Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should the coaches play only the best players?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 935

Should the coaches play only the best players?

Oct 26, 2014, 1:30 PM

The whole cole stoudt issue seems to have a re-curring theme, that the coaches should have put in the freshman phenom. I admit I myself hoped cole would be the better player for us this year at the start.

However, many of these players would leave for what is best for them and their families if they would get drafted as soon as they are eligible. with that in mind, would it be better to put in a freshman who is better than a senior who has waited and been loyal?

I tend to support our coaches because i believe that they are teaching these players more than "win at all costs" however, what benefit is it to the fans if they sit young guys, who are better only to have them leave early after one good year, ala martavis bryant.

I think the coaches have a hard job on this because they have to keep their word, but at what cost? I cannot say we would have beaten UGA and fsu, but the eye test showed to me that there was loyalty or something else at work here. watson will not graduate if he stays healthy and stays on his path, should the program get full benefit from him? did we just waste a year?

I would like to be convinced we are doing it the right way, because i am waivering here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should the coaches play only the best players?

Oct 26, 2014, 1:31 PM

No put the best players on the bench? SMH

Oct 26, 2014, 1:33 PM

Bn

Oct 26, 2014, 1:39 PM

You are aware that our best QB, the freshman QB, is injured and we are playing the backup senior QB, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 1:41 PM

yes i am referring to starting cole in game 1, or dj howard, or not playing crowder who looks massive and basically manhandled the guy he got the holding call on, while we are thin on offensive line.

Oct 26, 2014, 1:50 PM

Ah ok. Bringing back that one. I'm not sure what criteria the coaches were using to determine who the best player was at the time. But if factoring in experience and size, maybe they put too much weight on some things before having a chance to see on-field game time performance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Should the coaches play only the best players? ]

I would think he is referencing the qb controversy we endured during the UGA and FSU games with the Cole has earned it attitude of the coaches. Cole is entitled to start because he has senior status. He is better in practice blah blah blah.

Congratulations this might be the dumbest post of all time***

Oct 26, 2014, 1:41 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 7
| visibility 935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic