Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So basically
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

So basically

Mar 28, 2017, 7:38 PM

Our AD is on the record that there is absolutely no win/loss standard for evaluating our basketball team. That success will be measured purely in the abstract and that making even the NIT less than half the time is a perfectly acceptable result. Yet, Clemalum07 and his posse, who want everyone to support this position, think they're the real fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So basically

Mar 28, 2017, 7:41 PM

Who said "the posse" supported the position?

You realize that we can, at the same time, be discontent with the situation and also not act like complete douchebags towards our coach and AD?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 7:45 PM

Well, since our AD has demonstrated through his handling of the baseball situation that he does, in fact, respond to mob mentality, then quite acquiescence appears to be interpreted as support. I dont know about you, but some of the most vocal about quitely moving on right now were the most actively hostile about Leggett. The double standard is ridiculous, especially considering the financial significance and overall status of the two sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 7:50 PM

I can't speak for all. No double standard exists here. There wasn't with Bowden, there wasn't with Leggett and there isn't with Brownell.

I know we can do better, and I've maintained that stance in each of the previous similar situations. In each situation, I've also actively called out those who attack with bad intentions coaches, AD's and Presidents when things aren't good.

Sometimes, change is needed. We probably need change in basketball. True story. But Clemson has never been a knee-jerk school when it comes to making coaching changes. Either people get that, or they don't.

But I see no reason to incessantly post negative comments as if it will change anything. And I'll continue to call a troll a troll when I see one.

Mar 28, 2017, 7:50 PM

Pretty lame, huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Mar 28, 2017, 7:55 PM

The way he went around trying to explain the difference in goals and standards was comical. I don't see us getting rid of him for atleast 2 years now.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do you get "at least two years?"

Mar 28, 2017, 9:49 PM

DRad didn't say or imply that Brad has at least two more years. He didn't give him a raise right an extension, and he reduced the buyout. That is NOT a vote of confidence.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Clemson Football = "best is the standard"

Mar 28, 2017, 8:58 PM

Clemson basketball = "just making a good effort to be decent human beings is the standard". I'd buy that shirt.

Clemson Basketball = "17 Wins is the Standard"***

Mar 29, 2017, 9:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because he didn't publicly state specific expectations

Mar 28, 2017, 9:47 PM

doesn't mean they don't exist.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Great point...what's the point of stating it publicly

Mar 28, 2017, 9:52 PM

it could come back to bite you either way...if the standard is met but you still feel like a change is needed then it bites you...if the team gets off to a slow start then it hangs over them all year and it bites you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2017, 7:22 AM

Hey look at Viztiz the guy who openly pulls for Baseball to lose due to Leggett being let go.

Not to mention the fact you are WRONG I said over two years ago this year was NCAA T or bust. I have stood by that statement constantly. See unlike you I am not FOS.

Looking forward to winning our bet in a few years. Some fan you are betting against Clemson sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 29, 2017, 7:28 AM

good old viz.

Mar 29, 2017, 8:39 AM

The good ole Derp/ClemAlum road show where rarely is a single word grounded in truth.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:03 AM

So says the guy who accused me of being happy with our Basketball results.

Does it hurt to be as full of #### as you are?

Mar 29, 2017, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: So basically ]

For someone who thinks the failure to make the NCAAT is a bust you sure spend a lot of time playing message board police to anyone unhappy with the state of our basketball program. You and your ilk are responsible for where we are.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:06 AM

love my ilk.

Mar 29, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: So basically ]

Wrong... yet again.

So sad...

Once again though my charity of choice is Connie Maxwell Children's Home...

You can donate through a link at the bottom... They will look forward to getting your money in about 2 years.

http://www.conniemaxwell.com/

They will email you a receipt you can simply screen shot and post that here as proof....

I am sure someone of your integrity wont back out /s

Who am I kidding you are a coward I know you arent going to hold up your end.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic