Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should We Keep Dabo?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Should We Keep Dabo?????

Dec 1, 2013, 2:14 PM

Should we keep Dabo if he is going to be owned by Spurrier every year, even though he will do well against the other ACC teams? Or should we fire him to get someone who can beat Spurrier, but who might lose more ACC games?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should We Keep Dabo?????

Dec 1, 2013, 2:17 PM

No, CU should have actually conducted the search that they pretended to conduct in 2008 and got a proven winner. Instead they went el cheapo route and look what it got us.

I know. A program in the Top 15 and not in the

Dec 1, 2013, 2:18 PM

Top 10.

he's done!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

If we win our bowl game, we could wind up in the top 10

Dec 1, 2013, 2:22 PM

for the second year in a row, and that is definitely unacceptable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sucks!!***

Dec 1, 2013, 4:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: I know. A program in the Top 15 and not in the

Dec 1, 2013, 6:55 PM [ in reply to I know. A program in the Top 15 and not in the ]

My son graduated from Newberry College. I am now a Newberry fan. If we ever beat Carolina again I will be back. I have been a Clemson fan and a member of Iptay for over 50 years but I'm done.

Dec 1, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Should We Keep Dabo????? ]

Agreed.

Chris Peterson would have been an excellent hire at that time IMO, but the athletic department and BOT's make all the decisions at Clemson.

They just ask that I fund them. (with no input)

Having said that, I think Dabo's done a good job at Clemson. (all things considered) I don't like that Clemson has lost 5 in a row to South Carolina making them the second best team in their own state and conference division. (and that isn't likely to change soon) However, I think the football program has made progress.

The question is what will make Clemson the best football program in South Carolina, the ACC, and the country...

Fire Dabo,and hire Spurrier.
There,the decision has been made.

I don't think they're exclusive***

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

No***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep Dabo. I hate losing against sc but I see the program better under his direction.

Dec 1, 2013, 4:57 PM

Problem with this 5th loss is we should have been the better team. This wasn't the coots best team in the past 5 years. They barely survived a game against a Florida team that lost to an average AA Georgia Southern for crying out loud. The coots lost to a 4 and 8 Tennessee team. Clemson was equal to them last year plus home field advantage and lost by 10. The better team this year and lost by 14. We had the far better team his first year as head coach with Parker, Ford and Spiller. and lost by 17!!!!

Dec 1, 2013, 5:09 PM

haha, seriously? I guess for our sake I hope ya'll have the better team every year

Dabo deserves to be gone.***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 2:25 PM

Yet another idiotic thread

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo needs the boot***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:26 PM

Dec 1, 2013, 2:28 PM

Blame Dabo for the turnovers? I think not. We will get over the hump and USC might lose 10 in a row to us.

If a coach can beat Spurrier regularly ....

Dec 1, 2013, 2:31 PM

he won't have any problem winning in the ACC

That is actually an excellent point!!!***

Dec 1, 2013, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Maybe as a youth pastor, but not head coach***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:38 PM

Of course we should. You guys act like whoever we get

Dec 1, 2013, 2:43 PM

will unquestionably be better than Dabo. What if the next guy is worse? So many here are bitching about 10-11 win seasons. What if we fire Dabo and hire a guy that returns us to 7-8 win seasons? Hate to break it to you guys but we aren't going to win 7-8 games a year and be able to beat SC right now. That's a thing of the past.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:46 PM

You are an idiot 10. 2. Number 11 in country.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same talk different day

Dec 1, 2013, 3:00 PM

Everytime Clemson loses, the same idiotic band wagoners say "fire Dabo." For crying out loud, look at the good the man has done since he's been here; multiple ten win seasons and top ten finishes. Sure losing to the coots hurts, but you can't blame him for the 6 turnovers. If there was a better man for the punt return job, he would have put someone different in. But Humphries gave it all he could. For coaching 18-24 year olds to a top nationally ranked program, Coach Swinney is doing pretty #### well.

I guess you would rather have richt from ga or Mack brown from Texas what an idiot***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:06 PM

Dec 1, 2013, 3:06 PM

I keep reading all this crap. Just which proven winner do you armchair AD's think we can get to come here and how much are you willing to pay? Most proven winners have jobs more lucrative and/or more prestigious than Clemson. Tennessee traveled this path when they fired Fulmer and have regretted it ever since. I'm not ready to run him off just yet.

No. Fire him. We were 0-2 vs ranked teams this year***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:09 PM

Yes, Spurrier has peaked***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if he has peaked...he is showing now signs of ED...

Dec 1, 2013, 4:56 PM

...Dabo, Morris, and Venables are getting in the rear plenty from OBS and OBS seems to have enough testosterone to recover in plenty of time to give it to them again quarter to quarter.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Even if he has peaked...he is showing no signs of ED...

Dec 1, 2013, 4:56 PM

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Dec 1, 2013, 4:12 PM

ASK THE COOTS AND THE SEMIHOLES IF WE SHOULD KEEP DABO!! PROOF IS IN THE RESULTS!!

Dec 1, 2013, 4:15 PM

You guys are morons!!!!!

Dec 1, 2013, 4:17 PM

No

Dec 1, 2013, 4:19 PM

dabo should stay as he turned us around from mediocre to elite....

NFL- Green Bay Packers
NCAA- Michigan and Michigan State (formerly Clemson)
MLB- New York Yankees

Re: You call

Dec 1, 2013, 4:46 PM

this elite?

Re: Should We Keep Dabo?????***

Dec 1, 2013, 4:49 PM

Maybe a heart-t-heart would be in order with...

Dec 1, 2013, 4:52 PM

...Dabo, Morris, and Venables.

The question? Why does a legendary head football coach who would seemingly be at the end of his coaching career take EVERY ONE OF YOU to the stinking wood shed for a beating like you never have had for FIVE YEARS IN A ROW?

Added point is...EITHER GET IT DONE NEXT YEAR OR ELSE WE'LL FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN. PERIOD!!

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Maybe a heart-t-heart would be in order with...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:12 PM

I agree 100%

Dec 1, 2013, 5:05 PM

Rather beat Eddie Haskell and lose more ACC games. Give it all up to beat your rival. Just what Urban Meyer said yesterday.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:24 PM

I would not fire Dabo. Need to hire better positon coaches. I.e Mike Reed from NC State. We had just put up 60 points the year before Dabo hired him. Are we using the majority of the playbook? Chad had slow down play because it was too complicated for some. This type of offense is predicated on speed of play.

Ridiculous Question***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:57 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, lets say we dump Dabo.

Dec 1, 2013, 7:32 PM

Who would you get? Ken Hatfield? Tommy West? Hootie Ingram? Red Parker????

Look, several keep reminding some of you that these are 18-22 YO kids that are motivated differently today. I work with them everyday. You can't motivate in the same way that you could in the Ford era, or when I was a kid. Heck, Danny would be fired after their mamas complained about how their "babies" are being treated. And he ain't leaving the farm in Pendleton. As I see it, we've got 2 choices:

1) Get out of the ACC, de-emphasize academics and graduation rates and their future outside of football, and turn to the use-em-up, spit-em-out push the rules philosophy, a la Bama (over-recruiting, yanking scholarships at the drop of a hat, no commitment to players).

2) Stay the course. Keep building, recruiting and developing. It's a rough road at times, but I don't want to start over and risk a return to the likes of the West or Parker era. If that is where the current staff ends up, then make a change. Change now will most likely guarantee a return to the cellar.

Saban, Meyer, and the like won't come to a school bound by the ACC academic requirements, no matter what kind of so-called "cupcake" schedule they may face.

I hate listening to the coots about the thumb and all their inane drivel, but I've listened to it for over 40 years. The 5-peat is unacceptable. But, someone told me many years ago, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Grow a pair, suck it up, and kwitcherbellyakin.

A history assignment. Look up why the coots left the ACC in the first place. Hint - it wasn't because the competition was pitiful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Dec 1, 2013, 7:38 PM

You guys that post questions like this are idiots. or either youre 5 years old.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic