Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna get flack here, expect it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Gonna get flack here, expect it

Jan 17, 2014, 12:28 AM

Just visited rivals team rankings for 2014 classes, and they must be biased some, but still, 6-10 and 8-14 top ranked teams are SEC schools, and SC is not even top 20, though they have 9 4 stars to date. How does any team ever get a leg up in the SEC? Seems like an awfully hard place to make a living as a coach. Morris should avoid the Vandy job IMO, it is a no win situation. Crimes, even lowly KY is top 20 right now. That league eats it's own outside of the Bama exception, but even they cannot escape falling to some of these teams. They all just seem to get so much talent that even teams like aTm, Mizzou, OleMiss etc. Are dangerous every week and friggin Tenn is sitting on 2 five stars and about. 15 four stars after their last four year debacle. Chad needs to stay away from that league if Vandy is his option, too hard to win in that league period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shows James Franklin is a bad ###

Jan 17, 2014, 12:47 AM

And that things will be restored in SEC West as Tennessee, Florida and UGA get back to their rightful place among the Big 6 in the SEC

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Shows James Franklin is a bad ###

Jan 17, 2014, 1:05 AM

East?

Re: Shows James Franklin is a bad ###

Jan 17, 2014, 1:16 AM

Anyway, the point was why would Chad ever go into that no win situation? He may be the best OC and next HC in the country, but at Vandy he is at the helm of a team that is likely ranked 5th in his own division in spite of his talents. Not to mention games against the West that will include the likes of Bama, LSU, Aub etc., seems like a graveyard to me for a coach. Franklin was able to turn three years of quasi solid play into the PSU gig, good for him, the next coach not likely to be so fortunate. Chad would be likely beat his head against a board trying to make Vandy relevant in that league. It is simply a minefield for a coach. Try playing UGA, UF, SC, Mizz, UT, aTm, Bama, Aub, LSU, Ole Miss etc over and over again, and be successful long term. Not even FSU would do that every year.

Vandy is a good pay raise and another rung on the ladder.

Jan 17, 2014, 2:39 AM

I don't blame him for perusing the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonna get flack here, expect it

Jan 17, 2014, 5:09 AM

No flack,but if Franklin could get 8-9 win seasons,Chad should also be able to get 8-9 wins.
Granted,it might take him a couple of seasons with a new coaching staff,and in recruiting,but I don't think too many of the higher caliber programs in the nation( and not just the SEC) are going to take a chance on an unproven/ non H.C. guy like Chad.

Jan 17, 2014, 5:17 AM

When talking stars and class ranks it depends who rates the athletes. But to your point staffs and facilities make the program. If I were Vandy Cutcliffe would be my guy...what he has done at Duke is just amazing. With no facilities. Or Richrod...Morris will have to wait until we sustain our a success or take a lesser slot coaches rarely get fired if the program is good or rarely leave a great situation. If we ever get a running attack which is seasons away that could be a wild card

reminds me of the Rick Barnes situation....***

Jan 17, 2014, 6:26 AM

Jan 17, 2014, 7:26 AM

I am confused about this post. first it implies that the sec east is a beast and the sec is a very difficult place to win, all other schools are great, cant compete against them in recruiting, and ect. is this not the same sec we say is bad and that the coots have no competition? which is it? you cant have it both ways. if franklin can win 9, why should not any other decent coach do that? maybe coach cauldwell can give chad some advise.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic