Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sirius XM Channel 84
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Sirius XM Channel 84

Sep 8, 2016, 7:30 AM

The show with McElroy, is praising Dabo for "getting on" the fan base about complaining and bitching about the game.

Caller was a Clemson fan and said he was a senior in 98 when Clemson was 3-8. Said that Clemson fans who are complaining should just find another fan base to pull for.

Smart guy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sirius XM Channel 84

Sep 8, 2016, 9:36 AM

McElroy also followed that up by saying Clemson wouldn't be in his top four after escaping a bad Auburn team. So which is it? Happy with beating Auburn or being frustrated with not running away against a less talented team?

Sep 8, 2016, 9:39 AM

Happy with beating Auburn! To say they are less talented is Bull. They have recruited well recently.

Sep 8, 2016, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Sirius XM Channel 84 ]

Which is meaningless. You don't determine the playoffs after week 1. If you did, we wouldn't have been in it last year

Did we lose our first game last year too, darn it

Sep 8, 2016, 12:27 PM

we gotta straighten out Week 1's!!!!

Let me get this right,

Sep 8, 2016, 9:54 AM

Auburn played well, Clemson played well enough to win. That is all there is to say about that issue.
However!!!
Auburn is equal talent, let's figure that out shall we.
QB - Nobody in country is equal much less a 3 headed cluster!
RB - Edge Clemson - Gallman was best on that field although War Pigeon has serious talent at RB.
WR - why waste time!!!!
OL - Clemson better all the way across, not many wholes opened up but not a single sack with that DL, Wow.
DL - Pretty even although I would take Wilkins, Watson and Lawrence all day every day!
LB - Edge Clemson, not extreme difference here.
CB - Edge Clemson but their secondary was amped and came to play, Watson just too much and he was a bit off from what we've seen him do before.
TE - not sure honestly. They blocked all night apparently but Legget was out of sorts all night.
Safety - Edge Clemson - Johnson played well although he was out of position at times per coaches which I hope he keeps getting better as he has huge potential and has great size, almost Kearse-ish.
Special teams - Huge edge Auburn but that might be the same with Troy! Huge red flag on the team, has bit us before(Alabama ??) and could do it again.

I would say we are much better top to bottom but I know Auburn has a lot of talent. The most glaring difference QB, if you play more than 1 QB you have NO QB which they played 3!!

I just want to say, I never complained about the game

Sep 8, 2016, 10:44 AM

We got the W and I was happy to do so. I was there, it was stressful and I was happy to get out of there.

But not kicking the ball was a HUGE mistake.

I think Dabo was planning to run twice and that would have been good until Wayne went out of bounds. Then I think he saw red and was too busy yelling at him to change the play. That was his mistake.

I would much rather my kicker miss a short kick and lose the game, than not kick it and lose the game. If Dabo thinks those odds are backwards then he needs someone to run the numbers before out next game. I would have been angry with the play call even if Wayne did get that first down.

Anyway, rant over, on to the next game!

Re: I just want to say, I never complained about the game

Sep 8, 2016, 11:45 AM

And I just want to say...

That is by far the coolest user icon I have ever seen

Sep 8, 2016, 12:20 PM

The people who say "If you're so upset with _____, why don't you go cheer for Team X?!" are the biggest d-bags around.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic