Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So liberal Nanny State Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

So liberal Nanny State Swinney

Aug 20, 2016, 2:54 PM

wants more regulations introduced to the SC state house by requiring people to wear helmets? If I want to ride around on a moped without a helmet, it is my god given constitutional right to do so. I also think we need to get rid of other over burdening government regulations like forcing auto manufactures to put seat belts in cars. I am skeptical that they save lives anyway. I have no data, just a gut feeling.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully agree with your right to expose yourself, cranium

Aug 20, 2016, 3:00 PM

and all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just don't hold me liable when you squash your brains

Aug 20, 2016, 3:03 PM

all over my bumper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: I fully agree with your right to expose yourself, cranium

Aug 20, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I fully agree with your right to expose yourself, cranium ]

exactly, and i also feel the same way about stop signs and traffic lights, People just run them any way. it is more of this Nanny state crap.

Re: I fully agree with your right to expose yourself, cranium

Aug 22, 2016, 6:23 PM

Why even have roads? If we did away with roads we could just strike out in a straight line to where we wanted to go. At least until we ran into an angry property owner. Maybe the best plan is for the "state" to own all the land. Something sounds very wrong about all of this.

Re: So liberal Nanny State Swinney- I think we should outlaw

Aug 20, 2016, 3:07 PM

outlawing things. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So liberal Nanny State Swinney

Aug 20, 2016, 3:08 PM

How about spend a week in the emergency room and observe while listening. Having had such experience as a child/teen through my late Father, a surgeon of 40 plus years, I could firmly disagree with your attitude and stupidity. I learned a hell of a lot by experience. There is nothing like seeing someone two cars ahead of you on the interstate being killed from ejection from their car because the victim was not wearing a seatbelt.

Common sense has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative. Dabo cares for his players.

Go Tigers!

Aug 20, 2016, 3:10 PM

it is my constitutional right to fly out of my car if I want to. And I should be able to shoot out the tires of other motorists if they are driving badly.

It's in the Geneva Convention. He needs to look it up.***

Aug 20, 2016, 3:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Every man for himself

Aug 20, 2016, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: So liberal Nanny State Swinney ]

The Mad Maxism movement is picking up speed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: So liberal Nanny State Swinney ]

Well, it is my constitutional right not to have you land on my car, whether from a motorcycle or a car, with or without a helmet. So, we has us a conundrum here, do we not?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: So liberal Nanny State Swinney ]

Actually it's not. Driving, or riding, in cars is a privilege given by the state, so they can regulate it any way you want. You are free to act any way you want behind the wheel or on the motor ways, but still subject to the law. Which of your constitutional rights do you think is being trespassed by having to wear a seatbelt or a helmet?

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

then he should tell his players to wear helmets

Aug 20, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: So liberal Nanny State Swinney ]

not blame the lack of a law they may not follow anyway.

yes, its the state's fault the player wasn't wearing a

Aug 20, 2016, 3:10 PM

helmet, this would have been avoided with a law.

The players decision/actions and the team policies are not to be looked at.

We have gone mad.

Re: yes, its the state's fault the player wasn't wearing a

Aug 22, 2016, 6:43 PM

There already is a law that riders of mopeds or motorcycles under the age of 21 wear helmets and eye protection. Kelly broke the law.

I suspect. he doesn't want to have to pay disability and

Aug 20, 2016, 3:13 PM

Medicare benefits for the idiot that becomes disabled for life because he chose not to wear a helmet. You tell me where I can refuse to have my tax dollars pay for hospital care or disability payments or higher auto and health insurance premiums and sign me up....they can ride "free" all they want if they foot the bill for it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

careful, it is a slippery slope to tyranny

Aug 20, 2016, 3:16 PM

we might as well outlaw sweets, alcohol, and tobacco while we are at it.

Like the "tyranny" of having to secure a drivers license in

Aug 20, 2016, 3:33 PM

order to drive, or the tyranny of being required to pass a vision test, or registering your vehicle or wearing a seatbelt, or having to show proper ID to vote. I can think of a lot more tyrannical laws already in place that make much less sense than wearing a dang helmet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like the "tyranny" of having to secure a drivers license in

Aug 20, 2016, 3:34 PM

I know right, we are truly an oppressed nation.

Re: careful, it is a slippery slope to tyranny

Aug 20, 2016, 3:47 PM [ in reply to careful, it is a slippery slope to tyranny ]

I agree we are already on a slippery slop to be taken over by Tranys we have to worry about tyranny too!?!?!

Re: careful, it is a slippery slope to tyranny

Aug 20, 2016, 4:04 PM [ in reply to careful, it is a slippery slope to tyranny ]

Those are just about the stupidest analogies I can even imagine!
At first, I thought you were being satirical but evidently, you really believe this garbage.
You really believe seat belts should be outlawed and you don't believe they save lives? It doesn't take much of a Google search to find out that literally thousands of lives are saved every year from seat belt use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hundreds of thousands of lives would be saved by

Aug 20, 2016, 4:18 PM

outlawing tobacco and high-fructose corn syrup. Making lack of exercise a crime would save even more lives. Just sayin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's probably the only reason we have those kind of laws

Aug 20, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I suspect. he doesn't want to have to pay disability and ]

$$

Thankfully my sarcasm meter is working well.

Aug 20, 2016, 3:31 PM

Perhaps not the case for many others in this thread.

Re: Thankfully my sarcasm meter is working well.

Aug 20, 2016, 3:33 PM

you are probably a gun grabbing liberal too.

I fully admit my meter did not work***

Aug 20, 2016, 3:36 PM

Aug 20, 2016, 3:34 PM

I also think your insurance rates should be jacked up so I don't have to pay your share of the damages you are going to do to yourself. Then you will be totally free to #### yourself up, and I don't have to pay extra for it. And don't go to the hospital expecting to be taken care of for nothing either. NOW, you're free.

what is next? Taking our right to a big gulp?

Aug 20, 2016, 4:22 PM

If I want to ride on a moped with no helmet will taking an IV of corn syrup it is my right!!!!!

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Please, PLEASE tell me you didn't graduate from Clemson...

Aug 20, 2016, 4:39 PM

Either you don't know how to use Google, or you don't know how to interpret statistics.

Here's the data on seatbelts
http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/seatbelts/facts.html
(50% effective at reducing fatalities)

And you can google motorcycle helmet safety statistics, but to save you the trouble they're about 37% effective at preventing fatalities.

pfft, statistics are for gun grabbing commies.

Aug 20, 2016, 5:01 PM

I am not going to let this rant be run by fact checkers and government propaganda. They just report bogus stats to keep their funding from uncle cheese.

Weak post

Aug 20, 2016, 5:09 PM

Go back in your closet.

Re: Weak post

Aug 20, 2016, 6:16 PM

Aug 20, 2016, 4:56 PM

This guy better be thanking his lucky star that he was wearing a seatbelt in this wreck last week!!! Seatbelts do save lives of passengers when cars over turn. The ones not wearing a seatbelt usually gets thrown out and killed!!! Nothing works all the time!!!

http://wnep.com/2016/07/20/group-of-strangers-flip-car-save-man-trapped-inside-crushed-convertible/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 6:07 PM

I am for your right to sky dive with no chute.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How very yorkish of you TB.***

Aug 22, 2016, 5:43 PM

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

states that wanted federal $s had to pass seat belt laws

Aug 22, 2016, 6:34 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29009524/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/cash-strapped-states-mull-new-seat-belt-laws/

Not so for motorcycle or moped helmets.

Blame the Feds for the inconsistency.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic