worked out fairly well.. ??

null

Sep 16, 2019, 7:42 AM

1. UofSC
2. UVA
3. LSU, it will be us and LSU in the Championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm

Sep 16, 2019, 8:04 AM

1) Does this include ACCG? If so I'm saying Virginia, if not i think it's pretty clearly South Carolina, as ridiculous as that may sound.

2) Virginia

3) Bama, as always. Saban will have the defense fixed by Dec/Jan

Sep 16, 2019, 8:11 AM

1: NC State - sure they aren't very good but that is about as good as it gets. Dang, the rest of the ACC is 0-10 against AP top 25
2: Duke or Virginia... dang, that is going to be comical.
3: Oklahoma

Sep 16, 2019, 9:38 AM

Boo on you for reminding me that a quarter of the season is already gone. We wait so long for the football season to come back, and then it's seemingly gone in a flash. :( We should lobby for a 16 game regular season like the pros.

The only problem with that is that the SEC teams would be so tired by then, they would have to forfeit any postseason games due to not being able to field a team. :)

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic