Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So here we are again today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

So here we are again today...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:30 PM

Everyone complaining about Brad Brownell, fire him, his brand of basketball is booooring, he can't recruit, he can't coach, he should have a practice where they shoot the basketball, etc,, etc., etc,
But when I ask for the name of a big time coach who Clemson CAN hire to turn the program around all I get is crickets.
The truth is that the Clemson basketball job is no better than the USUCK football job. No power 5 coach will come here to end his career and that is what it will take to change this program.
Rick Barnes came and left with the first big offer, OP came and left for another school that ended his career.
One of the best coaches to ever coach at Clemson Cliff Ellis got run off by a bunch of wahoos who thought we should compete for the ACC crown every two years (his teams were very good every 3 to 4 years).
So the question is back for at least the fourth time without a single answer.

Power 5 coach
Clemson CAN hire
Has the name to recruit top players
Experience in turning around failing programs
(You can't hire Coach K)
Give me a specific name!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So here we are again today...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:33 PM

So who would have have suggested Dabo Swinney in this scenario for football? No one. Absolutely no one. Just because someone isn’t a big name coach doesn’t mean we can’t find a coach who has the ability to elevate this program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

touche' ....musta been typing at same time***

Feb 18, 2019, 7:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd look at the cheerleading team or a real estate agent...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:34 PM

but that's just me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 8:22 PM

I read today that the coaches at WF & GT were both on the hot seat. Both programs have a better history and natural b-ball advantages over CU but how many HCs have they gone through since they had a winner? Winning in the ACC is not easy so you had better be sure before a change is made

There is

Feb 18, 2019, 8:49 PM

NOT going to be a coaching change at Clemson so let’s discuss something else . If you don’t like the job B.B. is doing, cancel your IPTAY membership. Ooops. That will not work!

Go Tigers
Scholarships mean championships

Feb 18, 2019, 8:55 PM

This is what I call the Bowden argument. Who is a better coach? Bowden had a better coach on his staff.
The "who is better out there" should never factor into a coaching decision.

How about Scott Drew at Baylor?.......

Feb 18, 2019, 9:17 PM

Pretty stable and impressive resume.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 10:55 PM

It sounds like Waterboy does not really have a lot of business experience making huge decisions that affect a lot of people. Not really trying to dis you or anything, but saying we can't hire a BB coach with a proven track record is simply not true.

What you should have said is - CLEMSON Admin typically does NOT hire coaches with proven track records, but prefers to try finding the 'diamond in the rough' HC that will possibly be successful. It worked out it football, but continues to fail in BB. I've been around a long time, and it seems to be the M.O. of the CLEMSON Admin to always do that. They got lucky with Danny Ford, and failed repeatedly for 30+ years before hitting the jackpot with Dabo. Unfortunately, they simply do NOT understand that this method does not work as well in BB because of the one-and-done players. The great, proven coaches get the one-and-done guys and win games easily with future NBA players.

I know he will never leave Gonzaga, but I would love to have someone like Mark Few come to CLEMSON. I would actually start watching CLEMSON BB again. Until they get a coach that can win games, then I will continue to pay as much attention to CLEMSON BB as I do their golf, tennis, swimming, track,... Football and baseball are still fine.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic