Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sick of hearing UGA belonged in playoff had their chance &
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Sick of hearing UGA belonged in playoff had their chance &

Jan 1, 2019, 11:40 AM

failed against AL & LSU. Do you know how many teams have the same argument GA has? Lots of 'em.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their performance against LSU says otherwise...

Jan 1, 2019, 11:44 AM

There are no mulligans in football which is effectively what UGa fans want and expect.

Yes...they played a Tualess Alabama close but they also got boat raced by LSU.

An undefeated Notre Dame, that had a solid SOS ranking, gets in the CFP all day and every day ahead of a two-loss SEC team.

The same applies to a one-loss conference champion from the Big XII.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

2 losses & 0 Conf championship! As DaBO said, win all games during season!

Jan 1, 2019, 11:55 AM

and that right there is your weekly play-off system!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their performance against LSU says otherwise...

Jan 1, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Their performance against LSU says otherwise... ]

any 2 loss team shouldn't be considered.there will always be 0 or one loss teams ahead of them.an argument can be made for a 1 loss(we were the beneficiaries last yr.).just can't see any justification for a 2 loss.don't care who the team is.they just don't belong.now pulling for texas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Sick of hearing UGA belonged in playoff had their chance &

Jan 1, 2019, 11:59 AM

yea, not surprising a Liberal Arts school like UGA expects a redo against Alabama!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 1, 2019, 12:00 PM

At this point just best to ignore them. They are on the outside looking in, so let them wail and whine. Bottom line is, they ain't at the party and we very much are.

Their envy of us is delicious!

stupid and I wish Herbie hadn't added fuel to that fire

Jan 1, 2019, 12:00 PM

because it is just a stupid argument - UGA lost 2 games and did not win a championship. End of story.

And if we did expand the playoff it would mean even more meaningless games and even more butthurt schools crying because they didn't get in.

It already sucks enough that players skip the meaningless bowls and no one really cares about the games other than the CFP. Why create more of that unless you do away with the crappy bowls and just make it a playoff the way the FCS does it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%. That’s why I’m pulling Texas tonight

Jan 1, 2019, 12:07 PM

I really really hope they win. Would shut that “Georgia should of been in that playoffs” right up.

Is is the case with ALL Big XII teams...

Jan 1, 2019, 12:32 PM

the Texas defense is not very good (68th nationally in total defense).

Georgia should win this one handily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

if uga got in where would it stop?

Jan 1, 2019, 12:12 PM

the next year would a three loss florida team that lost all three games by a combined 4 points get in for playing bama close? glad the committee said no to georgia they had their chance against bama and lost

A close loss to Alabama is as good as a win

Jan 1, 2019, 12:15 PM

since Alabama is the best of all time and nobody can beat them. A close loss says, you deserve another chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 12:19 PM

Cool, but the truth is, we might not be playing in the playoff if our conference wasn't so terrible. Things happen and UGA is a top 4 team. Only idiots who don't know sports think they are not. Period!

Jan 1, 2019, 12:32 PM

Carlsbad, let me clue you in to something ,a top 4 team does not get blown out by an offensively challenged LSU. PERIOD!!! UGA had 2 losses, not getting in with that record. Kirby goofballed away the Bama game by trying to make Fields happy playing him a down each series thus allowing Jake 2 downs to move the chains. Do not get me started on the fake punt where Fields suddenly appears on the punt team, sheer stupidity. So UGA has 2 losses and no Conference Championship to boot.

What proof do you have of that? They got stomped by LSU

Jan 1, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Sick of hearing UGA belonged in playoff had their chance & ]

Sure, they looked pretty good against Bama, but they couldn't stop the Bama comeback, in spite of Bama having to play with their backup QB. They have no business thinking they should be in the playoff. Personally, as long as there are only four in the CFP, only conference champs should even be considered!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YEP, once again, a loss to SEC brethren makes you move UP?

Jan 1, 2019, 12:20 PM

Whatever, Herbie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 12:25 PM

When you have an OOS of Austin Peay, Middle Tenn, UMass and Georgia tech you better win all your other games. The best 2 teams on their schedule they lost to. Enough said

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 12:26 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how some people place more emphasis on perception rather than facts. Here are two excellent examples, "Georgia should be in the four team playoff" and our Gamecock fans considering a 21 point loss to the Tigers as a win because they passed for 500 yards.

And for good measure, another prime example of perception. There were many predicting a Notre Dame win over the Tigers who appeared to be basing their prediction on the glory years of Notre dame football, not on their most recent accomplishments.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 12:34 PM

And? Can you make a point Joe. That was pretty soft.

^ Give JOE a break..he’s 97 & out looking for Collard Leafs..

Jan 1, 2019, 12:48 PM

as we type! ????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ Give JOE a break..he’s 97 & out looking for Collard Leafs..

Jan 1, 2019, 1:01 PM

I am trying to keep Joe on his toes so he can be as awesome as he is at 107.

Re: ^ Give JOE a break..he’s 97 & out looking for Collard Leafs..

Jan 1, 2019, 1:11 PM

Good job, fellows. You young kids always provide a few laughs which makes me feel much younger ---- just like I was still 96 !!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but, but..the EYE TEST

Jan 1, 2019, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Sick of hearing UGA belonged in playoff had their chance & ]

It's very scientific lol

they doubled down on stupid by saying they should be 3rd***

Jan 1, 2019, 1:00 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 1:07 PM

I agree but I would loved to have mud holed UGA.
Thier QB is about the same as Book , maybe a little better . The Dawgs rely on the Run and they can’t run on this Tiger D. I’m sure if we would have played them we win by 3 TDs. I will say tho next season it might be us vs them in the NC.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic