Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
be honest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,344

be honest

May 7, 2016, 7:53 PM

What was your expectations heading into monte's first season? I'll tell you mine - hoping for a regional. That's it. Nothing else. This team has far exceeded my expectations so far. Being able to go to wake series let me see first hand what a fighting ball club this is. Beating usuck 2 of 3 and FSU 2 of 3 is awesome. There have been some sh1tty games tucked in this season and the pitching/fielding has been atrocious at various times, but they are gritty. I fully expect to take 2 of 3 from pack and 2 of 3 from Irish. I also think 38 wins and .500 conference is very doable. When Krall or Barnes is on mound, I expect a win. Everyone else, not so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

So far, this has been a good season. Tigers win tomorrow !***

May 7, 2016, 8:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So far, this has been a good season. Tigers win tomorrow !***

May 7, 2016, 8:57 PM

In spite of some of the potholes on this ride the spirit & resiliency this team showed along with the series wins has more than been satisfying. If they make it to a regional it is just icing on the cake because anything can happen after that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't see how this

May 7, 2016, 9:20 PM

is a "far exceeding expectations" season. i mean our program didn't fall that far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: be honest

May 7, 2016, 10:30 PM

What I was hoping for was first and foremost a winning season.
I really had no expectations of making Omaha ,or even a regional.
However ,what I really wanted to see was a more aggressive offensive team,hitting more with power and getting away from the small ball Jack preached.
Even though today's game seemed more of a football scoring game from the Pack's point of view,
I am pleased with Monte's team in his first season.

destroyed georgia too, didnt expect that***

May 7, 2016, 10:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 9:36 AM

As bad as our pitching is, it is better than I expected preseason. I think we have won ALL of our mid-week games, which is pretty good IMO. We simply do not have the depth at pitching, so it's hard to sweep teams in the ACC, as most are pretty solid teams. Anytime we take 2 of 3 and win an ACC series, then I consider that better than expected.

All that said - I'll be more than satisfied to see us make a regional, even if we do not host. I don't think we're all that good. If we manage to host a regional, then I think we will make a SR, but not win it. We simply do not have the depth needed to make the run.

Or we could use the USUC plan and exit the conference tourney as quickly as possible, thus saving our pitching as much as possible. Then we might have a chance in the Regional and SR. But - to do that, we would have needed a better record to make a Regional without winning anything in the ACCT. So we can't use the USUC plan.

May 8, 2016, 2:12 AM

I've left Doug Kingsmore Stadium upset and disappointed many times, but never embarrassed. Today I left embarrassed. Down double digit runs and having two men picked off is inexcusable. That has nothing to do with bad pitching, that my friends is poor coaching. How's that for being honest?

May 8, 2016, 7:14 AM

And even the best coaches have bad days!It happens.
And that is being honest as well!
Oh,and you left out the bad fielding,and throwing,and trying to produce a run
when your down by 16.

May 8, 2016, 5:28 AM

30 wins .
I thought that with all the new coaches , depleted staff and all the transitional stuff that 30 wins would be a solid year .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 8, 2016, 7:15 AM

I always expect to win the games, but we don't have the pitching we need yet and we are making to many errors defensively. That being said, I am just excited to want to follow the baseball team again. It was no fun for the team or the fans near the end. The change was good and the fans responded

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2016, 12:16 PM

For me it was to definitely make the post season with a shot at hosting. This is only because for me it is almost always expected that we make the tournament. Can't remember off the top of my head but we have only missed post season play like twice in 30 plus years? I like where we are heading but I don't believe we should dumb down our expectations to a lower tier because of a new coach. I fully expect that we are heading towards the right direction however. Go tigers.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,344
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic