Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State wide reciever transferring to UGA.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 5,193

NC State wide reciever transferring to UGA.

Jun 5, 2014, 8:11 PM

Charlie Hegedus, a junior.

I remember him visiting Clemson during the recruiting process(spring game maybe). He didn't have too many offers before NC State.

He was listed on the State 2 deep going into spring. Suprised UGA took him as a transfer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: NC State wide reciever transferring to UGA.

Jun 5, 2014, 8:12 PM

Must aspire to be arrested and suspended. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since we get the top talent in Georgia ...

Jun 5, 2014, 8:35 PM

... I guess they have to look elsewhere.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since we get the top talent in Georgia ...

Jun 5, 2014, 9:22 PM

I wish we did get Georgias top talent. Auburn, LSU, Bama, and UGA definitely all get their fair share of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since we get the top talent in Georgia ...

Jun 5, 2014, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Since we get the top talent in Georgia ... ]

Not this year...

Ever heard of Mitch Hyatt***

Jun 5, 2014, 10:46 PM

How about their states best TE with Walker bloodlines?

Jun 5, 2014, 10:55 PM

That one stung bad too! UGA isn't attracting anything but flies lately. There's a reason they had to go to OT to beat GT and was dissed by the Cornhuskers. Not much energy in athens these days. All three mens majors are belley up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, but I assumed he was talking about the

Jun 5, 2014, 11:00 PM

2015 class.

Re: How about their states best TE with Walker bloodlines?

Jun 6, 2014, 2:21 AM [ in reply to How about their states best TE with Walker bloodlines? ]

Richards played in a private school region....not exactly versus the big boys. Uga signed the nation's # 1 TE in Jeb Blazevich who will see the field this season while Richard shirts. Richards fled the state after Blazes commitment. More important is the fact Mason gained valuable experience in leading GA to a comeback win versus our instate rival tech from a 20 pt deficit. . Our loss to Nebraska was anyone's but Mason's fault who was a dropped pass away from leading GA to a 2nd straight come from behind win. Our BBall team won 20+ games and our baseball team in a rebuilding year beat Clemson in your own house.

Supermutt you are here enough to should know better than

Jun 6, 2014, 10:07 AM

to think we are presently holding our baseball team in any manner that matters, as far who beat who in 2014.

And to act like JB is so much better than MR is ridiculous in the least and reeks of sour grapes.

As for BB we have been rebuilding our program, too, while suffering many setbacks due to injury. Our time here is in the now and future.

Nice try though, not really.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Supermutt you are here enough to know better than***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Supermutt you are here enough to should know better than

Jun 7, 2014, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Supermutt you are here enough to should know better than ]

So your saying Richards is game ready? No Sour grapes....We offered both and Blaze committed first. MR then decided to play elsewhere. It's a given Blaze earns a letter and Richards shirts. JB is 6'5 250 while MR is 6'2 230. Blaze is ranked # 1 for a reason.

Interesting... the topic was the takes from GA...

Jun 7, 2014, 6:47 AM

Blaze from NC I do believe.

We don't need MR to play as a Freshman

Jun 7, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Supermutt you are here enough to should know better than ]

While your team continues to hemorrhage players, we continue to stack talent.

No the real reason is depth

Jun 8, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Supermutt you are here enough to should know better than ]

Richard probably RS but it is because there are 3 ( maybe 4) guys ahead of him who have either started or gotten significant playing time. UGA doesn't have that problem/ luxury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about their states best TE with Walker bloodlines?

Jun 7, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: How about their states best TE with Walker bloodlines? ]

Give is your honest opinion STUPERMUTT! How does that MUTTSON HASON jock strap taste?? Cause you all over it

Not to mention Shadell Bell and Zach Giella.***

Jun 5, 2014, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Ever heard of Mitch Hyatt*** ]

According to ESPN

Jun 5, 2014, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Since we get the top talent in Georgia ... ]

UGA has 4 4* commitments from the state of Georgia while Clemson has a 5* and 2 4*. Go back under the porch.

Re: According to ESPN

Jun 6, 2014, 2:24 AM

Hyatt was a gimme.....a legacy. Clemson didn't exactly beat UGA out for the kid but nice spin.

OK Mush for brains, you stated in the post that

Jun 6, 2014, 10:49 PM

replied to that Clemson wasn't getting any of the top recruits out of Georgia this year but Dawgs aren't known much for thinking.

Re: According to 247 sports Composite

Jun 7, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to According to ESPN ]

Clemson has 1 5* and 2 3* commitments from the state of Georgia

UGA has 1 5* and 3 4* from the state of Georgia.

Yeah, you're getting all the top talent in the state...

Re: According to 247 sports Composite

Jun 7, 2014, 9:36 AM

Referring to the 2014 cycle...#1 QB, #1 WR, #1 LB, #1 TE and one of the top RB's all hailing from Georgia. This 2015 cycle we've had our share so far, but we aren't done yet. It's clear we are focusing more on FL, SC, NC and VA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya can't always get what ya want ...

Jun 7, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: According to 247 sports Composite ]

...but just like the Stones, we get what we need.

And as a school taking guys from a team that hasn't beaten us in a decade, y'all must REALLY be in need.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ya can't always get what ya want ...

Jun 7, 2014, 10:07 AM

but that will change in less than 90 days. after that who knows when we'll play one another again so we're planning a huge going away party for you tigers.

Re: good for you puppy....

Jun 7, 2014, 10:16 AM

"Well isn't that just special...?"

He was talking about State, #######.***

Jun 7, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Ya can't always get what ya want ... ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are talking about Georgia and not South Carolina

Jun 7, 2014, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: According to 247 sports Composite ]

The overall point is we are going into your backyard and getting 5 and 4 stars every year.

Congratulations ....

Jun 7, 2014, 9:30 PM

There are more than enough to go around.

While you sir are correct his post I

Jun 8, 2014, 8:26 AM

initially replied to was we were not getting anymore of the top talent from Georgia. When I gave him 3 examples from this year and (we are not done), he changes the argument. Plus while recruiting Georgia is important it is not as vital to our success as it is to your own. If you have noticed we are also taking the best talent out of FL, NC and VA as well as GA and SC. There are probably 30 4 and 5 star prospects in Georgia every year and we get 4 or 5 of them that is pretty significant.

Re: While you sir are correct his post I

Jun 8, 2014, 5:43 PM

> Plus while recruiting Georgia
> is important it is not as vital to our success as it
> is to your own. If you have noticed we are also
> taking the best talent out of FL, NC and VA as well
> as GA and SC. There are probably 30 4 and 5 star
> prospects in Georgia every year and we get 4 or 5 of
> them that is pretty significant.

I have noticed just like I noticed UGA cherry picks top talent from many states around the south (FL, SC, NC, TN, and even the Midwest and Northeast). Any program that consistently recruits at a high level focuses on getting the top talent regardless of the state they call home. That's how the big time programs do it.

So missing out on the nations #1 Multi Purpose

Jun 8, 2014, 9:28 PM

QB and the nations #1 OT from your state is no big deal not to mention the top TE and LB from your state.

And thats just to Clemson***

Jun 8, 2014, 9:29 PM

Can't sign them all .....

Jun 9, 2014, 12:01 PM

There will be guys that leave to Clemson, USCjr, AU, Bama, and others every year.

It's part of the deal .....

Jun 9, 2014, 12:00 PM [ in reply to So missing out on the nations #1 Multi Purpose ]

You get some and you miss some.

Watson didn't want to play in a pro set offense. Hyatt is a legacy. The home state school isn't always the best fit for a recruit, and that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Would I have wanted them to be Dawgs? Sure, but I'm also realistic enough to know that there are otherprograms out there too that have good things to offer these kids, and they want these kids just as much as UGA does.

So, again, congrats on getting some good prospects out of GA. UGA will still recruit at a very high level even with the guys Clemson wooed going OOS.

Clemson does well in the state of GA

Jun 7, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Since we get the top talent in Georgia ... ]

So does UGA, Auburn, Alabama, and USCjr.

Facts are that the state of GA produces 120+ D1 prospects year in and year out. Top talent is going to leave every year, as UGA can't sign them all. Its a numbers game.

If your bumbling friend posts this

Jun 8, 2014, 8:29 AM

then there is no replies arguing with him, however he boasts that we are not getting any of the top talent from Georgia anymore.

Instead you are picking up leftovers from

Jun 8, 2014, 9:32 PM

a 2nd rate program like NCState.

Hmmmmm .......

Jun 9, 2014, 12:02 PM

That walkon transfer from NC State has no bearing on recruiting. Not sure why you would even bring him up in rebuttal to my position. Irrelevant.

Jun 6, 2014, 9:43 AM

He is expected to be a welcome addition to the Bulldog pass attack and as a former high school teammate of Hutson Mason, the two will expect to have a certain level of comfort built in.

got to sit for one yr ... no need to talk about it.

Clemson rolls ugga.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2014, 12:14 PM

> got to sit for one yr ... no need to talk about it.
>

Actually, he was granted a hardship by the NCAA, so he is eligible from day one.

That being said, he won't be a factor this year with all the guys UGA has in front of him. This is more of a move for next year.

Replies: 40
| visibility 5,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic