Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Georgia got their face stepped on with a hobnail boot?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

So Georgia got their face stepped on with a hobnail boot?

Jan 13, 2018, 10:17 AM

Larry Munson on the Tennessee game a few years back, "we ripped their hearts out and stepped on their face with a hobnail boot". That had to be what Georgia fans felt like happened to them last Monday. Hard to believe that they never trailed once in the game, not even in the overtime, until the exact second that ball was caught by the Bama receiver. That was Bama's first lead in the game.

What is a hobnail boot? Does anybody know?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Georgia got their face stepped on with a hobnail boot?

Jan 13, 2018, 10:23 AM
hobnail.jpg(93.7 K)

Hobnail - Uses.
Hobnailed boots (in Scotland "tackety boots") are boots with hobnails (nails inserted into the soles of the boots), usually installed in a regular pattern, over the sole.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Georgia got their face stepped on with a hobnail boot?

Jan 13, 2018, 12:37 PM

Gotta feeling that they're going to be very hard to beat in the near future. Georgia lost in overtime to Bama in year two of the Kirby regime. They will probably be back in that national championship game in the very near future, given how well he's recruiting. It seems that Kirby knows what he's doing so far. They physically matched up well with Bama. I think two or three plays, plus Tua, decided that game.

Probably true, but no matter the future, when you are that

Jan 13, 2018, 1:14 PM

close to winning the natty, you've got to grab it. That's the way I felt after we led 24-21 and had the ball in the 4th quarter of the 2015 season national championship game. Thank goodness we didn;t lose it on the last play. That would have been even worse to deal with. Still, being runner-up was tough for a whole year. It took only about a month that I was able to make peace with being runner-up and appreciate that we were conference champions, Orange Bowl Champs and national runner-up. But the pangs hit me now and then throughout the year. I would say we'll be back and win it next year, but honestly I really couldn't imagine that we would. Thank goodness we did.

I guess at the end of the day, I guess Georgia fans are experiencing the same feelings we had two years ago and certainly that Bama had last year when they lost to us on the last play. I imagine by mid-February, Georgia fans can resume enjoying the tremendous season they had with conference championship, Rose Bowl win and national runner-up. Yes, they do have likely more potential than any team in the country of winning it all in the next five years, but you have to go do it. And you have to try and get it when you are that close.

Yes, it was an opportunity missed for Georgia...

Jan 14, 2018, 8:45 AM

I was surprised at how well they physically matched up with Bama. Matter of fact, if Bama doesn't make that QB change, I think Georgia blows them out because Bama is too one-dimensional with Hurts. I think Hurts regressed as a passer in 2017.

I know it's been talked about on this board alot over the last few weeks. But Clemson was competitive with Bama other than the two turnovers. Those two plays turned a tight 10-6 game (with Clemson driving) in the 3rd quarter into a blowout. Bama won 24-6. But the matchup was closer overall than that.

yes, the end of that game felt like a kick to the crotch...

Jan 13, 2018, 12:50 PM

that being said, it’s refreshing that this year we got back to the point where losing a game actually hurt again. Vol fans were not hurt when they lost to Vandy. If losing a game doesn’t hurt, then you’re not playing for anything substantial.

I’m pretty sure that Clemson fans will get this, many others won’t. Best wishes, CGD

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know that you know that Google knows.***

Jan 13, 2018, 12:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic