Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since our implosion against FSU, backing into the MNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Since our implosion against FSU, backing into the MNC

Nov 24, 2013, 4:18 PM

hasn't even crossed my mind. But sitting at # 4 in the coaches, harris and likely the BCS sparked a little hope. We aren't that far away from playing in that game under multiple scenarios.

1. First in all scenarios is us beating SCAR of course

2. Second is Ohio State losing to Michigan State.

With those 2 things we are up to #3 but could be passed by Mizzou or Auburn if it went in their favor. But it could go in our favor. Assuming the above 2 things which must take place, here are 3 scenarios.

1. Bama wins out beating Auburn and Mizz/SCar

FSU loses to a UF team out for revenge or to the Coastal champ having lost Winston to legal trouble.

Unlikely but possible

Clemson vs. Bama

2. the second scenario has more what ifs but its more likey than FSU losing again.

Auburn beats Bama really bad

SCar beats auburn in the SEC Championship game.

FSU vs Clemson

Its likely Bama would get the nod as the best one loss team but CU will have just beaten the SEC Champ so it might not be so cut and dry.

3. SCAR beats Bama in the SEC Championship game.
same as above but one less step and week removed from a the SEC Champ we defeated, beating our competition for best one loss team. To me this is the best case. because Bama would have the worst loss by far.

Clemson vs FSU

With all that said I'm just glad we are back in the conversation. IMO if we beat SCAR it will cap a successful season no matter what else happens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Since our implosion against FSU, backing into the MNC

Nov 24, 2013, 4:28 PM

No fan base, other than possibly Clemson's, would want to see a re-match between FSU and Clemson before the 2014 season when it should be highly anticipated. It wouldn't be good for the ACC, CFB or the BCS bowls, and it ain't going to happen under any scenario.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with Oregon and Baylor losing last night

Nov 24, 2013, 4:35 PM

This is a very real possibility.

Also

Nov 24, 2013, 4:36 PM

Explain tome how having 2 teams in the NC game would be bad for the ACC? that is ridiculous.

Not to mention a MNC without the SEC...

Nov 24, 2013, 5:42 PM

and only the ACC...some people just don't think before they speak.

Considering the username, I'd imagine it "wouldn't be good" for noletime because of poor Shamis being not present and talked about the entire time...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2013, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Since our implosion against FSU, backing into the MNC ]

Oh it would certainly happen under some scenarios. Unlikely, Yes. I'll agree nobody other than Clemson wants to see it except for the conference. It would be Great for the Conference. Guaranteed MNC for 2013 and limited but exclusive coverage.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

If we get there then we didn't back into it...

Nov 24, 2013, 4:38 PM

we would have played our way in

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: If we get there then we didn't back into it...

Nov 24, 2013, 4:40 PM

Well i define backing in as having to sit around and wait for people to lose. If we were undefeated then we would have played our way in. But I see what you are saying. If we get there we will have earned it for sure.

Nov 24, 2013, 4:45 PM

Definitely think our best bet is Bama beating Aubarn and then Mizzou, followed by a Winston-less FSU loss in the ACC Champ game.

This would leave the argument being between us, ok state, and Mich state, and it would be a close call but I think we win out bc we have the best loss and the country knows we have the best shot bc of what we did to an elite LSU D in the chick fil a bowl last year. Clemson and Bama would be the best game, and we'd have a chance at winning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see no way FSU loses unless Florida can somehow find life.***

Nov 24, 2013, 6:10 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic