Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 106
| visibility 51

BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper

Jun 15, 2015, 11:02 AM

Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper

Jun 15, 2015, 11:16 AM

I notice no last names???

What do these people expect? Life time contracts without accountability. If that is what they
expect they should be Gamecock supporters. That ad should have been done in garnet and black.

Jun 15, 2015, 12:44 PM

Jack's gone...let it go. relax

Re: He got what was coming to him. He should have got it

Jun 15, 2015, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper ]

much sooner.

Jun 15, 2015, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper ]

Well said. Jack was given options but his arrogance got in the way..............

Wow

Jun 15, 2015, 11:17 AM

What a kick in the face to DRad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evidence that no matter where you stand

Jun 15, 2015, 11:28 AM

on the issue, Leggett's firing could've/should've been handled better

Just a word of warning: Regardless of who is hired as the next Tiger HC, if there's a
precipitous drop-off next year, everyone who came out strongly in public advocating Leggett's
dismissal will themselves face a lot of "heat" from some of the folks who placed this ad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i doubt that next year will be any better than this

Jun 15, 2015, 1:31 PM

year. I t would have been worse with Leggett.

Re: Wow

Jun 15, 2015, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Wow ]

I appreciate that they feel badly for him but the difference between his first 13 years as head coach and the last 9 years is striking! A change was needed to get the baseball program back on track.

dang, just shove in DRad's face. Wow***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:17 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Who cares! Was time for a change. Was time for a change last

Jun 15, 2015, 11:18 AM

Year and the AD have him another shot. Guess what? He tanked again. Sorry but he drove this proud program down the last several years while doing nothing to make it better. He's gone and I'm happy for. Hopefully we will soon welcome in the C of C head man...

CJ & Jacoby***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:20 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Jun 15, 2015, 11:23 AM

Wish I could have chipped in. Jack was a fine example of a true Tiger.

Jack is class all the way; he's probably embarrased by this,

Jun 15, 2015, 11:25 AM

even though I'm sure he appreciates the support. Again, I don't know how it all went down between Jack and DRad, so maybe something was said or done behind closed doors that was would warrant the "you deserved better" sentiment; but if that sentiment is based merely on the fact that Jack was canned, then it's totally baseless; for God's sake, it was time for a change and it's time to move on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Jack is class all the way; he's probably embarrased by this,

Jun 15, 2015, 11:44 AM

He's supposedly on vacation and completely unplugged. This was meant far more for the administrations attention than for Leggett.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

I'm sure it was, but still . . .***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I was a big fan of Jack's

Jun 15, 2015, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Jack is class all the way; he's probably embarrased by this, ]

until he got up at the IPTAY meeting in Columbia in February of 2011 and essentially chewed the a$$ of all the IPTAY Reps, Donors, etc in the room. You must not have been at that meeting, or you probably wouldn't be saying he is "class all the way." Maybe most of the things he does, he does with class. But not on that night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

No, I wasn't there. What was he chewing a$$ about?***

Jun 15, 2015, 12:02 PM

- H. L. Mencken

This was after the 2010 season where we had gone 6-7.

Jun 15, 2015, 12:09 PM

There was a lot of b!itching and moaning "out there" from disgruntled fans. It wasn't necessarily the message he was trying to deliver, but the way he came across. Very arrogant and with a poor, negative attitude towards the people that essentially pay his salary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having said that, let me also give credit

Jun 15, 2015, 12:13 PM

where credit is due and say that everything Jack has said since he has been let go has been classy all the way. So kudos to him for that!

Re: This was after the 2010 season where we had gone 6-7.

Jun 17, 2015, 8:14 AM [ in reply to This was after the 2010 season where we had gone 6-7. ]

So he was taking up for Dabo? Telling people to chill? He needed to chew a$$

Sounds like Class all the way

I was at that one in 2011 and he did no such thing...

Jun 15, 2015, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I was a big fan of Jack's ]

He was a complete class act that night as usual.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so I guess the hour and a half conversation that five

Jun 15, 2015, 12:24 PM

grown men had in the car on the way back to Aiken about Leggett's speech never happened either. And the fact that we all still talk about his speech to this day means that he "did no such thing." Whatever, dude.

Re: I was at that one in 2011 and he did no such thing...

Jun 16, 2015, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I was at that one in 2011 and he did no such thing... ]

yes he did, I was there too and very appalled at what he said!

Big Daddy

Jun 15, 2015, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I was a big fan of Jack's ]

surprised to see your name on the newspaper ad

Re: Big Daddy

Jun 15, 2015, 1:21 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17362863#17362863

Re: I was a big fan of Jack's

Jun 16, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I was a big fan of Jack's ]

I very well remember that and was furious that night. Thus he was never invited to another meeting I don't think. At least I have not been to one that he spoke. I am also tired of the he built Clemson baseball, excuse me....Bill Wilhelm did....Jack has ruined the program..it will take five years rebuilding. Recruiting is going to be tough this year no matter who the coach is. Short of bringing in a major big league coach.
Jack did well as long as he had Bill's recruits and Corbin/Sully players. Since they left the recruiting has not been there. Now we have some great kids...but no Casey Stone, no David Miller, no Kris Benson etc. Time to recruit southern grits eating players!!! Big power hitters....I am at the point that I really don't care who the new coach is as long as he can put a motivated team that is having fun and will enjoy the game. I love baseball but these last two years were down right painful at times to watch. The Miami game last night reminded me of so much what use to be at Clemson!
Lets move on! Greater times to come...I have to believe that Dan will pick the best fit for Clemson and we will all rally! It must be!

Jun 16, 2015, 1:34 PM

Casey Stone? Definitely wasn't a power hitter. Like it or not, Leggetts best players never came from around here. It's a shame so many ppl are stuck on that way of thinking Bc Scar won a couple national championships. Simple minded idiots

Jun 17, 2015, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I was a big fan of Jack's ]

Bill Wilhem hand picked Jack so I guess you could he ruin our program. LOL

You mentioned southern boy's ? Check our roster we have 19 from the state

I'll take Khalil Green, Billy Koch and many others. I don't care where they are from as long as they can play.

Re: Jack is class all the way; he's probably embarrased by this,

Jun 15, 2015, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Jack is class all the way; he's probably embarrased by this, ]

With us living in the electronic world that we live in today, don't you think that Jack's and DRad's meeting was audio/video recorded. I'm all but sure it was, and I'm assuming that Jack was pretty adamant in standing his ground and absolutely refused DRad's request to make some hard for Jack changes in the coaching staff. And I'm all but absolutely positive that is what bit Jack square in his A$$, and earned him an extended vacation!!! I personally do not believe Jack was fired over season results only. Knowing by seeing Jack's brashness from time to time. I can see him feeling that DRad is the boss of the athletic department, but not his boss in running the baseball team the way he fully intends on running it. His way or no way, and especially not when an athletic director is asking him to test his loyalty to his assistants!!! Once coach Bill Wilhelm retired, Jack was saying this is my BB program. Mine all mine!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2015, 11:27 AM

what a joke

null

Jun 15, 2015, 11:42 AM

Looks like clemfan and viztiz went on the cheap with the Seneca paper

While I certainly would have been proud to contribute

Jun 15, 2015, 12:28 PM

you should probably have a clue before you speak.

Re: While I certainly would have been proud to contribute

Jun 15, 2015, 12:35 PM

You should take your own advice Mr no one will want to take this job and we will end up with Perno.

null

Well, we are down to what, pick #5 now?

Jun 15, 2015, 12:40 PM

After Corbin, Sully, TCU and UVA that is about how it stacks up.

Re: Well, we are down to what, pick #5 now?

Jun 16, 2015, 12:39 AM

I like monte. I don't care what number he was. He could be 30 for all I care.
I think you are too close to the program since you had a son who played for us. I'm not sure you are able to stand back and take a look at the big picture. I'm sure you and Jack became friends since your son played here.

Jun 16, 2015, 7:18 AM

anyone that thinks lee was the fifth pick is truly an idiot. there are a lot of coaches you wish you may could get but that doesnt mean they are attainable or turned us down. sully was my number one pick and had he not been in omaha we might have had a shot. lee was my number 2 because i knew others were pie in the sky. we as fans should be giddy to get a young successful coach who is a stud recruiter and will bring in a great staff. but hey, this is the board. idiots galore in here. have your fun.

Jun 17, 2015, 8:41 AM

Thanks deroberts.

Clemfan has been very dishonest during this whole fiasco.

null

Jun 17, 2015, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Well, we are down to what, pick #5 now? ]

Corbin and Sully was never interviewed. If you think either was coming to replace Jack then you need to think again. Maybe in 5 yrs if thing don't work out they might.

heavydutytiger - Think you owe me an apology since

Jun 15, 2015, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper ]

you decided to make claims with absolutely no validity. Anytime will be fine.

Re: heavydutytiger - Think you owe me an apology since

Jun 15, 2015, 2:41 PM

I am sorry jackfan...I truly do feel sorry for you

Should have realized you couldn't do it decently**

Jun 15, 2015, 2:42 PM

Re: Should have realized you couldn't do it decently**

Jun 15, 2015, 3:05 PM

MOST ON THIS BOARD KNOW NO SHAME. THEY ARE INTERNET BADASSES. I AM BETTING 90% ON THIS BOARD NEVER STRAPPED A JOCK ON IN THEIR LIVES. BET THEY KNOW HOW TO SAY "HEY MOM, WHAT ABOUT THAT MEATLOAF" HOWEVER.

Re: Should have realized you couldn't do it decently**

Jun 15, 2015, 3:19 PM

SAYS THE INTERNET BADA$$....YOU'RE PROBABLY THE GUY THAT WALKED AROUND WITH THE JOCKSTRAP ON HIS HEAD

Jun 16, 2015, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Photo: Leggett gets full-page ad in newspaper ]

Yes, yes you are

It was time for him to go. Newspaper ad or not.***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:32 AM

Re: It was time for him to go. Newspaper ad or not.***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:51 AM

It was past time

So...Tim and Maggie Corbin agreed to have their names

Jun 15, 2015, 12:08 PM

Added to this?? As did Kevin and Barbara Jo O'Sullivan?? Very interesting...and furthermore...I personally know several people on this add..DON'T KNOW A ONE OF THEM TO EVEN GO TO A BASEBALL GAME

Re: So...Tim and Maggie Corbin agreed to have their names

Jun 15, 2015, 12:12 PM

HA! Just found another that told me not even a week ago that "it was definetly time for a change" ....someone's lying

He "deserved better" than The Seneca Journal for a

Jun 15, 2015, 11:34 AM

full-page thank you from his supporters, that's for sure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2015, 11:37 AM

I respect the amount of time and attention someone took to supposedly garner these signatures and well wishes but this is getting to be stupid on something like a HS level. I appreciate and respect JL and I do believe he will be honored by CU in it's highest ways, i.e. ROh, etc. BUT, come on people! I don't think Jack would even openly think this was ok. What do these people want? If DRad gave him the option to leave on his own time guess what? His time probably included the word "never"! Heck for all we know our names could be on this is we gave our full names on any posts closely related to supporting or thanking JL. Trolling the school and AD is just stupid and childish IMO.

Thanks Coach, we know you want CLEMSON to succeed regardless of who is coaching them because you stated that YOU LOVE CLEMSON! GO TIGERS!

Jun 15, 2015, 11:39 AM

I'm sick of this sh*t. Our baseball fans are the UGA Football fans when it comes to Ritcht. It was time for a change. Our program was horrid and for anyone to not notice or turn their eye to it, then shame on you. At the end of the day winning is EVERYTHING. I'm glad he had a positive impact on our boys' lives...but we need a Joe Torre, not a George Fenney.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

If folks want to buy up ad space in the Seneca newspaper

Jun 15, 2015, 11:40 AM

I am fine with that. Lord knows that paper could use the money.

I just find it a bit odd that they would lead with the "You deserved better" headline...

Look, I like Coach Leggett, I've even had a chance to speak with him a few times briefly, and can assert that the man is a great coach and he definitely knows more about the game of baseball than probably 99.9% of the global population.

But things like this make me think that some people are living in a fairy tale land, where results don't matter and everyone should feel warm and fuzzy all day everyday.

If my boss comes to me today and says, "Jason, your job performance is showing a downward trend, you have one year to show me some type of improvement, or a plan to fix this trend line", you'd better believe that I would try to change some things starting today; and if I didn't show improvement in a year's time I certainly wouldn't want my friends and co workers to complain on my behalf about how I got such a raw deal.

I wish Coach Leggett the best, but I just don't see how he was "wronged", or "deserved better" in this case. He had a great job spanning two decades, and cashed millions of dollars worth of checks backed by our tax money, and as far as I can tell, the University has put no restrictions on the man that will harm his future endeavors...

This just seems like a silly, petty, backhanded insult couched as a way to honor a great coach; and the resulting ad neither insults the administration, nor honors Jack. In my opinion, of course.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

^^^ Pretty much sums it up***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:51 AM

Yep.***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:59 AM [ in reply to If folks want to buy up ad space in the Seneca newspaper ]

- H. L. Mencken

Perfectly stated!***

Jun 15, 2015, 12:23 PM [ in reply to If folks want to buy up ad space in the Seneca newspaper ]

Dittos!!!!!!!!!!******

Jun 15, 2015, 1:03 PM

Point. Exactly. BUT tax money doesn't pay coaches or support

Jun 15, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to If folks want to buy up ad space in the Seneca newspaper ]

athletics. The AD is run as a totally separate organization funded by IPTAY, TV contracts, ticket sales, etc. This is why its dumb when faculty and staff gripe about coaching salaries. Th school actually taxes the AD's revenues @ 6% which was over $3m this year. The school shouldn't get a dime from the AD because our athletics provide 100s of millions of dollars in free advertising and marketing for Clemson. NO football, NO top 20 Clemson in US News. People like Barker don't get that.

null

Yes, the athletic department does purport to operate

Jun 15, 2015, 12:42 PM

as a separate entity from the University's academic side, and lately the big money sports (read: Football alone) have helped bring in enough (along with millions in donations) to help the "non-revenue" programs.

What I mean by "backed by our tax money" is that since Clemson is a state supported institution that is allowed to offer contracts to employees, once that contract is inked Clemson University and the state can be sued if the terms are broken.

Think about this example (which probably would never happen due to our lifelong love and support of the University):

Say we bring in Coach X to fill the baseball vacancy, and Coach X is an awesome coach who is worth $800k per year... we ink him to a 5 year deal.

Now two years in, the football team has regressed, the economy has continued to decline to the point where only the 1% are making IPTAY donations, but the baseball team is tearing it up under Coach X; CU couldn't go to him and say "Well, our athletic dept. is in the red, so we have to pay you $75,000 this year and the next until we start making money again"; X would have the Clemson AD in court so fast your head would spin...

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Actually they could. Contracts are broken all the time and

Jun 15, 2015, 1:39 PM

often renegotiated. I get what you're saying, but taxes do not support athletics. Your hypothetical is above and beyond and could happen with any school employee, not just a coach. Also, IPTAY or a rich donor/attorney would handle the schools defense, not tax dollars. I see where you're trying to go, but all it really does is reinforce an already widely believed false narrative that taxes fund athletics.

null

Not trying to get away from the OP but this is

Jun 15, 2015, 11:33 AM

what I'm saying. And it's a bit old, but given the trend in spending one could only extrapolate that budgets at state schools are getting bigger in 2014 and 2015, not smaller:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

Subsidy is just another way to say "tax money".

That's very misleading. They consider anything not generated

Jun 15, 2015, 2:54 PM

by the AD as a subsidy. IPTAY bonds, a student athletic fee, and many other sources. The ONLY thing that should be considered a subsidy is tax dollars. Heck, the "institution" should subsidize the AD and call it a "we earned this as a marketing fee for the gazillions in advertising and good will we generate for the school" fee. Clemson U. actually taxes our AD, which was over $3m last year.

Frankly, it's small programs and schools with no football program that need subsidies the most. Football accounts for most of our revenues, then BB, and 10% from baseball.

I feel ya and it could be a problem, but out of control college costs have nothing to do with athletics, but them libtards sure want to pin it on football programs.

I think every state should pass a bill that outlaws tax dollars for athletics. Thus making even one red cent illegal.

Problem solved.

null

Seneca has a newspaper? And, people still read newspapers?***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:42 AM

Put his name on the outfield wall, and let's move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

newspapers will live on forever.....you can't start a fire

Jun 15, 2015, 11:46 AM

with a laptop or a tablet!

Ask China how many fires their cheap Li-ion batteries

Jun 15, 2015, 11:49 AM

have started... ;)

Yet***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:52 AM [ in reply to newspapers will live on forever.....you can't start a fire ]

Time for a change, but could have been handled better***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:46 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Really? How?***

Jun 15, 2015, 12:30 PM

null

I'd give this a lot more credit

Jun 15, 2015, 12:22 PM

if they'd given their Tigernet handles.

such a shame.

Jun 15, 2015, 12:46 PM

This could have been a very nice way to honor JL, but instead they intentionally turned it into something negative.

mayB JACK deserved better but mayB stubborn & unable to make changes...

Jun 15, 2015, 12:48 PM

Plus team made 90+ errors which showed poor fundamentals ..and don't mention the base runners left on bag..with bases loaded & no or one out!!

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mayB JACK deserved better but mayB stubborn & unable to make changes...

Jun 15, 2015, 12:53 PM

To all those that signed that letter, shame on you. You don't use the social media to attack Clemson University which is exactly what you did. You are not true Clemson fans. If you were, you would not have stooped so low. You all are Benedict Arnold's. Somebody needs to take out the trash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a waaambulance..."you deserved better"...

Jun 15, 2015, 12:57 PM

most cootish thing I've ever seen involving Clemson athletics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

See, the thing is, Clemson deserved better too***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:32 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This does nothing to serve the Clemson family

Jun 15, 2015, 1:39 PM

Or Jack Leggett. It comes across as petty.

Re: It sounds like something Viztiz would do.***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:57 PM

"Corbs and Sully"

Jun 15, 2015, 2:19 PM

I'll make sure to continue pulling against them! First, they coach SECheat programs! Second, CU provided a platform (BaseballProgram) for them to become a Head Coaches. Screw em.

Undermining the baseball program and athletic department

Jun 15, 2015, 2:56 PM

for the sake of one coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their devotion is clearly to Leggett and not Clemson.

Jun 15, 2015, 2:57 PM

Pretty small-minded of them.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Their devotion is clearly to Leggett and not Clemson.

Jun 15, 2015, 3:11 PM

Extremely unprofessional, tacky and disappointing for Corbin and O'Sullivan to have their names associated with this. If it wasn't for CLEMSON...they wouldn't be where they are right now.

What an unworthy tribute to a Clemson legend.***

Jun 15, 2015, 3:02 PM

null

I would like to personally invite everyone on this list

Jun 15, 2015, 3:23 PM

to take their support with Jack wherever he goes.

Your continued assertion that this matter was handed incorrectly, and your continued emphasis on Jack rather than the good of Clemson are not desired traits for true fans.

Your assertion that Jack "deserved better" IS NOT appreciated nor warranted.

Please: get a life, know your place, and s-t-f-u.

Better yet, just leave.

Maybe, just maybe...

Jun 15, 2015, 3:31 PM

he deserved better than the downright hatred that was spewed at him and others personally.

I thought it was time for him to go; however, listening to staffers describe the downright nastiness thrown at them and Jack over these past few years is just disheartening.

He deserved to atleast be treated like a human being and not curbside garbage, regardless of what the program is doing in regards of our expectations.

With that said, I'm sure it was a statement to DRad, but it should've been a statement to some of Tiger Nation as well!

If you're proud of your actions include your WHOLE NAME

Jun 15, 2015, 5:37 PM

I was not in favor of firing Jack but this was in really poor taste. No one but Jack and DRad know what was discussed between them. I have personally had situations where I was counseling an employee and they had an unprofessional response and I ended up firing them. Not saying this happened but we don't know what happened so no true Clemson fan should embarrass their school by doing this.

Re: If you're proud of your actions include your WHOLE NAME

Jun 15, 2015, 8:15 PM

They don't use their whole name bc they are afraid someone will call them out IMO...

TYPICAL TO CAUSE DIVISION &

Jun 15, 2015, 6:40 PM

Not be brave enough to use their last names

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

3 people read paper. Unfortunately one of them told T-Net.***

Jun 15, 2015, 8:36 PM

Jun 15, 2015, 8:39 PM

Disgusted! He knew it was coming out and that was why he left town. I don't believe some on the people on there committed to their name being added...talk about burning bridges! DR needs to hold a press meeting and tell his side of the story! Jack did not deserve better. He has not done better for five years! It was time to move on. He could have resigned and gone out proudly. He refused. Therefore!

Gay***

Jun 15, 2015, 8:57 PM

This is utterly ridiculous and embarrassing.

Jun 15, 2015, 9:20 PM

Shame on the "Clemson supporters" for doing this. I hope they feel good about themselves. Maybe they can make t-shirts and have a circle jerk. Disgusting

Re: This is utterly ridiculous and embarrassing.

Jun 15, 2015, 9:21 PM

sure agree!! no reason @ all for that garbage!! what did they want? for us to get down to 10 wins a year?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also...

Jun 15, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to This is utterly ridiculous and embarrassing. ]

I don't think all those names are legit. I just can not see a coach..sully and corbin..promoting that out loud. Surely, they have better sense than that. They never know when they might want to apply for a Clemson job. If they signed it,,,,they should be out at Clemson. Very unprofessional. But, like I said, I am not real sure they gave permission to use their name

Re: Also...

Jun 15, 2015, 9:49 PM

100% agree. I don't believe they signed off on this. Even if they feel this way, I imagine they would have more tact. It just doesn't add up. Two coaches currently in the CWS would choose the Seneca Journal to voice this tacky opinion? No way.

Re: Also...

Jun 16, 2015, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Also... ]

If it was published with their name, I'm sure they have consent. Just like the players who gave their permission for it to be used.

Thinking that Sully or Corbin are ever coming to Clemson is a waste of the use of one of the few brain cells you seem to have left

Nkickha vs CJ Spiller.***

Jun 15, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to This is utterly ridiculous and embarrassing. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People even willing to trash CJ and Jacoby over this?

Jun 15, 2015, 11:33 PM

Look at all the idiots in this thread incapable of considering that things were maybe mishandled. I have no idea if there were or not. But those fools on here who scream about "Jack's arrogance" are the same fools who are accidentally calling out CJ Spiller.

Anyone here mentally ill enough to challenge CJs allegiance to Clemson? Go ahead.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But now I'm hearing that those names are of people who

Jun 16, 2015, 8:28 AM

didn't even know this was going on, so CJ may not have been involved at all.

And if that's the case, then whoever paid for that ad is a dirt bag.

null

Jun 16, 2015, 12:32 AM

"You deserved better" and we did too. Thanks for what you did during your time at clemson but time to move on.
I don't like the ad. But being a Seneca paper who is going to read it? The ad would have been ok if they simply thanked him. But the "You deserved better" thing is not what I expect from clemson fans. Did these same people take out ad ad when Bowden was fired? Tommy and Jack had similar patterns towards the end of their time at clemson. Both got what they deserved. Look at our baseball attendance the past few years. Pitiful to say the least. Lastly it's next to impossible to figure out who the names are in the ad. Is it last name first? First name last? It appears the name are split up on different lines. And with the /and , it's hard to read.

Jun 16, 2015, 9:48 AM

I don't understand the comments about the Seneca paper and "who is going to read it." I'm sure the thinking was that it would get picked up on social media and be widely read which has happened. I doubt it would have been any more widely seen if it had been in the Greenvile, Charleston or Columbia papers. And it was cheap. Pretty good audience for $1,300 bucks.

This is a perfect example of people putting their own

Jun 16, 2015, 6:46 AM

bitterness and desires ahead of the school that they supposedly support. How does posting this ad help Clemson, or Jack for that matter, in any way whatsoever? It is juvenile sour grapes, pure and simple. Please take your toys and go home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2015, 9:42 AM

The fans should post an advertisement, "The fans deserve better, like winning!"

Jun 16, 2015, 1:35 PM

Your comment is almost as stupid as you

Jun 16, 2015, 10:07 AM

It is a business plain and simple. People pretend to have feelings for others, but it is all just results driven.

Example everyone loves Dabo and Deshaun right now, if they both start non performing the next 2 years, then the true colors start to come out.

Smells like Hatfield/West-era AntiRecruiting

Jun 16, 2015, 1:20 PM

Many people disagree with letting Jack go. I personally thought it was necessary, but respect the opposing opinion.

I'm sure several of the people supporting this ad wanted to offer support for Jack and simply make their voices heard to him personally. Maybe others saw it as a "civil" protest against the AD's decision. Either are noble causes for those who truly believe in them. But there is a practical negative that was either overlooked or dismissed in the process.

This ad has the effect of sabotaging recruiting.

The people who put this ad out must now face this fact.

Our opponents will use this ad as propaganda against us, claiming that many of our fans and alumni have abandoned support for the baseball program. I have to believe that many opposed to the firing have not abandoned the program at all... the ad itself is evidence that they care. But that is NOT the tale that will be told by the rest of the coaches in the southeast.

What's done is done, both with the firing and the ad. How about let's not do anything more to recreate the blight of the Clemson Football 90's within the baseball program. If you don't like what just happened, fine, but don't pour any more fuel on the fire unless it's your intent to make it burn.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

All that, or it's a big troll...***

Jun 16, 2015, 1:29 PM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Jun 16, 2015, 1:44 PM

It is nice Coach Leggett has support from friends, players and coaches. Claiming he deserved better is opinionated. If Leggett won more, he would have earned and deserved more.

"You deserved better"...

Jun 16, 2015, 2:15 PM

...is a b/s way of honoring him. Jack has more class than the folks who added that line. Jack was under contract and we thank him for his contribution but seriously, some folks don't understand what a contract is and certainly don't understand what a right-to-work state is.

p.s. Thank you Jack for your contributions.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 106
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic