Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since 2011, there are ONLY SEVEN FBS Teams with more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 5,217

Since 2011, there are ONLY SEVEN FBS Teams with more

Sep 1, 2014, 12:45 PM

wins than Clemson. Please take a moment to think about that.

We lost a football game and it sucked real bad. There is plenty to criticize and talk about, and we need to improve by leaps and bounds very quickly, however, it's just plain stupid to try and define the whole of the program based on the game.

To the numbskulls (and childish c0cks) who say that Dabo/Chad/Brent don't know what they're doing, please shut the crap up. We have 10, 11, and 11 wins in each of the last 3 years, we've been a top 10 offensive team and a top 25 defensive team, and a top 10 football program for the last two years. There are 120 FBS programs who would do anything to be 8th in wins the last 3 years and they'd absolutely love to trade places and coaching staffs tomorrow if that were possible.

8th in wins. Top 10. 11 wins. This is NOT something done by very many teams; 95% of the teams in FBS football have been left staring up Clemson the last 3 years. This is a stretch surpassing any stretch in our modern history, save the 87-89 stretch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's one thing we are good at, it's moral victories.***

Sep 1, 2014, 1:11 PM

LOL. Talk about "woosh"...

Sep 1, 2014, 1:13 PM

Apparently you missed the part about REAL victories.

No, you are good at getting stomped by the Aggies also.***

Sep 1, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to If there's one thing we are good at, it's moral victories.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there's one thing we are good at, it's moral victories.***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to If there's one thing we are good at, it's moral victories.*** ]

Yeah. Pumpers look for anything to distract from the fact we got our ### kicked.

Re: Since 2011, there are ONLY SEVEN FBS Teams with more

Sep 1, 2014, 1:14 PM

32 and 9 in the last 41 games,that sounds great but all 9 losses were total melt downs and total embarrasments,there is a problem somewhere and it needs to be fixed!

Sep 1, 2014, 1:20 PM

agree

Offense is different is today's game and not only that, our

Sep 1, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Since 2011, there are ONLY SEVEN FBS Teams with more ]

offensive system will lead to wider point disparities when it is stopped. Those two things are the reason why we've seen larger point differentials in our games and why you see these types of games all over America.

Our offense is what it is, and obviously the larger picture shows success unlike 95% of the country and unlike any we've seen in most of our history.

By the way, why do you have a 20% pulse? Do you say a lot of dumb things, or are you a ####, or both?

Re: Offense is different is today's game and not only that, our

Sep 1, 2014, 1:47 PM

I have been a Clemson fan probably longer than you have been alive!seen my first game in 1970 been a fan from the coach Hootie Ingram days until now!I have a 20% pulse because people on this board love Dabo Swinney more than they love Clemson and when you point out the truth,they get mad!Just because I don't agree with you does not make me or anyone else a coot!show me the same respect that I show you as a Clemson fan!

Re: Offense is different is today's game and not only that, our

Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 PM

Ha! Got you beat saw my first in '62 (another loss to UGA) and I'll say right now I wouldn't trade any of our coaches for any others. they've done a #### fine job and will continue to do so.

That's one of the dumber posts on the board since the game..

Sep 1, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense is different is today's game and not only that, our ]

I have a 20% pulse because people on this board love Dabo Swinney more than they love Clemson and when you point out the truth,they get mad!

All that is squashed like a bug, right here:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15735261

THAT is the truth, and THAT is loving Clemson.

Speaking or truth, calling your posts dumb is like saying fire is hot. Sorry if you perceive that as a lack of respect, but the proof is in the pudding. You need to earn respect to have it, and what's more the coach and staff you criticize has earned respect. Try practicing what you preach, ####.

I agree.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Since 2011, there are ONLY SEVEN FBS Teams with more ]

Lets fix losing!

What's your suggestion?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Half the teams that played Saturday lost***

Sep 1, 2014, 1:34 PM

Re: Half the teams that played Saturday lost***

Sep 1, 2014, 10:48 PM

that you, Tommy?

Sep 1, 2014, 2:09 PM

Who are the 7?

Sep 1, 2014, 2:24 PM

Tell that to FSU and USC.

What makes that stat more sad: since 2010 we are 1-7 against

Sep 2, 2014, 12:24 AM

FSU and Scar.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

Sep 2, 2014, 12:54 AM

> wins than Clemson. Please take a moment to think
> about that.
>
> We lost a football game and it sucked real bad. There
> is plenty to criticize and talk about, and we need to
> improve by leaps and bounds very quickly, however,
> it's just plain stupid to try and define the whole of
> the program based on the game.
>
> To the numbskulls (and childish c0cks) who say that
> Dabo/Chad/Brent don't know what they're doing, please
> shut the crap up. We have 10, 11, and 11 wins in each
> of the last 3 years, we've been a top 10 offensive
> team and a top 25 defensive team, and a top 10
> football program for the last two years. There are
> 120 FBS programs who would do anything to be 8th in
> wins the last 3 years and they'd absolutely love to
> trade places and coaching staffs tomorrow if that
> were possible.
>
> 8th in wins. Top 10. 11 wins. This is NOT something
> done by very many teams; 95% of the teams in FBS
> football have been left staring up Clemson the last 3
> years. This is a stretch surpassing any stretch in
> our modern history, save the 87-89 stretch.

Since 2011, we've play-called not to lose in big games. That will normally earn teams as talented as we've had, with as weak a schedule as we've had, the right to a weakened conference title and a bc win without ever sniffing anything more. UCF and Louisville say whaddup!

Would you like to go back to 2011 and count the big games?

Sep 2, 2014, 9:17 PM

We've won several big games along the way, and we've played and beaten teams with more talent than us. Our schedule isn't that much different than anyone's - we play teams with more talent than us, we play teams about on equal footing, and we play teams we should beat. Just like everyone.

The numbers don't lie. Period. We're 8th in the country in wins since 2011, we won plenty of big games since then, and we've accomplished at just as high of a level as we have at any point in relevant history.

Oh, and Louisville does have talent. Obviously. Try looking at the players on the field instead of putting all your ignorant eggs in the star basket. Against an easier schedule, they're 11th since 2011.

UCF - yeah, it's not like they had an NFL QB, RB and good players all over the field or anything like that. Again, try paying attention to the players on the field instead of the stars. They're 22nd since 2011, getting 12 of 27 wins since then in one season.

Weak try to avoid the facts. Pretty clear you don't have a clue.

Sep 2, 2014, 3:34 AM

The defense is missing something that it hasn't had since the days of Kirkland, Simmons, McGlockton, and others.....The ability and DESIRE to bust somebody's ###!!!! The defense needs to get physical and mean. Georgia hit everything moving, and some that weren't, Saturday. Herrera puked on the field missed a play or two and was back wreaking havoc again. That's what Clemson needs. Players that want to hit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tackling and late toughness was an issue againt UGA, but

Sep 2, 2014, 9:04 PM

..we were exactly what you're talking about during the game before that. Against a bigger football team in Ohio State, we were the ones delivering the blows.

Replies: 20
| visibility 5,217
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic