Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, it appears that Hunter was primarily a Decoy & Blocker vs Bama to get 3 other WR’ers open...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

So, it appears that Hunter was primarily a Decoy & Blocker vs Bama to get 3 other WR’ers open...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:03 AM

since Tide respected him that much to burn them, again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, it appears that Hunter was primarily a Decoy & Blocker vs Bama to get 3 other WR’ers open...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

I've wondered if this were not the case, but I hated it for HR. I was really hoping he would get a Ted for NC and his last game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sigh...... me too

Jan 26, 2019, 10:31 AM

When he caught a couple of his chain moving catches I thought to myself....HERE WE GO!!! It man the game is a team player. No complaints from him...... he is extremely blue collar. Glad he’s a Tiger for life.

Re: So, it appears that Hunter was primarily a Decoy & Blocker vs Bama to get 3 other WR’ers open...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

Watching the Sky cam view I noticed on pass to Ross there were 3 Bama players converging on HR...I am sure he enjoyed the attention...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh you can bet they knew where he was at ALL times lol***

Jan 25, 2019, 10:19 AM

I absolutely believe this, and it was genius

Jan 25, 2019, 10:27 AM

Bama game planned for HR, knowing he was our "go to" on 3rd down, and was determined not to let him pick them apart again. You could see the double (and triple) teams from the very beginning.

This absolutely created opportunities for Higgins and Ross in those situations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he was meant to be a decoy. It's just that

Jan 25, 2019, 11:54 AM

bama had seen Renfrow destroy them for the past couple of years and they had game planned not to let him beat them. Bama defenders were very physical with him and jammed him on the line almost every play.

I think Trevor just saw that Renfrow was blanketed and moved on through his reads and hit other open wrs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 8:39 PM

Seems defenses made him a priority all season. Off the top of my head, I'd say he had just one TD all season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

You’re correct InspectorM .....

Jan 26, 2019, 8:10 AM

.... Hunter had one TD this year - against Ga Tech. In the Bama game he had two receptions for 10 yds - but against Notre Dame he had 4 catches for 62 yds. He was always much more valuable to the team than just his receiving stats - and this was certainly the case in the Alabama game!! He will be greatly missed next year!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Was the best offense game plan we've had since I can't

Jan 25, 2019, 8:46 PM

remember when.

Re: Was the best offense we've had in...

Jan 26, 2019, 9:23 AM

forever. No disrespect to Sammy, Nuk, Mike or DW but we have all that on one team and the players now as individuals may be better. Note, I didn't put CJ in that because CJ added to that team would be as good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to agree with you. Very few trick plays or screens

Jan 26, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Was the best offense game plan we've had since I can't ]

and mostly vertical passing with an emphasis on getting the ball out quickly. Great stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course....that's part of his job....and other WRs are..

Jan 25, 2019, 9:18 PM

...sometimes decoys too. HR shell shocked Bama the first two outings that he was in their head and it's like it was more important for to prevent him from getting a TD that it was to stop the rest of our WR corp.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 8:34 AM

If this was the case it was a great strategy. It also shows has HR is a great team player who puts team first over self. Rare trait among WRs. 1st class player and human.

No doubt!***

Jan 26, 2019, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic