Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So listened to Big Ten expert on Sirius this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So listened to Big Ten expert on Sirius this morning

Jan 28, 2020, 2:57 PM

He was saying to get to where Clemson is, the Big Ten would need to have every team implode except that team, just like FSU, Miami, and VT did.

I'm getting sick of this argument. Cause the first 3 years of Clemsons ascent, FSU just won the Natty. Louisville was a top 15 team, Syracuse was decent, NCST was decent and we just played ND and Aub I think. Shoot the first yr we went to the Natty, I think we played like 4 top 15 teams or something crazy like that.

Luckily, the stand in for Kannel said, yes(agreeing that teh acc sucks), but Clemson also ran thru a ton of great teams to get to those nattys in the playoffs. While also correct, this is sorely erasing history of the hard ACC teams we played and the non-conference hard teams we played.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So listened to Big Ten expert on Sirius this morning

Jan 28, 2020, 3:18 PM

They need to start referring to these guys as something other than "experts." These "experts" don't know the first thing about what they're supposed to be experts in.

I'm serious. Since the dawn of blogging and social media, that word has been thrown around in an incredibly irresponsible way. All it takes to be an "expert" these days is a computer and an hour of free time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand why you listen to Sports Talk - nice to try and

Jan 28, 2020, 3:20 PM

escape the "politics all the time" on all other media. However, sometimes it's best just to change the channel or turn the radio/TV off when idiots come on the air with such utter non-sense.

Here's the truth... Clemson's beat down of Alabama two years ago destroyed a nationally espoused media driven narrative by self proclaimed experts. By beating the brakes off Alabama we uncovered how utterly wrong these "experts" are - we quite literally embarrassed them. Since that time, a lot in the media want to do everything in their power to throw shade on us - including their lopsided comments on the ACC. In case you missed it the new narrative is the ACC is year in/year out the worst P5 conference in all of college football. Nevermind that just three years ago the ACC went 8-3 (actually 9-3 if you count Clemson's National Championship) in bowl games. But facts mean nothing to people with agendas...

These media types (to include so-called regular news "journalists" among them) are second only to politicians in being the most arrogant, self-righteous p-r-i-c-k-s to thieve oxygen from the rest of us. If you expect them to deviate from their mantras and self-proclaimed expertise to admit they are wrong about something, then you are going to be sorely disappointed. The best way to get back at these folks is to not help their ratings - change the channel or cut them off all together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand why you listen to Sports Talk - nice to try and

Jan 28, 2020, 3:23 PM

What, exactly is a Big 10 expert?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand why you listen to Sports Talk - nice to try and

Jan 28, 2020, 6:44 PM

Anyone with a pencil, a computer, a loud mouth and a definite bias.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever happened to Rock & Roll on the radio

Jan 28, 2020, 7:19 PM [ in reply to I understand why you listen to Sports Talk - nice to try and ]

Let it Rock to your Very Soul - Savoy brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVfpdvpg28

Jan 28, 2020, 3:23 PM

I remember when the same argument was used against Penn State in the late '60s and most of the '70s. They didn't win a Natty until '82. I do not listen to these morons, nor for the most part, do I watch the morons on ESECPN. Most of them are ex-SEC and Big10 guys, so they simply cannot be objective. I like SBNation, College Football Nerds, Pigskin Pete, College Football Reference for stats and records, Winsipedia. Sometimes I find a program's media guide helpful with historical info. Top Billin' is very good for a closer look at dissecting plays and schemes from recent games.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:25 PM

One glaring mistake of his statement. FSU and others imploding was not the reason Clemson rose, Clemson's rise was the reason for those other schools imploding. Clemson started landing key recruits over those schools rising and athletes started seeing Clemson not only is competing but starting to lead the pack with the future. Now that we're even out recruiting top schools on a national landscape we are getting the pick of the litter beating OSU, Alabama, FSU, UGA, OU etc in key recruiting battles and them imploding is not the reason for Clemson's success. Clemson's success is the reason for their downfall.

Jan 28, 2020, 3:44 PM

The old chicken and egg story. But, I agree with you. Florida State was good in '15 and '16, and the Tigers still beat them. Lewisville was good in '16 and we beat them. Miami was good in '17 and we clobbered them. And Clemson started beating VaTech when they were still good in '11. The ACC has been pretty lousy the last two years, but this can change.

All The Big 10 is Good For is Touching Little Boys & Hitting

Jan 28, 2020, 3:35 PM

Wimmenz

Ped State Showers
Harbaugh doing teen boy sleepovers
O4&0 and their wife beater coach

a garbage league of babies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just saw a new B1G 10 ad.

Jan 28, 2020, 8:08 PM

Really appeals to their fan bases.

~JKB

In other words, they’re jealous and butthurt****

Jan 28, 2020, 3:37 PM

So, they're almost there? They just need

Jan 28, 2020, 3:44 PM

one team to NOT be imploded?

Who's going to step up?

Syracuse hasn't been decent in at least a decade***

Jan 28, 2020, 3:45 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 4:08 PM
OSU.PNG(30.5 K)

I did some expert research and this is what I found.

Suck it bucknuts.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:27 PM

If people would check records of course Clemson has ran thru the ACC so has Alabama every year except this year.So has Ohio state except when the got upset by Purdue.So those three conferences have had one team run over the other teams in their conference. Big 12 , pac 12 have not had a dominate team in several years. Why does the talking heads only mention the ACC?

Jan 28, 2020, 7:05 PM

Sure the ACC sucked last year but to pretend its sucked the last six years and that's the only reason Clemson is where its at today is lazy reporting.

Why aren't these guys jumping on the Big 12 ?

Jan 28, 2020, 7:21 PM

They're the ones that get their lunch handed to them every freakin' time they get to the real competition in the CFP.

Jan 28, 2020, 7:27 PM

Anyone acting like Ohio State has a much harder time getting to the CFP is paid off completely to fit a narrative. Ryan Day is setting himself up for a quick exit with the excuses and narratives he pushes.

Results have to come eventually. With the top programs going nowhere, he will run out of excuses. I like to give coaches a fair shot at judging their style despite the program they play for, and Ryan Day is one that will benefit from the previous coach and drive them into mediocrity.

FSU. Funny how National media/big cant count 10, had no

Jan 28, 2020, 8:26 PM

problem with FSU cruising through the weakest ACC ever. Nobody ever bitched about them having an easy schedule

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic