Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So basically, TCI was wrong (again) on three of their
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

So basically, TCI was wrong (again) on three of their

Feb 4, 2016, 9:06 AM

recruiting projections:

Gary (feeding us that crap about how someone "inside the program" said he was a strong Clemson lean)
Mullen (that he was a LSU lean, which I knew for a fact was wrong and posted as much)
Simpson (told us that we had catching up to do with Florida.....wth? If anything, it was the other way around)

And then we had them releasing information on a silent commit.

It's at the point where they are throwing out serious misinformation that damages our recruiting. BTW, I do respect Hale (who is much more level-headed and informed), and IMO think he's somewhat amazed at the crap his two colleagues pump out.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why our staff continues to allow them privileged access to the program?

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: So basically, TCI was wrong (again) on three of their

Feb 4, 2016, 9:08 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18913847#18913847

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:31 AM

That was my post and it did not come from TCI. It came from a conversation that I had with a friend who actually talks to the kids and covers recruiting for a living.

Also, a quote from Mullen on Rivals yesterday verified that what I posted was true. He said that after the Clemson visit he was all in, but later he began to have second thoughts.

It wasn't just TCI that was reporting that information in the week leading up to signing day. Every major service expected him to sing with LSU. This was evidenced by ESPN's slip on several occasions that LSU had picked Mullen up, and Rival's title of their commitment story which said "Mullen chooses LSU".

If you had better information, which I am not disputing, you must know the recruit personally.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have they ever been right?

Feb 4, 2016, 9:10 AM

GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, they correctly predicted that we would get Willy Korn***

Feb 4, 2016, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, they correctly predicted that we would get Willy Korn***

Feb 4, 2016, 9:55 AM

Oh! That worked out great for us. Yet Willy was very open about coming to Clemson. So a blind dog could have pick that one. Just saying.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

woooossssshhhhhhh

Feb 4, 2016, 10:20 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The internet is full of many sites making projections, some

Feb 4, 2016, 9:13 AM

have good sources at times and others don't. It's a crapshoot for sure.

But, how does this hurt our recruiting?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The internet is full of many sites making projections, some

Feb 4, 2016, 9:14 AM

Well, when you leak out information on a silent commit, that's damaging. Do I need to elaborate?

Screw Calford.

Re: The internet is full of many sites making projections, some

Feb 4, 2016, 9:34 AM

On the other hand, when TigerIllustrated makes a "projection" you can take it to the bank. Now then, they only make a projection when they are darn sure the kid is going to commit to Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tci never wrong. . Your just jellous***

Feb 4, 2016, 9:18 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Respect for Hale? He's a clown like the rest of those guys***

Feb 4, 2016, 9:18 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2016, 9:19 AM

I don't know if TCI was lying about inside sources but what they stated about Gary would have been correct.

They totally missed on Mullen. He was trending Clemson since his visit.

John Simpson, they had zero clue. John told the staff he was a Tiger on Saturday.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 4, 2016, 9:22 AM

That's odd because what I heard yesterday was that Gary's decision was "still up in the air as of 11 a.m."....not that any of that matters at this point. Anyway, thanks for what you do it seems your information is certainly better than theirs.

Screw Calford.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:29 AM

The staff was VERY confident Gary was going to choose them.

Also, jayfredrick tmailed me and said Tuesday evening it was done deal that Gary would be a Tiger. He didn't even bother to watch the announcement.

Gary pulled a Spiller on us.

Regardless, we'll be just fine.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 4, 2016, 9:36 AM

Interesting....wonder what Harbaugh pulled out of his asz to make him go 180 degrees.

Screw Calford.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:41 AM

I just think there was so much pressure for Gary to choose Michigan.
But why he chose Michigan will be pure speculation.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:29 AM

I look at it his way if I do not like, believe or care what they say then why would you go to their site for any information. I read all the sites and just take them all with a grain of salt.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:37 AM

Agreed, but leaking out silent commits is an unpardonable sin in the college recruiting world.

Screw Calford.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:37 AM

huh? I see it on a TON of sites. not just TCI

Feb 4, 2016, 9:42 AM

You do? I don't.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:44 AM

TCI is the only site on the internet that posts about silent commits?

Feb 4, 2016, 9:47 AM

Tigerillustrated, David Hood and clemson.247 all projected him to Clemson but no one came out and said he had committed.

Hope that helps you figure it out.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:52 AM

And TCI was also late to the party.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So basically, TCI was wrong (again) on three of their ]

You see a ton of silent commits being posted by other sites? 41% pulse tell me all I need to know.

Bye.

Screw Calford.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:49 AM

internet points matter to me. i sit here and weep that my tigernet rating is not higher. pls

Feb 4, 2016, 9:50 AM

There is a high correlation between stoopid posts and a low pulse.

You have validated that hypothesis.

Screw Calford.

Feb 4, 2016, 9:55 AM

i do not see any tests ran to prove your hypothesis correct. you do not have enough data to formulate a good answer

fencebuster

Feb 4, 2016, 9:40 AM

is not going to like this

and it seems they opened the Hopper can of worms***

Feb 4, 2016, 10:01 AM

Re: and it seems they opened the Hopper can of worms***

Feb 4, 2016, 10:19 AM

Yes they did. Again, this is stuff that needs to be handled "in house", not on a chat board.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic