Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Signing Day Eve update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Signing Day Eve update

Feb 2, 2016, 10:17 PM

Yep, I've been a little quiet on the boards but that's been because this has been an unusual recruiting period. The Tigers have jumped on some players late and are in the mix for the nation's premier player and it's been...odd.

Anyway, now that hoops is over, let me update you on what I've been hearing tonight.

Let's start with Rashan Gary - I know the staff feels comfortable with how they've handled Gary's recruitment and have done all they can do to secure a commitment. It also appears that Michigan is getting desperate - trying to tell the family that defensive line coach Dan Brooks will retire before Gary leaves. From everything I've heard that might not be sitting well with the family. Will it be enough to secure a signature? Guess we will find out Wednesday.

Also - K'Von Wallace - it's interesting to note that the two schools that are being talked about he most are schools he isn't committed to in Ohio St. and Clemson. Looks like Ohio St. might not have room for him. I've texted him and heard back from him tonight...he's being mum but I like Clemson's chances.

Simpson - everybody is mum on this one. I've talked to his coach and exchanged texts with John yesterday. This is another one that we just don't know, but I do know the Clemson staff feels good about getting Simpson into the fold. Hopefully the relationships Clemson has built with not only John but his family helps.

As for Mullen - another hard one to read. He - like Gary - doesn't really do a lot of talking to the media while his mother does. She wants him at FSU. But again - Clemson feels good about the chances of landing this cat.

Sorry there are no definites - it's just the changing landscape of recruiting. Hopefully we can get some more info overnight, but it really doesn't matter. We will know how this class looks shortly after lunch.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, David, for the update.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:22 PM

Glad you got the laundry done yesterday so you won't have any distractions tomorrow. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thanks David. Go Broncos!***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems Harbaugh has the greater propensity to change jobs***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems Harbaugh has the greater propensity to change jobs***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:28 PM

OSU has 2 more spots, none of which will go to Wallace and think it's either Clemson or he sticks with Cincy tomorrow. His tape shows he's under-ranked as he's come on late in the process.

Gonna be a fun day..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Signing Day Eve update

Feb 2, 2016, 10:27 PM

Head Philphot day that today about Brooks. What supposively didn't sit well with family?

Feb 2, 2016, 10:27 PM

Any truth at all about Brooks leaving any time soon? Sounds like their staff is pretty desperate. Hopefully the Gary family sees thru their bs.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:32 PM

I wanna know how Michigan knows more about what our staff is gonna do than our on staff. I bet a million dollars if clemson landed gary to go with Lawrence then coach brooks isn't going anywhere for awhile.

Do you mean that how Michigan is spreading rumors about Brooks the family doesn't like or that they are hearing Brooks will step away soon?

Feb 2, 2016, 10:29 PM

Threw me off as well. Important

This is the same question I had

Feb 2, 2016, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Signing Day Eve update ]

Assuming it's the rumors about CDB they don't like

I think Mrs. Coney has a pretty good BS detector ...

Feb 2, 2016, 10:38 PM

... and Michigan's staff having a clue about Coach Brooks retirement plans would be total BS.

So, I suspect David Hood is saying that Mrs. Coney saw that as the Michigan staff feeding her BS and she probably didn't care for it.

I thought it was a quiet period?***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:40 PM

No idea when they may have allegedly told them this.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:48 PM

Michigan staff may have talked to them Sunday evening after they got back from Clemson. I don't think the dead period took effect until midnight Sunday (though I can't swear to that is when it started).

Sales 101

Desperation is never attractive Harbaugh.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also even if u had the inside scoop. Would u share it and not let the kid have his time?

Just wondering

Doesn't sit well with the family?

Feb 2, 2016, 10:29 PM

As in they are pissed that Michigan is suggesting this BS or that they are worried about Brooks leaving. I take it the reaction was the former.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't sit well with the family?

Feb 2, 2016, 10:30 PM

thx. Thought so

clarification please...

Feb 2, 2016, 10:31 PM

"Michigan is getting desperate - trying to tell the family that defensive line coach Dan Brooks will retire before Gary leaves. From everything I've heard that might not be sitting well with the family."

Not sitting well as in they're annoyed that Michigan is getting that desperate, or not sitting well as in the thought of Brooks retiring?

Thanks in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Feb 2, 2016, 10:31 PM

guess michigan dont know that brooks is not his position coach.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:32 PM

Wow lying to Gary's family just to try to land him? I hate liars. So selfish and classless too. I hope that actually gives Gary more of a reason to commit to Clemson. And what doesn't make sense is why would they believe what they're telling them...

I find it odd that a guy that has jumped jobs

Feb 2, 2016, 10:34 PM

the last few years is negatively recruiting about coaching stability. Stanford, SF, and now UM say hi. JH has NEVER in his coaching career stayed anywhere more than 3 years.

Thanks David...Go Tigers!!***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:34 PM

Feb 2, 2016, 10:37 PM

By "not sitting well" do you mean the family may concerned Brooks could leave or that Michigan is using scare tactics? Thanks

and this has the Blue all stirred up.....

Feb 2, 2016, 10:47 PM

https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/694723649178341376

10:26 PM - 2 Feb 2016

Re: and this has the Blue all stirred up.....

Feb 2, 2016, 10:54 PM

Feb 2, 2016, 10:56 PM

Coach Brooks isn't retiring but what Michigan fails to realize is Coach Hobby would be his position coach at DE which clemson is recruiting him as.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:58 PM

Is Clemson recruiting him as a DE only? I thought it was DE primarily but that as his career went on he'd be interchangeable

Feb 2, 2016, 11:02 PM

> Is Clemson recruiting him as a DE only? I thought it
> was DE primarily but that as his career went on he'd
> be interchangeable

I'm sure the plan would be to move him around. His versatility just adds to his value. Shifting him around at the line could be commonplace.

Feb 2, 2016, 11:01 PM

But David, how could a recruits family believe anything coming from the team that we are head to head with, and they are way up in Michigan, we are way down in Clemson, and not even any of us have heard a word about the Bull chit that they are throwing out there about one of the members of our coaching staff thinking about retirement. If he had mentioned that to someone, don't you think that it would have already went public. If none of it true, it really should be publicly exposed to the entire country to watch out for Michigan and their DIRTY lying recruiting tactics of making up lies only for the purpose of taking it to a recruits family in order to sway the recruit and his family for a commitment. What they are attempting if true, is making all the time that Rashan and Coney has spent to find the right school, totally useless bc if Gary commits to them, it will have been done through lies and being deceitful. Making all their time and money they have spent for nothing bc of betrayal. That's as low class as a program can possibly get. It's not far from kidnapping!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm reminded of the reaction Mrs Coney had toward

Feb 2, 2016, 11:06 PM

Muschamp. She doesn't like being lied to.

Whatever happens, we can take great comfort that our staff are men of character.

Re: I'm reminded of the reaction Mrs Coney had toward

Feb 2, 2016, 11:09 PM

That is right!!!!! I forgot about that! Consider it done. Gary is a Tiger. PERIOD. Never tick momma off!

Feb 2, 2016, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the updates, David.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic