Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is the door now definitely closed on Korey Foreman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

So is the door now definitely closed on Korey Foreman?

May 26, 2020, 6:14 PM

Are we still willing to give him a spot after his fun trips are done?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So is the door now definitely closed on Korey Foreman?

May 26, 2020, 6:22 PM

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 6:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 26, 2020, 6:27 PM

TU. Couldn’t get it to load.

May 26, 2020, 6:28 PM

no prob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 26, 2020, 6:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 6:30 PM

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

Unfortunately he screwed the pooch on his future.

May 26, 2020, 6:54 PM

But he's not the first and won't be the last.

Re: Unfortunately he screwed the pooch on his future.

May 26, 2020, 6:57 PM

But he's not the first and won't be the last.

So let's see he will go to the real USC and then be a first round pick and become a millionaire. I sure wish I could screw his pooch. Lol

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 7:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately he screwed the pooch on his future. ]

We'll see. USC hasn't exactly been good at developing talent. I wish him the best. I don't blame a kid who got bad advice from people who should work for his best interest. But that's a long way to go. USC regularly ruins top talent they get. I think they've put one defensive lineman in the first two rounds this decade. We'll see if Foreman bucks that trend. But we do know we won't have to worry about seeing him in the playoffs.

May 26, 2020, 7:00 PM

I hope not. Yeah it sucks he decommited but he is a great player and I and hopefully everyone on t-net would love to get him. I don't like that he decommited anymore then the other guy but for all of the hate I have seen him get for his opinion and decision it is kinda sad. Yes I know Dabo doesn't allow officials once you are commited and I love that he takes it seriously. But as a 21 year old senior at CSU I can see why a 17-18 year old "kid" would want to see other schools. I mean I would love to take my visits to schools like Bama, Oregon, FSU, etc. those places are probably really nice and would be nice to see the stadium and see what they are about. Like I said I agree and like Dabos stance on it that you are all in or you aren't. I don't think we should dog on a kid for wanting to see other programs. I would love to go to a game at FSU. I bet it is awesome. Not as awesome as Clemson of course but it would be cool to experience it once especially if its a win for my tigers while I am there. I know there are a lot of people joking about it and thats fine and even if you aren't that is fine to that is your opinion and your choice. But I can see where he is coming from. Do I love it no. I wish he would have stayed commited or took the visits before commiting, but he didn't. Hopefully we still get him. If this means his spot is gone then so be it. Patterson is a baller and we will be fine. But getting him wouldn't hurt either. Go Tigers!!!

No...

May 26, 2020, 7:04 PM

Foreman is a different type DE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 7:11 PM

Here is an explanation from Shakinthesouthland Dr QT who says it best:

Clemson has commitments from DE’s Cade Denhoff and now Patterson. Patterson is someone the staff has always held in high regard and wanted to add to the class. With Denhoff and Foreman that didn’t look likely (Patterson would’ve had to wait until the end of the class to see if there was room). When Foreman decommitted I said that Clemson could still take three defensive ends in this class and I maintain that it is a very real possibility. Swinney wants 18 in the class but the number could go to 20 easily (which is where I think it ends up) or even as high as 22-23 depending on attrition. Could Foreman ultimately end up at Clemson—the door is still slightly cracked but he hasn’t done himself any favors and will need to make amends with Clemson coaches. Not likely, but not impossible. Dallas Turner is a name to watch as an oversign target. I do think taking three quality defensive ends is warranted in the class to keep the cupboard fully stocked.

May 26, 2020, 8:53 PM

It would seem so since Maason Smith (DT)has publicly said that they are going to play for the same team. Foreman and Smith hit it off at the Open earlier. According to Rival's article sources close to Foreman have also confirmed that to be the case. That would seem to put a damper on Foreman as an over sign with the package deal with Smith(if you can believe any of that actually being the case). There is no way we could take four. I don't believe we would have room for three DE by the time Foreman takes all of his officials. He has said recently he still wants to take one to Clemson!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Foreman is absolutely a take...

May 26, 2020, 9:01 PM

He did what our coaches asked and decommitted before going on other visits. Watch his video.

May 26, 2020, 9:05 PM

He is an oversign talent, regardless. If he wants to be a TIGER he will be taken!

May 26, 2020, 11:30 PM

We don't oversign for anyone. Flowe was very possibly better (and certainly in a higher need position). But when he couldn't decide they moved on and he no longer had a spot.

May 26, 2020, 9:26 PM

He recommited from Clemson. We did not decommit from him. It's now on him to come back to Clemson. Don't beg for someone who is not ALLIN.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

The door definitely NOT closed on Korey Foreman

May 26, 2020, 9:40 PM

He just has to commit and understand what it means to commit. It is that simple.

.... That assumes Dabo still has an open spot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 10:48 PM

Im happy with the DE commitment we got today and im sure he will be a really good player for us but im still a little dissapointed about Korey's decision. I was stoked when he committed, watched a lot of his film and he is basicallly a human forklift with crazy speed. He would of no doubt been a day 1 contributor no matter who was in front of him on our depth chart. Its like santa bringing you a ps4 on christmas only for your parents to return it a few months later. You never know, maybe we will end up getting him back but my guess is that the coaches have moved on and they will no longer pursue Korey.

May 27, 2020, 12:11 AM

Last month, Foreman talked about listing his final 5 and that Clemson's status depended on if we took another DE commit.

Now that Patterson has chosen us, we will not be in Foreman's final 5 when he names them.

The Korey Foreman ship has sailed.

My guess is he selects between (the real) USC and LSU.

Goonies never say die

May 27, 2020, 1:22 AM

It will be fine

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic