Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson might actually beat FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Clemson might actually beat FSU

Sep 9, 2014, 2:47 PM

After what I saw on Saturday from Watson and what I saw from FSU the last two weeks.

That game is going to be #### close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We probably have seen enough of either.***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We probably have seen enough of either.***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:49 PM

You dont get much time since you guys play in 2 weeks.

That is why I prefaced with "what I have seen the past two weeks"

Yes, sir, I read that.

Sep 9, 2014, 3:11 PM

I was saying it's a guess at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap

Sep 9, 2014, 2:53 PM

beat out of us. Not since Danny Ford has Clemson been the type team that is the under dog and beats up the other team for the win. Granted it has happened a few times, but its not routine like it was under Danny's tenure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap

Sep 9, 2014, 2:55 PM

I don't have any emotions towards either team, but from what I saw at the UGA game (from the sidelines), last weekend, coupled with FSU, this could be a great opportunity for Clemson to redeem themselves.

I hope youre right. That would be sweet seeing the noles cry***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

Watson gives you the best chance to win though.

I wouldn't start Stoudt anymore.

I think york just got struck by lightning ! He went poof !***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

DF sighting means

Sep 9, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

it's time to

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Say what you want. People used to be scared of Clemson.

Sep 9, 2014, 3:03 PM

Now they prefer us in big games.

Les Miles and Urban Meyer might disagree.***

Sep 9, 2014, 4:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

eh ....

I think a lot of folks have a revisionist view of the Danny years.

Danny had some monumental victories: PSU, OSU, OU, NE, FSU, UGA but so has Dabo UGA, LSU, OSU, AUBx2.....both had some ### losses???? Remember losses to Duke, Maryland, GT etc under Danny?

The differences between Danny and Dabo right now are the Chicken game, and that FSU is in the league now.

Dabo won a MNC and 5 ACC titles? Dang, I missed it.***

Sep 9, 2014, 3:02 PM

Sep 9, 2014, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

please, no details or facts allowed on this board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

I think the record will show that DF had a lot of great wins. His teams were usually ready in big games. There were only a handful of times in 11 years that we got hammered. And it's absolutely true that Clemson had a swagger, and nobody looked forward to playing us. I miss all of that.
But it's a different game now. Good offenses now can humiliate you in a hurry. There's more potential for blowouts.

Sep 9, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Since 1990 in these type games we actually do get the crap ]

I don't know if you are saying not since Danny have we been the more physical team as a dog. We have been. When we lost at Auburn the year they won the title, we were the more physical team. When we played LSU, we matched their physicality. We were a heavy dog against VT in Blacksburg and whipped them and then did the same thing in the championship game. We were more physical than Ohio State in the OB. At FLorida State with James Davis, we took the fight to them. Those are games I can think of where we were dogs and more physical (or as physical as LSU).

I loved Danny but it is time you guys give Swinney his due and quit hearkening back. You act like Danny didn't have warts. Danny got his behind kicked by #### Sheridan and Spurrier beat him at Duke in 1989 when Danny had all pro players all over the field. In 1984 we lost to every ranked team we played Georgia, GT,and S.Carolina and we lost to South Carolina.

Our O line needs an actual running game behind it. Our D line wins the line of scrimmage. At Georgia, we ran out of gas. It happens.

Sep 9, 2014, 4:11 PM

The last time we faced a team with a 17 or 18 game winning streak it was against auburn the year after they won the national championship. Clemson dominated , not saying we dominate but do think we can win.

They lost a lot after that Natty. I don't feel like FSU did***

Sep 9, 2014, 4:20 PM

Not with our O-Line.***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not with our O-Line.***

Sep 9, 2014, 10:04 PM

Looking at FSU's Defensive line. They have 1 sack over the first 2 games. I understand that the Citadel doesn't pass that much but they did attempt 14 throws and Oklahoma State threw it 27 times the mighty FSU only had 1 sack. The Citadel's receivers dropped a few passes along with the QB not being able to hit an open receiver or the score would have been even closer than 24 points. I know our O-line is not the greatest but I think they will be up for the challenge against FSU and I also think our D-line will be up to the challenge to get after crab leggs himself. I'm really looking forward to the game. I'll be sitting in the middle of the FSU season ticket area. My nephew is a season ticket holder and invited me to the game. Go Tigers. We need a little payback from last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson might actually beat FSU

I believe this team will surprise a lot of people. I am feeling good about our chances...Go Tigers!

I am feeling better mainly because of what I saw

Sep 9, 2014, 3:31 PM

The Citadel do to their defensive line at certain times. It did not look like the dominating D-line that we saw last year. Niether game have they looked indestructable. If we mix it up, catch passes, BLOCK, PUT PRESSURE on CRAB MAN, make Field Goals, don't allow KICK OFF RETURNS go for 100, and don't fumble, then we can escape Doak with a win. You say we have a chance??!!!????!!??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Can't draw much from the Citadel game, unfortunately

Sep 9, 2014, 4:18 PM

By that logic, we should be national champions after playing SC St.

At this point I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves.

Sep 9, 2014, 3:57 PM

It's odd that even though our win total is higher these days, the amount of times we are humiliated is also higher.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same. If it weren't for this OL, I'd feel pretty good***

Sep 9, 2014, 4:18 PM

i might win the power ball too***

Sep 9, 2014, 4:16 PM

We win by a few or lose by a lot... usually.***

Sep 9, 2014, 5:34 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1