Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, did anyone watch 'Paterno' last night on HBO?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,246

So, did anyone watch 'Paterno' last night on HBO?

Apr 9, 2018, 9:19 AM

i'm not sure that i want to. I find the whole situation revolting.

Interestingly enough, there are still Penn State fans that refuse to agree and let this go. You would think they just wouldn't say anything about it out of respect?

https://onwardstate.com/2018/04/09/wont-watch-hbos-paterno-movie/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: So, did anyone watch 'Paterno' last night on HBO?

Apr 9, 2018, 9:26 AM

yes sir.......Al Pacino was very impressive as always.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 9:50 AM

I thought it was very good, Al Pacino was fantastic. I couldn't stop thinking how we would react if something like that hit our program. On the surface JoePa did everything the right way and was loved by everyone, very similar to Dabo. I honestly think there would be a lot of people on here defending the program initially as they just wouldn't be able to believe all of the things to be true and would take offense to how the media is covering your beloved coach. Just food for thought

Apr 9, 2018, 10:01 AM

Agree that in EVERY tragic or even negative situation you will have someone (or someone's) defending the perpetrator (s) for various reasons to innumerable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 12:01 PM

watched it it and found the last scene very interesting. Wonder if that part is true, 1978?

Clemson fans would blame it on Swofford.***

Apr 9, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: So, did anyone watch 'Paterno' last night on HBO? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So, did anyone watch 'Paterno' last night on HBO? ]

I haven’t watched it yet, but I agree with your analysis. College sports elicits such passion and loyalty among fans. If this happened at any school, including Clemson, there would be a certain % of fans who would defend the coach/program to the end. There would be others who could be clear-eyed and separate their love for the school from the heinous actions of the individual and want the school held accountable.

I feel empathy for the Penn State fan base. Of course, I feel more empathy for Sandusky’s victims. But what a horrible situation to be placed in for everyone concerned.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,246
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic