Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So delighted that the Charlotte Panthers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

So delighted that the Charlotte Panthers

Dec 27, 2015, 4:48 PM

Got beat by Vic and the Falcons! Scam got his but handed to him....couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So delighted that the Charlotte Panthers

Dec 27, 2015, 4:59 PM

Yes, it was a thing of beauty to see Scam get stripped by Vic. Hopefully Scam and the Panthers don't win again! Hope this doesn't crush Deshaun, he does love him some Scam....he's mature and poised enough to not let it effect his game. I wish he looked up to somebody else and not scum like Scam. Oh well, no body is perfect.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:18 PM

People love to hate Cam. All he does is win football games and be an outstanding member of the community. But I'm sure you hate him smiling and having fun playing a game.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:23 PM

I can't speak for his reasons but mine are simple, he is a theif and like Jameis Winston, he believe rules aren't made for him. Also, him playing for my most hated NFL team is all the more delightful.

He made a few mistakes as an 18-20 year old

Dec 27, 2015, 6:38 PM

but living in CLT and knowing how he treats people and what he does in the community, more than makes up for it in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stealing a laptop is a pretty BIG mistake.

Dec 27, 2015, 9:43 PM

And aren't most NFL players EXPECTED to perform some community service?

And do you really think he knew NOTHING of his father profiting on his move to Auburn?

You are free to be naive and drink the Panther NFL Kool-Aid.

Dec 27, 2015, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: So delighted that the Charlotte Panthers ]

Let it go dude. The guy has done nothing but good sense he has been in the NFL.
Oh did you forget about the Coke you stole when you were a kid? If not that I am positive you have done many things that were considered illegal and if not illegal sinful.
People can and do change! You should try it!

Dec 28, 2015, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: So delighted that the Charlotte Panthers ]

Guess you don't have anything in your past that you're ashamed of or have done things in the past you wish you hadn't. You probably have never needes a second or third or fourth chance huh? Must be nice. You sound like a "cast the first stone kinda fella".

Dec 27, 2015, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: So delighted that the Charlotte Panthers ]

Could be worse. He could look up to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 5:27 PM

Yes, You could be right however, even worse he could look down at you, you're such a little, whinny sarcastic crum.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:31 PM

You calling someone whiney? Yet, many of your posts this year has dealt with Cam Newton being a scam, Scum etc.

Cam grew up from his bad behavior at 18, maybe you will also someday grow up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So delighted that you misspelled butt in your post.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:25 PM

Jelly much brah?

Re: So delighted that you misspelled butt in your post.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:30 PM

Nothing to be jealous over, thieves disgust me no matter their income.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:33 PM

Thieves disgust me as well but I also realize there is nothing wrong with second chances.

By all accounts, except for people like you and dj, he Has made the best of his second chance.

Hey I'm not going to say Newton is an angel but,

Dec 27, 2015, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: So delighted that you misspelled butt in your post. ]

From what I've seen over the last several years, he has become a decent man. He appears to love the game and plays with pride. Yeah he stole while at Florida, just a couple years removed from high school.
But if you still hate a man so many years later, maybe there is some underlying jealousy. I don't know but, if nothing else, I appreciate the way he plays the game. I hated him too at first but he's grown on me. Of course there is the possibility that my moral compass is completely out of whack, but I doubt it is.

But I must add, that I agree, that it's good to see Beasley having a good day.

Message was edited by: 7spots®

Re: Hey I'm not going to say Newton is an angel but,

Dec 27, 2015, 5:40 PM

I disliked him as well when he was younger. But the guy has grew up.

Re: Hey I'm not going to say Newton is an angel but,

Dec 27, 2015, 6:45 PM

I disliked him at Auburn and I doubt anything he does will change my mind very much about him.

Dec 27, 2015, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So delighted that you misspelled butt in your post. ]

I agree. The same people on here who hate Jemeis Winston love Cam Newton. Only difference is Cam now plays for a team they like.

Also Cam didn't rape anybody. But don't let facts get in the

Dec 27, 2015, 9:59 PM

way.

Re: Also Cam didn't rape anybody. But don't let facts get in the

Dec 27, 2015, 10:01 PM

According to the legal system, Winston did not rape anyone either. Considering she has not pursued civil action against him, she must have very little evidence to back up her claim.

There was never a case to be had, thanks to the Tally PD

Dec 27, 2015, 10:13 PM

By the way, you may wanna check your facts there, killer.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-trial-date-set-jameis-wiinston-lawsuit-20150723-post.html

it's the Carolina Panthers, they have never used Charlotte...

Dec 27, 2015, 5:35 PM

By the way the Panthers are the number one seed and the falcons aren't going to the playoffs, so this game was meaningless in the overall picture of the playoffs

They haven't, but they should. The last time I looked.......

Dec 27, 2015, 5:41 PM

Bank of America Stadium was in Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They haven't, but they should. The last time I looked.......

Dec 27, 2015, 5:45 PM

While we're at it,

SC gamecocks should be Cootlumbia Gamecocks
Florida Gators should be Gainesville Gators
Alabama Crimson Tide should be Tuscaloosa Crimson Tide
Arizona Cardinals should be Phoenix Cardinals

LOL ;)

Re: it's the Carolina Panthers, they have never used Charlotte...

Dec 27, 2015, 5:44 PM [ in reply to it's the Carolina Panthers, they have never used Charlotte... ]

Well, the word "Carolina" implies that the team represents and is located in both Carolinas. Both states put up funds to Help recruit the team and there was a site planned for the Stadium that encompassed parts of both states. As you know, they chose Charlotte NC as their "home" so it's a slap in the face to SC residents to call them the Carolina Panthers. They are and will forever be the Charlotte Panthers. I've hated them since the screwed SC. My only hope is they lose the rest of ther games for all of eternity. Hope this clears that up for you.

wow, your info is way off....

Dec 27, 2015, 5:51 PM

Panthers never stated they were building a stadium that was going to be on the border of SC and NC. Plans were to build in Charlotte from the beginning. By the way they played their first at Death Valley, and have their fall camp at Wofford every year. So yes there is an SC connection.

Re: wow, your info is way off....

Dec 27, 2015, 5:52 PM

And check out what the Panthers have done for the rock Hill area.

The impact the Panthers have had in that area. Could be wrong, but Rock Hill is in SC.

Hate to burst your bubble but a lot of NFL teams don't play

Dec 28, 2015, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: it's the Carolina Panthers, they have never used Charlotte... ]

in the city that their franchise is named after....both NY teams are located in NJ, Jerryworld is located in Arlington, the redskins play in maryland, the list goes on.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I like the Panthers, I don't care for $cam Newton.***

Dec 27, 2015, 6:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 6:25 PM

What a kill joy! I will admit that I am a Panther fan who used to not care for Cam. However, he has really come around and I actually like him. He has learned from his earlier behavior. By the way, all year when the Tigers won on Saturday, the Panthers won on Sunday....just saying!

14-1 and after next week will clinch #1 NFC playoff seed***

Dec 27, 2015, 6:25 PM

Re: 14-1 and after next week will clinch #1 NFC playoff seed***

Dec 27, 2015, 6:39 PM

Go Panthers, why all the hate? Still the best team in the NFL. They will win it all

Dec 27, 2015, 6:43 PM

That won't go over well on here . He is the local team's star ...so tread lightly .
Good on Vic Beastly though , great former Tiger rep !
Meanwhile , my lifetime team the Pittsburgh Steelers got beat again by the Ratbirds and are likely out of the playoffs . Boo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 18, 2015, 6:58 PM

I'm not a Panthers fan but this thread is hilarious. So many people bashing Newton when the reality is that if there's anyone to pull for in the NFL, it should be him. He does more for soup kitchens, children and charities than probably anyone in the league. Some of you are just full of blind hatred.

Dec 27, 2015, 7:16 PM

Unfortunately there isn't much forgiveness and forgetting around here.

Dec 27, 2015, 7:33 PM

Go Carolina Panthers!!!!!

Agree. He will forever be $CAM Newton.***

Dec 27, 2015, 9:45 PM

I wonder if you've ever done anything stupid as a 19-21 year old?

Dec 27, 2015, 9:49 PM

I'm guessing not. Congrats on your perfect life. Your judgment as well as others speaks volumes about your true personality. What reason is there to hate him today?

Oh darn. Guess the Panthers will just have to settle

Dec 27, 2015, 10:01 PM

for still having the best record in the NFL. What a bummer.

I'm happy that my Falcons decided to not get kicked around

Dec 27, 2015, 10:11 PM

AGAIN! And they still almost gave it away with stupid penalties.

I will cheer for the Panthers once the Falcons are out of it. Cam is a heck of a player.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's gonna be rough being 18-1 SB champs but I guess I'll manage to get through it.***

Dec 28, 2015, 12:50 AM

Re: It's gonna be rough being 18-1 SB champs but I guess I'll manage to get through it.***

Dec 28, 2015, 1:32 AM

Anyone that has ever met Cam Newton today will tell you the exact same thing that I will.

Cam Newton is one of the most outstanding GENTLEMEN that I have ever had the privilege of meeting. He is gracious and personable and the amount of charity work he does under the radar without regard to PR is amazing.

For the past 4 years I have had the honor of working with his organization on a charity event. Newton goes so far and beyond what is required that you forget where the superstar QB is and where the big kid starts. He is amazing with time and generous to a fault. He is truly unique personality and his ability to relate to kids and less fortunate people is amazing.

He made a mistake almost 10 years ago as a 18 year old kid. He paid a huge price at Florida and it almost cost him everything. But he learned from his error and became a better person. He who is without sin cast the first stone.

And as far as the Panther Organization and Mr. Richardson, What they have done for Spartanburg and the Wofford Terrier athletic program is beyond generous. Perhaps the finest man in sports today, Mr. Jerry Richardson

Some of the information on here is so far from reality it is comical.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic