Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Supposedly the guy form the Ohio State Insider that is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,521

Supposedly the guy form the Ohio State Insider that is

Nov 30, 2012, 12:34 PM

stating that Gt is BIG bound, alos called UMD and Rutgers before it happened. That does give him credibility.

And he also says that FSU will leave for the Big 12, announcing right after the ACC championship game.

And..

@Tim_Matty247: "Sources are indicating that the #B1G has approved #GT as its 15th member. Stay tuned... @CFravel247 @Clemson247"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

So if we are in a wait and see mode in regards to FSU do we

Nov 30, 2012, 12:37 PM

follow them as soon as we can after they announce? I can only hope if this happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So if we are in a wait and see mode in regards to FSU do we

Nov 30, 2012, 1:26 PM

If our idiot president would get off his a$$, we wouldn't be taking any wait-and-see approach, but already be laying the groundwork for a Big 12 move.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know they aren't laying the groundwork? You

Nov 30, 2012, 2:34 PM

in the upper echelon of Clemson Administration?

Re: Supposedly the guy form the Ohio State Insider that is

Nov 30, 2012, 12:38 PM

That's interesting and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I wonder why people feel the need to put insider knowledge out on Twitter.

If you're putting it out on a pay site like Rivals, I can understand that, but I don't see why you'd want to broadcast sensitive knowledge to the whole world.

IDK, twitter just seems like an ego trip to me. It's like the kid who has the nicest bike in the neighborhood and he makes sure to ride by all the other kids's houses to let them know how great his bike is.

Most people don't mature after puberty***

Nov 30, 2012, 12:54 PM

I keep hearing GT is gone as well but that FSU and Clemson

Nov 30, 2012, 12:38 PM

still have a shot at the SEC. If that can happen I'm all for it. I'm still not sold on the BIG 12 idea yet but if GT does leave we don't have much of a choice I guess.

Re: I keep hearing GT is gone as well but that FSU and Clemson

Nov 30, 2012, 1:12 PM

Its all about the money. People keep saying Clemson and FSU to SEC. Not gonna happen the SEC wants new TV markets. In the end Clemson may end up in the Big 12. If GT goes to the Big 10 then the flood gates maybe openning.

I'm not totally sold on TV markets in the SEC anymore

Nov 30, 2012, 1:46 PM

Here is why...

What TV markets are left? Sure, you have North Carolina which is a nice State to have if you want basketball. None of those schools bring anything to the table when it comes to football. Sure, at times they have been so so in football but not something I would consider year in and year out being a "Player". Furthermore, N.C. State vs Alabama or LSU is not a game that would attract viewers...why? It's NC State!. Now, on the flip side Alabama or LSU vs Clemson. That would be a match-up that draws people to watch outside the general viewing area.

IMO, the SEC has cornered the TV markets they need. Now I believe they will add more teams that have a "history" and a football first mentality. Outstanding grid-iron match-ups draw viewers, not N.C. State vs Georgia or Virgina vs Florida.

Message was edited by: spearmant®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not totally sold on TV markets in the SEC anymore

Nov 30, 2012, 2:02 PM

Spearmant you make a good point, and if the SEC model was like that of the Big 12's model, FSU and Clemson are no-brainer additions.

But the SEC is lookign to start up its own network. The have plenty of high profile marquee games already, and own most of the south as it is> What they are missing is North Carolina nad Virginia markets. With a combined 6 million TV sets in those two markets a 1$ per month, thats an additional 72 million dollars to the conference that FSU and Clemson do not add as South Carolina and Florida already provide those TV sets in those states.

Big 12 isnt looking to do a conference network per se (though Fox seems to be buying everyone but UT, OU and KU's Tier 3 rights at this point to make a de-facto Big 12 network) so for them to increase their contracts they need more marquee games.

Since the SEC's model isn't like the Big 12's, FSU and Clemson have literally no shot at the SEC.

You guys absolutely do fit in better there though, there is no doubt about that.

link

Nov 30, 2012, 2:00 PM [ in reply to I keep hearing GT is gone as well but that FSU and Clemson ]

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/2012113014151/david-glenns-realignment-rumor-rant.php

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,521
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic