Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl..

Nov 29, 2018, 3:18 PM

and #2 Dawgs vs #3 Irish in Cotton.

You see the same the possible scenario?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl..

Nov 29, 2018, 3:21 PM

Lord I hope so

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 3:29 PM

If OU beats a ranked Texas team, the only team theyve lost to, and is 12-1 as a conference champion... having won against every team on their schedule... they do not get left out. So I think Bama gets left out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma is not going to get in over Bama

Nov 29, 2018, 3:34 PM

Unless they dominate Texas, and Alabama looks like a bad team against Georgia.

Re: Oklahoma is not going to get in over Bama

Nov 29, 2018, 3:38 PM

Unless we can get our defense to show up, it will all be over very quickly for us.

Re: Oklahoma is not going to get in over Bama

Nov 29, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Oklahoma is not going to get in over Bama ]

Bama wouldn't have made it last year if Wisconsin didnt screw the pooch. They needed help to get in and they got it. This weekend, the playoffs start for uga and bama. I think the loser will be out. I personally want to see osu vs bama and us vs ND. Urban has a sabans number just like dabo has urbans number. Bada bing bada boom national champs baby!!!

Nov 29, 2018, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl.. ]

Tell me how an undefeated Alabama team (reigning national champs) gets left out of the playoffs. Ain't going to happen.

Nov 29, 2018, 3:46 PM

How will Bama be undefeated if they lose Saturday? Is this more coot math? Don't you have some USuC apparel to put away and break out the Bama apparel? Your feathers are showing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 5:05 PM

Because you will have 3 conference champions that are 12-1, and non-conference champion Alabama that will be 12-1. The last one to lose that doesnt have a conference championship gets left out.

I would certainly hope so, but don't underestimate the

Nov 29, 2018, 10:52 PM

influence of the SEC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl.. ]

Diaagree. Why does the last one to lose automatically get left out? That is old school AP poll thinking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl.. ]

To echo the sentiments of some posters from earlier, I do think this is the year that they very could get left out. I wouldn't put all my money on it, but think about it:

If UGA wins, Ohio State wins, and Oklahoma wins (especially convincingly so), that means that you are barring two 1-loss P5 champions. One of those would be an Oklahoma, who at that point would have beaten everyone on their schedule, assuming they pull it out against Texas.

If the committee were to choose Alabama over those programs, essentially, the ONLY reason could be that they subjectively believe that they're better despite the resumes. It would look like they would be bending over backwards for Alabama, despite two teams, technically with better resumes.

Like I said, I wouldn't bet my savings on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if a 1-loss Alabama gets left out for those reasons.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:25 PM

If Bama loses a close one it could be Clemson 1 UGA 2 Bama 3 ND 4.

If that happens the SEC would have a fit.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:32 PM

I hope THE COMMITTEE winds up in a fist fight...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will never in #### rematch Bama-UGA in the semi

Nov 29, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: So, if Bama loses it will be them (#4) vs us (#1) in Orange Bowl.. ]

The committee will not be above juggling the rankings to get the matchups they prefer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 4:54 PM

YES, CC is a tie breaker tool

Nov 29, 2018, 5:04 PM

I’ll make this simple, long term thinking, if Bama loses and stays in the top 4 over conf champs OSU and OKLA, then we have an 8 team playoff coming soon.

Unfortunately, yes****

Nov 29, 2018, 11:33 PM

Nov 29, 2018, 5:04 PM

We were talking about it at work today. If 2 SEC teams get into the playoff again then they need to play each other in the first round. I don’t care how but I don’t want to see a rematch from the sec Championship. If it’s an sec bragging rights/ national championship count me out for watching the game once again this year. I cannot stand a fan base rooting for a whole conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:37 PM

I’ve weighed in on this already more than some care to hear, but the entire dynamic is different this season than last. IF the committee were to put in a defeated Alabama at the four spot, it would create the perception of inequity that would almost threaten to destroy the system itself.

I simply don’t think they’ll do that.

It’s also undeniable (to me at least) that this whole discussion is likely a hypothetical exercise as I think Bama’s gonna Bama....and if we take care of business, “We’ll cash ‘em outside” in the Natty. (I really don’t know what that means, but apparently she’s a rapper now.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh god***** it will not.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:42 PM

How many times do we have to go through this? Last year, Alabama got in because the other options had two losses. If Alabama loses and Ohio State and Oklahoma win, it will be Clemson, Georgia, ND, and OSU/OK. Alabama will have absolutely no chance of losing that game and staying in the top 4 in that scenario. It just isn't going to happen, if for nothing else than the completely pragmatic reason that it would blow up the CFP if they did.

No Bama Gets A Redo if They Lose***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Bama Gets A Redo if They Lose***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:53 PM

If Bama loses and Clemson, OU and OSU win, Bama has a 16% chance of making the playoff. Relax!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever came up with that 16% has a zero chance of being on

Nov 29, 2018, 11:00 PM

the playoff committee!!

Re: Whoever came up with that 16% has a zero chance of being on

Nov 29, 2018, 11:04 PM

If Oklahoma wins convincingly and Bama loses, Bama will be out this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so sure about that.

Nov 29, 2018, 11:34 PM

I’ve seen one projection that put UGA at 1 and Bama at 4 with a win (reason being the schedule) but I don’t think they do that.

My best guess would be Clemson 1 and UGA 2. While they could leave Bama out the committee has expressed lots of doubt on both OU and OSU given thier defenses. There would be a lot of discussion between Bama and ND. Since neither won a conf champ they are even there. Given that Bama was seen as better before the 13th game, I think they give the nod over ND (remember the committee says its cares about who you beat and how you look not who you lose to). That would mean:

1- Clemson
2 - UGA
3 - Bama
4 - ND

I could live with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 1:16 AM

Personally... I hope if we do get the chance to go head to head with Bama again, then I would hope it’s for the championship and not the semifinal.

The more time Saban has to prepare, the more vulnerable we become... I respect the opponent. He’s a good coach and has a great defensive mind/team.

Also, I think our team at the moment is healthier than his this season. After the semis we might have bigger areas of opportunity.

I also hope our offense is dialed in... quick plays. Remember, our highly explosive offense went against a unhealthy USCjr. team last game. We won’t have easy trucking up the middle with runs, even with an improved O line.

Our D WILL show up. I can ?? guarantee that. The secondary will be tested more than they have all year... hope to God D*amn that we learn to pick up the floating TE route! I mean God D*amn it’s frustrating seeing a play from previous hard fought games be literally reheated and served down our throats.

Speaking of Coach V better of prepared a steady diet of shovel pass for our Pitt game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 2:36 AM

If Bama loses, I think they are still in. They have been the consensus #1 the entire year and their only loss would be a neutral site game against a top 4 opponent. They have passed the "eye test" all season. Make fun of that all you want, but objectively you cannot honestly say that they are not one of the best 4 teams in the country.

In fact, if they lose, they may stick at #3 still ahead of Notre Dame.
And if UGA wins, I think there's a pretty good debate in the minds of the CFP if it should be UGA or Clemson at #1.

Clemson-UGA-ND-Bama
Clemson-UGA-Bama-ND
UGA-Clemson-ND-Bama
UGA-Clemson-Bama-ND

I could see any of those combinations happening. Would the committee tweak the seeds to avoid a first-round rematch of UGA/Bama? The same question exists for Clemson/Bama...it's a month-old rematch or a year-old rematch.

I don't see a situation where the four could be aligned that it's Clemson/UGA in the first round.

Nov 30, 2018, 5:23 AM

I don't think they can let two SEC teams in AGAIN. If Bama looses they're out.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic