Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 6,031

Per KornCOOT

Mar 22, 2016, 12:54 PM

#STRecruiting: LB Chandler Wooden includes USC among leaders

MARCH 22, 2016 BY PHIL KORNBLUT

In January, LB Chandler Wooten (6-2 227) nearly committed to Clemson. Now, the Tigers are nowhere to be found on his short list. But USC is. Wooten said he currently favors Auburn but also likes USC, Tennessee and Florida in his top four.

Three months ago, though, Wooten was on the fast track to becoming another highly regarded commitment for Dabo Swinney and company.

“I was close but I’m starting to push it back just a little while, but it’s coming soon,” Wooten said of his decision. “At first I was close to Clemson in January but I backed off that. “Right now Auburn is my leader but right now I’m interested in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and any other school that decides it wants to recruit me hard. I’m still pretty open right now. I just decided to back off (from Clemson) and re-evaluate my options. I felt it could be a little rushed. It felt like it wasn’t the right fit for me at the time. Once I backed off, prayed about it and sat down with my parents and talked about it, now I’m in a different direction at the moment.”

Wooten has visited USC, Florida, Tennessee and Auburn twice and he’s going back to Tennessee and Auburn the first week in April, and he’s going to try to get back to USC and Florida as well. Wooten said the Gamecocks are making a strong pitch for him.

“They love me, I’m the number one linebacker on the board as of right now,” he said. “At the moment they really want me, they really need me. They like how I can play on the line and also drop back in coverage and be able to play inside and outside and play on the line as well. They like how versatile I am and like the way I play so I think they definitely could use me at South Carolina.”

Wooten was on the phone Monday night with USC recruiter Coleman Hutzler. From the things he’s seen and been told by the Gamecock staff, he feels success isn’t far off.

“I love the direction they are headed in,” he said. “Coach Muschamp and T-Rob, Coach Hutzler and Coach Thompson are going to come in and do a great job. Coach Peterson, you know he’s been where I want to be. As far as coaching linebackers, he’s somebody I definitely could see myself playing for. I’m really attracted to South Carolina right now.”

Wooten plans to graduate early and he hopes to make a decision before his season.

“Of course everybody wants to go in and play early but at the same time it’s where you fit in the best, wherever you feel the most comfortable,” Wooten said. “Education plays a big part for me. I want the best staff, whoever I feel like can develop me the best. All those things play a big part in my decision.”

Last season Wooten 75 tackles with 2 sacks and 1 interception.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love the direction they are headed in"? Who knew 3rd

Mar 22, 2016, 12:58 PM

place in a 2 team state was a desired destination?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you're at the bottom there is nowhere to go but up***

Mar 22, 2016, 2:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I've seen em do worse***

Mar 22, 2016, 2:31 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I love the direction they are headed in"? Who knew 3rd

Mar 22, 2016, 6:28 PM [ in reply to "I love the direction they are headed in"? Who knew 3rd ]

> place in a 2 team state was a desired destination?

So he is going to auburn?

The Citadel! The Citadel! Don't forget The Citadel!***

Mar 22, 2016, 7:32 PM

Re: "I love the direction they are headed in"? Who knew 3rd

Mar 22, 2016, 6:55 PM [ in reply to "I love the direction they are headed in"? Who knew 3rd ]

It's a sketchy 3rd at best , Coastal and Wofford are right there man .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Never heard of her

Mar 22, 2016, 1:01 PM

Can anyone give us any info about this 3 Star LB that claims he's making a decision about Clemson ? LOL

he said he would favor anyone recruiting him hard.

Mar 22, 2016, 1:11 PM

Sounds like Clemson decided to go in a different direction.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"At first I was close to Clemson, but I backed off that"

Mar 22, 2016, 1:21 PM

LOL...whatever helps you sleep at night princess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: "At first I was close to Clemson, but I backed off that"

Mar 22, 2016, 1:37 PM

You also must realize Kornbutt aided him in his statements. He is what we call leftovers. Move on, nothing here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Per KornCOOT

Mar 22, 2016, 1:52 PM

I would say that our coaching staff found something that they didn't like and backed off of him. As we have seen and witnessed, Clemson FB gets just about who they want if the recruit loved Clemson after a visit. They usually don't back completely away with Usuc and Aubums at the top of their recruiting list. Kornqueer boy is always more than willing to write about recruits that act as if it was their choice of pulling away from Clemson that once had a big interest!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since none of us are in the recruiting meetings

Mar 22, 2016, 1:52 PM

all we can do is speculate. What it looks like from this side of the fence is he's a guy we would take if we don't get a chance at a couple of others. He seems to want more of a sure thing, which I can't blame him. But to make this look like So. Carolina is outrecruiting Clemson seems like a severe stretch, and if anything it's the other way around.

Re: Since none of us are in the recruiting meetings

Mar 22, 2016, 2:30 PM

I think it tells you exactly what direction their program is going if "the number 1 line backer on socar's board" is a 3 star recruit. Either Muschump is lying to this kid or they really are losing the recruiting war.

Mar 22, 2016, 2:58 PM

I agree on this. If we have backed away it is for a reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My vote is that he is being lied to and getting the same

Mar 23, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Since none of us are in the recruiting meetings ]

pitch that everyone they recruit gets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2016, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Since none of us are in the recruiting meetings ]

LOL Yeah, I'd like to know his reasoning for "backing off Clemson" and looking harder at the $EC, could be Dabo told him that he would actually have to be a STUDENT athlete and go to class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We stopped recruiting him

Mar 22, 2016, 2:44 PM

there are better players on our radar and we're not taking many linebackers. I think Justin Foster is THE guy we want, then followed by the kid from Jersey.

Re: We stopped recruiting him

Mar 22, 2016, 2:59 PM

I imagine you are right on this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch this.

Mar 22, 2016, 4:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jza93gHdaYE#t=88

Re: Watch this.

Mar 22, 2016, 4:51 PM

LOL good find. Ya know, something was missing there. Maybe the part about "backing off of Clemson"? I know Im going deaf but I didnt hear him even mention Clemson. Hmmmmmmmm......

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Ole KornCoot seems to have attributed the Tennessee

Mar 22, 2016, 4:59 PM

coaches remarks and every thing he said about Tennessee to USuC LOL

Seems like a nice and intelligent you man...hope he chooses

Mar 23, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Watch this. ]

a school where he will feel comfortable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Per KornCOOT

Mar 23, 2016, 11:51 AM

maybe we "cooled" off of him and that is why he didn't commit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 6,031
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic