Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Snarky LJ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Snarky LJ

Dec 29, 2016, 6:40 AM

I won't be back, that's for sure. And neither will a lot of people. Long ticket lines, and we're talking about a tiny crowd that the football people would laugh at. Turned away due to a snack (yes, I should have just tucked it in my pocket instead of in my seat cushion, but what did I know). Then stood right there as a Clemson professor, a nice woman and her husband, were turned away due to her purse being too large. Were we on heightened terror alert or something? Was there a building hit? I felt worse for that couple than myself getting turned away. Once I got in, couldn't stand THREE SECONDS in the wide open handicapped veranda just to get a view of the coliseum for my grandson.

This is not the Clemson I grew up in. Turning away your own is just not cool.

Sad.

As for the 60Mil renovation, hey, I'm happy for the players and personnel for having better locker rooms and offices and such, but if we just created a snarky place with cushion seats, better advertising boards and maple walls and legends pics, this could have been done without gutting the insides. I'm not impressed.

Go ahead, flame away. I suggest you visit the wine and cheese station and partake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Snarky LJ

Dec 29, 2016, 6:51 AM

Wait ....there's wines and cheeses ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Rather have a beer concession

Jan 3, 2017, 1:30 PM

Why not ? All the other kids are doing it !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they are still working out some kinks and..

Dec 29, 2016, 7:07 AM

everyone will be on the same page sooner than later? Should be a fun season. I wish lived closer to go to these games.

Beotchers gotta beotch!***

Dec 29, 2016, 7:20 AM

Beotchers gotta beotch about beotching***

Dec 29, 2016, 11:06 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a million ways to get tickets

Dec 29, 2016, 7:33 AM

instead of standing in a ticket line before a game.

Not sure how Clemson is supposed to spread out people who show up 30 minutes before tip off and need a ticket.

As far as bringing food in...simple rule. Just follow it. Not Clemson's fault you did not follow the rule. Bag policy has been over-publicized for anybody who would just take 2 seconds to read it....including Clemson professors.

And yes, we are under a Terror Alert in sporting venues...and I am glad Clemson is trying to put sensible things in to protect us.

As for standing in handicap area...I understand your frustration there. But, people do it all game long and those workers are instructed to tell people they can't stand there.

So, in summary:

If you would have bought your tickets online (or knowing you had not ticket you could have arrived an hour before tip off and not waited in line), if you would have not tried to sneak food in (standard for any sporting event), and if you would have not stood in a handicap area.....your experience would have been fine.

Not sure how all of those issues are Littlejohn's fault. But maybe that is just me.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOM!......sizzle!***

Dec 29, 2016, 7:56 AM

This!

Dec 29, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

Yep! 100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are a million ways to get tickets

Dec 29, 2016, 8:40 AM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yeah, like, a terrorist would never think to disguise

Dec 29, 2016, 9:01 AM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

himself as a professor.....

Maybe it was a white female prof?

Dec 29, 2016, 9:48 AM

We need more details.

Dec 29, 2016, 9:17 AM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

scott please dont bring reason and facts to this board to these goobers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

Now now, there is no need to bring sensibility to this board ;)

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scott "The Reamer" Rhymer

Dec 29, 2016, 10:11 AM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

Ouch.

Since you are a public figure

Dec 29, 2016, 7:38 PM [ in reply to There are a million ways to get tickets ]

whom I respect and enjoy listening to, and who can also effect change, I will respond to you. Who knows? Maybe it has a trickle effect.

This is a classic case of not knowing much of the real facts or really reading something carefully and having discernment about the issues.

1) Did you read my post? I GREW UP here. Guess who knows a million ways to get tickets...um, me. Who remembers the purity and innocence and friendliness of Clemson? Um, take a guess here too. I got free tickets, how bout that? So you see, the million ways is me, 'cause I figured out how to get in, FREE. No, I didn't really, but a man gave them to me, merry X'mas, and I'm grateful. If you really read my post carefully, you'd see that I felt bad for the others in line. I know how to get tickets. I've never in fifty years even at the big games seen a line this long (which I never get in anyway b/c I'm so good at getting them otherwise) The set-up was not adequate and yes that's LJ's fault. (have you been coming for 50 years?). Think of situation and setting: holidays, kids in free, etc. OF COURSE there are going to be a lot of walk-ups. Now, we can make excuses like "Everyone was supposed to know all the rules" and end up being, well, snarky rules people at Clemson. Is that what we want to be? Aren't we in the people business? Let me ask you this? Do they check the bags like this at the football games, which is a much more target-rich environment for terrorists? Answer is ... NO, they don't. They can't. They don't have time for it. I have the very same seat cushion-with-a-pouch everywhere I go = no checks like this at DV. I could go on and on here.

2) Clemson professor, foreign accent, probably Asian, maybe an adjunct, with her husband. Very nice people. And what do we have here? a purse that's too big. Really? You think that rule is fair? Do you follow all the road rules perfectly? Who made such a rule anyway? Do you really like this rule or think it's correct? Does it serve the people of Clemson. Clemson just turned away one of its own because of a slightly large purse? How 'bout this solution: "Ma'am if you'll allow us to search your purse, we'll gladly let you in. We know you came to have a good time." You think this happened? No, it did not. I stood right there. Do we really think every nice Clemson coulple who probably doesn't make it to many games has studied all the rules or listens to the radio all the time? Really?

3) Do you really think this is the kind of Clemson we want to be? How bout this? We stop allowing our fans to flood the field or be near the rock and hit shoulder pads at the Hill? You think that would be a good "Rule"? Or should we take some risks in life and put people first in our innocent little town? This is the town I grew up in.

4) I enjoy your commentary more than most people, you are one of the best. I would hope you could be a reasonable voice for the preservation of a friendly Clemson, and not an advocate for us to progress into a snarky little town - the town that I did NOT grow up in.

Re: Since you are a public figure

Jan 2, 2017, 11:38 PM

Jan 3, 2017, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Since you are a public figure ]

Could be right about the line.

But as for the purse....you can't make exceptions. Do it for one person and 1000 ladies want to bring in their suitcases too. Going to an event? Check the rules.....it is simply what you do these days.

She could have just taken it back to the car...or her office.

My advice: stop expecting Clemson (and the world in general) to be like it was 50 years ago.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Since you are a public figure ]

Things change. Some changes are better, and some are worse. Deal with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 3, 2017, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Since you are a public figure ]

I'd say the bag rule is set to keep the line you mentioned flowing as quickly as possible. The more use to the new implications everyone gets the faster the lines will dissipate. Also, people are going to learn the best way to go about tickets and the chance of timing (last moment).

The chips aren't a big deal, just a bag of chips.

First game, my man?!?!?

Dec 29, 2016, 7:36 AM

?? I remember mine!!!

Message was edited by: MoneyMike23®

Sounds like a little preparation (reading rules) and some

Dec 29, 2016, 8:48 AM

common sense could've fixed all of your issues. And yes these are YOUR issues, not LJ's issues and not Clemson's issues.

Dec 29, 2016, 9:13 AM

SMDH.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 29, 2016, 9:41 AM

A professor at Clemson and doesn't know the rules on bags? Did she not attend football games? Maybe she thought the rules didn't apply to her since she is an employee at Clemson. Guess you haven't heard the warnings from HS to be vigilant over the holidays due to threats of attacks against large gatherings of people. Snarky to you. Appropriate precautions to me! You should reconsider your decision.

Sounds to me like the issues you experienced....

Dec 29, 2016, 9:48 AM

were largely, if not entirely, of your own making and rather than taking responsibility for them, you want to blame Clemson.

Welcome to the United States of the offended (rolling eyes).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

People still stand in line for tickets?

Dec 29, 2016, 10:40 AM

LOL

Dec 29, 2016, 10:46 AM

You could've bought tickets to that game literally months ago. Your fault. Nobody else's.

Rules, and stuff. It sounds like you need your safe space.***

Dec 29, 2016, 11:08 AM

Dec 29, 2016, 2:53 PM

My thought is if you feel that strongly don't come back and don't bother to come whine on a message board either.

If you are going to a sporting event,

Dec 29, 2016, 3:45 PM

ANY sporting event, assume there is a clear bag policy, because it has become the rule and not the exception.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2016, 6:27 PM

Well firstly, I've never been to a football or basketball sporting event where you're allowed to bring in food (more common in baseball) so why in the world are you complaining you broke a rule and got caught... also I'm sure you'd feel differently about the bags if you get blown to nothing by a Muslim terrorist...

This isn't 'Nam...

Jan 2, 2017, 11:47 PM
IMG_9668.JPG(40.1 K)

Jan 3, 2017, 12:16 AM

Maybe if you read rules about what was allowed beforehand you would not have had this prob

Wine and cheese are fantastic ideas.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:20 AM

I would absolutely go for that, and I'm sure a lot of other Clemson fans would as well.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic