Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season

Aug 22, 2018, 3:41 PM

as the HC at Texas A&M! No relationships built with these athletes over the years or their coaches in TX he just marches right in there and in his very first season lands a top three class!!

Either the NCAA is going to come in with a full investigation or the NCAA has just given up.

I dare say no coach walks in to a brand new job and lands the schools best recruiting class ever his first season! Now it appears smoke is beginning to form around the program already and where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Jimbo has never struck me as brilliant but what he's done sounds so much like programs who went down the same road.

Right Kirby? Because UGa best be doing some heavy self-reporting as well imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season

Aug 22, 2018, 3:44 PM

Sounds like you are Jealous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 5:15 PM

Tell um' Coot...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 5:23 PM

Nah, I think he's a puppy dog. Sure seems that way...

Sounds like you’re butthurt about our tigers beating him on the field anyway

Aug 22, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhh...he's just trying to earn his RESPECT.

Aug 22, 2018, 7:59 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Just-want-some-respect-around-these-parts-23885366

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Sounds like you’re butthurt about our tigers beating him on the field anyway

Aug 22, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Sounds like you’re butthurt about our tigers beating him on the field anyway ]

Jealous is no way go thru life.

I’m not a coot for the 1,000,000 time.

Not sure what makes you think that.

Sure. Whatever you say Tigermaul.

Aug 22, 2018, 10:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like you’re butthurt about our tigers beating him on the field anyway

Aug 22, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds like you’re butthurt about our tigers beating him on the field anyway ]

Not just a coot, but a serial coot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like our D- is hungry for some

Aug 22, 2018, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the SEC. It just pays more, ugh, I mean means more.

Aug 22, 2018, 3:44 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 3:58 PM

Ever see the movie Blue Chips?

Nick Nolte (character) = Jimbo Fischer

Aug 22, 2018, 3:58 PM

I'm sure he never recruited Texas at FSU or LSU for that matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Jawja do the same thing ?***

Aug 22, 2018, 4:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That should be the norm. A&M has money, biggest SEC stadium

Aug 22, 2018, 4:33 PM

in state of Texas and Texas isnt even good anymore, and in the SEC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: That should be the norm. A&M has money, biggest SEC stadium

Aug 22, 2018, 4:34 PM

Biggest SEC stadium in Texas..... LOL obviously. Texas is on the rise and I would be a little hesitant on doubting them.

Aug 22, 2018, 4:33 PM

First season at the school doesn't mean a bad recruiting class when he has a national championship, multiple conference championships and been successful throughout his career. First season as a head coach and a top class would be a lot more questionable.

Your post is somewhat childish

Aug 22, 2018, 4:43 PM

I think it just goes to show that (A) Jimbo is one of the top recruiters and (B) it reflects the massive money TAM has. They can fly anywhere, do anything and spend whatever (hopefully within NCAA boundaries) to go get their guys. I admire it... I'm not looking for some nefarious explanation.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Aug 22, 2018, 5:05 PM

They have 1 5 star, and 13 4 stars...That's a very good class, but it doesn't jump off the map as crazy for a team that has at least consistently been in the top 20 of the recruiting rankings lately. In 2015 they were 13th with 3 5's, and 10 4's. In 2014 they were 5th with 3 5's, and 11 4's. They were 9th in 2013, and in the last few years they were 18th in 2016, and 13th in 2017. They'll probably drop a bit before the final rankings this year as they already have 25 commits. I don't think it's insane to go from recruiting that way with a coach who's been on the hotseat to a coach who recently won a NC.

Aug 22, 2018, 5:11 PM

So, my question is, if they do all of this wonderful recruiting, how come they have such so-so teams? They always fall apart in November. Maybe they need a 13th man.

Lucky #13....***

Aug 22, 2018, 7:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season ]

Well largely that’s because we’ve had three extremely average coaches since we fired Slocum in 2002, who happened to be the winningest coach ever in A&M history.

All 3 of those coaches recruited well, but were average or sub par game day coaches.

Aug 22, 2018, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season ]

Exactly, nice class . .but only one 5. he recruits well anyway.

BS. That's cooty talk***

Aug 22, 2018, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 8:04 PM

TAMU’s best recruiting class ever was #1, so not sure what you mean by best ever.

TAMU has

A) the largest stadium in the SEC and a blank check for support facilities
B) by far and away the wealthiest alum base in the SEC
C) a top 20 history which many believe is underachieving
D) the largest student body in the nation and 500k living alumni
E) within 90 miles of Austin and Houston and 2 hours from Dallas
F). One of the fastest growin MSAs in the country. When Clemson last came in 2004, it was 80K... today it is 270k

There’s a reason Texas has been getting their teeth pounded in head to head and we’ve held our own in head to heads against OU, LSU and Bama

Aug 22, 2018, 8:28 PM

ReggaeMan's team cheated and still can't win. What does that tell you about that staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 10:18 PM

Get out of here with that TRASH.

I graduated from Clemson.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:48 PM

Aug 22, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: So Jimbo has a top three class in his FIRST season ]

This. I don't understand why everyone's freaking out about Jimbo Fisher setting himself up for a great recruiting class. If there's one thing he does great, it's recruiting.

Jimbo Couldn't Keep His Wife From Gettin Tapped

Aug 22, 2018, 11:41 PM

by a former Gator player, he's a fraud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 11:55 PM

Jimbo might've kept it a little cleaner for a little longer , huh ? Couldn't even make it look like a happy coincidence . Just throw some money at it.
It looks alright from where I live though , because I know Dabo is about to do them dirty .
Jimbo can run away from FSU , he can run a d@m dirty program ... but he can't run away from that @** whooping these Clemson boys are about to bring down to Texas . Woulda been the same in Tallahassee , Jimbo .

DB23

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic