Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash

Oct 31, 2019, 7:30 AM

https://twitter.com/CDonnick3/status/1189216649922142208?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash

Oct 31, 2019, 7:42 AM

A society full of vertical video idiots. You would actually be able to see everything throughout the race if you just turn your phone sideways.

That's what I do.***

Oct 31, 2019, 11:29 AM

That's what I do.***

Oct 31, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash ]

That's what I do.***

Oct 31, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash ]

That's what Spud does***

Oct 31, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That's what Spud does***

Oct 31, 2019, 12:05 PM

I turned my phone sideways and it looked like they were running down hill ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's what Spud does***

Oct 31, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to That's what Spud does*** ]

I think Spud turns it sideways, then again, then again if I read correctly. Kinda like video Russian Roulette.

This happened over the summer***

Oct 31, 2019, 7:51 AM

Think it was spring practice...

Oct 31, 2019, 8:54 AM

doesn't look like summertime, more like March or late February with the grass, trees and players with long sleeves.

Oct 31, 2019, 7:52 AM

As a Miami Dolphins fan, and let's keep that a secret will ya, I want them to draft Simmons with their first pick this year. I dont care if its #1 overall, they better not pass up Simmons for Tua. I will throw away my loyalty of they do.

Simmons in this draft and then go all out for Trevor. That would be great if they would. Unfor8, the Miami brass is equivalent to the the coots. Dumb. I have never switched my teams in any sport, but this just may happen.

Always wondered how #11 was all over those QB's & RB's!

Oct 31, 2019, 8:48 AM

Speed along with length = SACK.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always wondered how #11 was all over those QB's & RB's!

Oct 31, 2019, 10:08 AM

Absolutely. The sideline pursuit of hapless RBs and QBs is ridiculous as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash ]

That's not how the NFL works. You don't pass up a potential franchise QB for anything. The owner would fire everybody if they went and got a LB/DB hybrid instead of a QB no matter how good he is.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:37 PM

Tua isn't a franchise qb. He is a system qb who excels with preset reads. Tua has never went through his full progressions. If anyone thinks Tua is the type of qb that will be a franchise type player that a team builds around is crazy.

If you have the #1 pick and want Simmons you trade down and draft him

Oct 31, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash ]

at like 6.

But passing on Tua when your QB room is Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Rosen is the kind of thing that gets you fired a year or so down the road. The dolphins would 100% take a QB unless they've seen something from Rosen that nobody else has.

Re: If you have the #1 pick and want Simmons you trade down and draft him

Oct 31, 2019, 1:42 PM

Passing on Tua and tanking for Trevor has a much higher chance of success. Trade the #1 pick for a couple of 1st rounders and go for Trevor next year. As a Dolphins fan, I'm willing to go through another 0-16 season to get Trevor. I know a lot of my fellow Dolphins buddies are o board with that. If Tua goes to Miami, it end as an epic disaster.

Oct 31, 2019, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Simmons went toe to toe with Etienne in a 40-yard dash ]

If they pass on a QB for anyone, it will be for Chase Young

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#11 is a beast

Oct 31, 2019, 11:18 AM

One of the most dominant players we’ve had

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 31, 2019, 12:17 PM

I'm 50 and watching CU fball since I was seven. He's one of the top 10 of all time, offense or defense. Some may disagree and some have seen many more years (thus players) than I, but Simmons is The Man. His career will go far on and off the field as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 1:46 PM

I am 51.95 years old and have been watching Clemson since I was an infant, but frankly, I don't remember too many games until I was about 7, so we have roughly the same tenure. When I think dominant defensive players, I think Levon and The Judge. You may be right, though; Simmons may be up there as well.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:48 PM

Come to think of it, per your comment about success off the field, Levon and Davis had great success off the field. Simmons is in that mold.

Oct 31, 2019, 3:12 PM

ESPN guys earlier this year referenced this race and suggested that Dabo tried to prevent video from occurring and getting out.

I think he was trying to protect Etienne's draft stock. Can't have a premiere RB being beat in a race by a LB!

But the Tweeter says that Etienne is the source of the original tweet. Go figure.

But you'll notice there are no other cameras at such a landmark event (I'm serious, within the very tight team community this event would be huge), and this camera has a clear view of the finish line. That makes me think they used Travis's camera for the official photo finish so that the video would be protected, and TE was proud of his sprinter's lean that won him the race.

Anyway, hopefully the fact that Travis played with some incredible teammates will not go against him on Draft Day. Very few RBs go early in the draft nowadays. Something like this could drop him from Day #1 to Day #2.

Oct 31, 2019, 3:45 PM

I expect to see Simmons in a future Terminator movie. He's unreal!

I loved watching him blow up that flea-flicker last week. Tackle the RB, cause fumble, then bury the poor QB who recovered the fumble!

I'm really enjoying watching our D this year. Coach V is the best!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic