Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shrine Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,455

Shrine Bowl

Dec 21, 2013, 5:23 PM

I wish we would have gotten Elijah Hood to commit to us rather than to the Tarheels. He looks like a future NFL prospect. In the Shrine Bowl, he is, most likely, going to be the MVP for the state of North Carolina.

As for the state of South Carolina, the most likely MVP candidates are Shaq Davidson, Oglesby, Samuel or Poona Ford.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hood was probably the best player on the field***

Dec 21, 2013, 5:28 PM

Re: Hood was probably the best player on the field

Dec 21, 2013, 6:10 PM

he is impressive. dont know how he will do at the next level but the kid looked good today

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2013, 12:35 AM

The Kid ran for 3300 and 48 touchdowns as a Junior only to go for 3600 yards and 52 touchdowns as a Senior play Big School ball in North Carolina

100 TDs and 6900 yards in just 27 games is pretty much all I need to know. UNC got a good one.

Dec 22, 2013, 12:35 AM

The Kid ran for 3300 and 48 touchdowns as a Junior only to go for 3600 yards and 52 touchdowns as a Senior playing Big 4A High School ball in North Carolina

100 TDs and 6900 yards in just 27 games is pretty much all I need to know. UNC got a good one.

Perhaps he chose unc because

Dec 22, 2013, 1:26 AM

the vigorous academic regimen in chapelhill suited his personality,

I'm always sorry to see talented HS football players toss a valuable opportunity into the rubbish heap and select unc over a Clemson or a school which actually is serious about football

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure which game ya'll were watching...

Dec 21, 2013, 6:27 PM

Yea, Hood looks like he'll be a good player but he only had 93 yards on 23 carries. That's barely 4 yards a carry. With that many touches you figure a 5 star guy would have 100+ yards at the very least. I'd have to say he's a little overrated imo, 4* at best.

Re:That is impressive especially playing with a group you

Dec 21, 2013, 6:41 PM

have never played with. I wish that we could get him.

Re: Not sure which game ya'll were watching...

Dec 21, 2013, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Not sure which game ya'll were watching... ]

Might be a little overated. However, I think the sc defensive line had a definite advantage on the nc offensive line and that played a part in his numbers. He was hit a lot right when he got the ball. Thought he made some nice cuts to get what was there and fought hard for what he got.

Dec 21, 2013, 6:50 PM

I thought he had the opportunity to break some long runs but he just didn't show the elite burst or speed to do it. He didn't do anything in the game that "wow'd" me where I could say no doubt that's a 5* player.

Dec 21, 2013, 9:33 PM

Yeah, there was a couple like that I noticed. Honestly, I didn't know he was a 5 star. Like I said, I thought he showed great effort but would agree that there was never a wow moment I noticed.

Dude's name is Poona? Really?***

Dec 21, 2013, 6:33 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has already received his degree

Dec 21, 2013, 6:45 PM

In African American studies, parking tickets have been paid and rental car, 2014 Vette, delivered.

He is going to Canada for 3 years and then ti NFL draft

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:the Bone kid looked very good***

Dec 21, 2013, 6:50 PM

Re: Shrine Bowl

Dec 21, 2013, 7:19 PM

Blake Bone is a Helluva player as well as Soloman Brown..I wasnt really impressed with Hood or Crosby which both was projected 5 star players..I dont even see Soloman Brown recruited by anyone and he was the MVP on defense.

Dec 21, 2013, 7:31 PM

That kid named Samuel is rated a three star, but he might have been the best player on both sides. Kid is a player.

Dec 21, 2013, 7:41 PM

Disagree, on the South Carolina side Mason Rudolph should be the MVP. Kid played great. Davidson made a nice catch to win the game but it was also a good throw.

Dec 21, 2013, 7:43 PM

I think Rudolph did win the MVP on offense..

Park stated Mason Rudolph shudda been Mr. Football S.C.

Dec 21, 2013, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Shrine Bowl ]

no himself. Rudolph scorched Park's Stratford team in State finals with 8 td passes and Park had a bad game. Oklahoma State must be happy! Why didn't Clemson recruit this guy - oh I know why - Watson. Park outdid Watson in Elite 11.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that I look at it...

Dec 21, 2013, 7:50 PM

Rivals is the only site that has Wood a 5*. Not sure what they're seeing.

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic