Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sirius ? About VT. If Fuente thought needed a different direction at DC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Sirius ? About VT. If Fuente thought needed a different direction at DC

Oct 25, 2018, 9:48 PM

Could he fire him. I’m not convinced he’d survive it. I know it’s not just defenses fault and I’m spoiled to be a Clemson fan but it’s the freaking option. Foster is a demigod at va tech

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our success has more to do with Jimmy's & Joe's not x's & o'***

Oct 25, 2018, 9:55 PM

Or a combination of the two. Our d-line speed can end that option threat really fast. (no pun intended)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s an interesting predicament to be in a place where your coordinator is more revered than you.

Oct 25, 2018, 10:01 PM

If you wanted to bring in a dc who was a better recruiter to get the jimmys and joes then, could he do it? I just bet it is frustrating to not have that control in your own program.

I wouldn't discount Venables' impact

Oct 25, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Our success has more to do with Jimmy's & Joe's not x's & o'*** ]

There are lots of teams that recruit like us and keep tons of talent. there are very few who reload and have the consistency and discipline that we do..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at FSU this year and last

Oct 26, 2018, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Our success has more to do with Jimmy's & Joe's not x's & o'*** ]

And tell me we rely more on talent than scheme. The talent helps tremendously but let’s give BV the credit he deserves for being one of the best X’s and O’s DC’s in the country

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sirius ? About VT. If Fuente thought needed a different direction at DC

Oct 25, 2018, 10:01 PM

What does Satellite Radio have to do with this?

it would be even more painful to listen to it on satellite radio?***

Oct 25, 2018, 10:04 PM

I kno, it's Ludacris.***

Oct 25, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Sirius ? About VT. If Fuente thought needed a different direction at DC ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How long can Foster continue to draw upon his reputation

Oct 25, 2018, 10:49 PM

built in the 90s? Because he really hasn't had great defenses in quite some time. I realize he is VT football royalty, but at what point can it be asked, "what have you done for me lately?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How long can Foster continue to draw upon his reputation

Oct 25, 2018, 11:33 PM

It became obvious when CLEMSON started dominating VT a few years ago, and beating them twice in a single season even with a tall qb. I think Mike Bellamy stuck the final dagger in the VT program with this single play. The look on Beamer's face told everyone that the end was near.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTijddepiXM

This is exactly my point and my question. I have two buddies that are vtech fans

Oct 26, 2018, 6:59 AM [ in reply to How long can Foster continue to draw upon his reputation ]

And asked them same question last night. None of them suggested they thought fuente could fire him. They thought If he fired him and wasn’t immediately successful he’d be gone and foster would stay. It’s just interesting. They worship him and I get why I suppose but as you suggest he’s a relic. Fuente if he truly wants to run his program should have full authority to fire him if needed. Dabo has had to make some tough decisions along the way and we’ve ended up better for it. Thankfully none of those were so valued that he couldn’t get away with it

Message was edited by: lovingit®

tonight along with old dominion certainly opens the door

Oct 26, 2018, 12:00 AM

maybe a nice retirement

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sirius ? About VT. If Fuente thought needed a different direction at DC

Oct 26, 2018, 9:05 AM

VTech doesn't have the talent on defense that we have, but they do have talent equal to, or better, than the other teams that have beaten GT this year. Whether the way VT's defense played last night was caused by an inadequate plan, lack of discipline, or lack of motivation, it falls squarely into the laps of the coaches. Someone at VT gets to decide which coach or coaches to hold accountable.

The GT offense gets a little bit of credit for a well played game, but there is a lot of video available showing how to defend GT's option.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic