Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, hold on. Y’all saying 2 SECW teams?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,846

So, hold on. Y’all saying 2 SECW teams?

Nov 24, 2019, 12:22 AM

With LSU win?

Us & OSU?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, hold on. Y’all saying 2 SECW teams?

Nov 24, 2019, 12:32 AM

ESPN is still trying to figure out how to have 3 SEC teams in the CFP. LSU, Bama, and UGA. If we lose a game, then they'll try to squeeze Florida in there.

I gave a scenario of 3 SEC teams and even thinking

Nov 24, 2019, 1:19 AM

I was ridiculed here. If Georgia wins out, it will be interesting with 3 SEC teams all one loss. ESPN agenda will work on angel for that to happen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: I gave a scenario of 3 SEC teams and even thinking

Nov 24, 2019, 1:52 AM

That's not going to happen. No way know how. Even if Georgia beats LSU. There is no way Alabama gets in. Not without omitting Clemson or Ohio State.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The committee knows they can’t keep excluding

Nov 24, 2019, 1:53 AM

PAC12 and B1G teams the playoffs, or the partnership will fall apart. The B1G and PAC12 will tell the other three partners that they’re going back to the Rose Bowl every year. ESPN is just trying to create controversy, because they think that’ll help ratings.

Re: The committee knows they can’t keep excluding

Nov 24, 2019, 2:19 AM

I agree. People have to understand that dynamic a bit. It's a bad look to continuously keep PAC 12 teams out. In fact, it's been what 2 years since Ohio State and a Big Ten team made it.
Picture taking their collective balls and leaving.
The SEC is everything folks don't understand transparency.
Alabama getting in made sense in 17 when OSU had two losses. It won't this season versus 1 loss champs.

Agree 100 %, Hillrock. A non conference winner should not

Nov 24, 2019, 2:50 AM

even be considered for the CFP, unless they have less losses than one of the conference champs, as you said, Bama in 2017!

Another reason is, why would you want possible re-matches? They should be avoided, if at all possible. This year, LSU has already proven they are better than Bama, why make them play again?

I do think the committee will keep UGA & Bama 4th and 5th, up until the final poll, because that just creates more controversy, thus mure fan interest in the playoff shows.

For the final poll, after the CCG's are played, the PAC 12 champ will move up to fourth, as they should! Even if UGA were to beat LSU! Again, UGA will have proven they are better than LSU...why set up a re-match?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The committee knows they can’t keep excluding

Nov 24, 2019, 5:53 AM [ in reply to Re: The committee knows they can’t keep excluding ]

Agree, HillRockTiger

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Exactly.***

Nov 24, 2019, 5:32 AM [ in reply to The committee knows they can’t keep excluding ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, hold on. Y’all saying 2 SECW teams?

Nov 24, 2019, 8:14 AM

Doesn’t matter to me. We’d be able to say we were 4–0 against the SEC this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic