Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Sammy miss any games this fall? My plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,517

Should Sammy miss any games this fall? My plan

May 5, 2012, 10:09 AM

My first reaction to Sammy’s bout of acting “synaptically challenged” was that he had to be severely disciplined in such a fashion that was commensurate with his crime and betrayal of the Clemson family. My first thoughts, as 64 year old, was that the cornerstone of Sammy’s punishment needed to be a suspension for one or two games this fall along with appropriate disciplinary requirements in the off season. I viewed the game suspensions necessary to set us apart from the “chickens” ridiculously redundant handling of the Garcia fiasco as well as the comparison to the Bellamy case (he was never arrested but was suspended for two critical games). After a lot of thought, cooling down and reflection, I feel that I have the proper punishment for Sammy that does not involve suspension for any games this fall. The proper punishment (in accordance with PTI stipulations) would be volunteer time with youth in local DJJ facility this summer, daily physical punishment (running steps), continued enrollment in two course this summer (both sessions) and what other “reminders” Dabo deems fit to administer. He also would not be allowed to participate in any of the structured or voluntary summer sessions with the team until fall practice.

Sammy acted stupidly and totally outside of who he really is: an outstanding young man. The punishments levied by Dabo and the court system (PTI) should focus on the immediate reinforcement on the standards that Dabo and Clemson expect of its representatives and players. What the “Clemson following” desires for its own reward is trivial when compared to the needs of Sammy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suspended for the first home game, maybe two. No yards, no records.

May 5, 2012, 10:19 AM

He will be impacted personally for his actions rather than punishing everybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Suspended for the first home game, maybe two. No yards, no records.

May 5, 2012, 10:30 AM

1-2 games is what I would expect. Maybe 3 just because he is Sammy and that would send a message to the rest of the team. I'm more disappointed he was riding around in a car with an expired temp. tag getting high than I am at him just getting high. Who at Clemson doesn't get high? Just don't do it in a car that screams pull me over.

If that were the case, Mike Bellamy would be due an

May 5, 2012, 10:27 AM

apology. Sammy will miss at least two games. And they will include the first two. The earliest we'll see Sammy will be the Furman game. But hey, we'll really need him in that one. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I disagree, not on two games but that Bellamy would deserve

May 5, 2012, 10:39 AM

an apology. Bellamy had a very bad attitute, had he not and just apologized he may or may not have even been sent home. He probably would have played in both games.

Now, I am not sure if a two game suspension is right or wrong, honestly if I had the notes to what previous players have gotten under previous coaches at Clemson for the same charge then I would have more of an opinion. However, since I do not, maybe two games is the right decision, maybe none. I am confident that Dabo will make the right decision. If this had happened during the season then yes, but since it is the off season, I feel he can punished in an appropriate manner before football starts.

I raised three kids. Discipline requires consistent

May 5, 2012, 10:46 AM

enforcement of the rules. The minute you start treating one kid (player) differently because of whatever reason, you have pretty much lost your credibility. Sammy won't make the trip to Atlanta. Neither will he dress for Ball State.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't compare Sammy's situation to Bellamy***

May 5, 2012, 11:01 AM [ in reply to If that were the case, Mike Bellamy would be due an ]

hate to say it, but he needs to sit the Auburn game and stay

May 5, 2012, 10:30 AM

home, just like Bellamy missed the bowl game. After that, he comes back the same way Bellamy has done. You have to be consistent. Hard lesson to learn. It sucks because we won't have our best player on the field, but that is life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Sammy miss any games this fall? My plan

May 5, 2012, 10:31 AM

Good post, Cazzie. However, a couple things need to be answered. Who's Escalade was he driving and where did it come from? Also, what were the pills he was caught with? If there is nothing more to the story, I would say one game suspension would suffice. He's a role model for many, and how would it look to all those kids who look up to him if he were not properly punished? Obviously, it would send the wrong message.

One adderal pill and one other pill whose name I dont recall

May 5, 2012, 10:34 AM

at least that is what Korncoot said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Sammy miss any games this fall? My plan

May 5, 2012, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Should Sammy miss any games this fall? My plan ]

Agree. Suspend him two games. Also subject him to more random drug testing. It will benefit Sammy to show the NFL guys in two years he learned his lesson and stayed clean since.

Re: hate to say it, but he needs to sit the Auburn game and stay

May 5, 2012, 10:35 AM

Please dont compare Sammy with Bellamy. Seriously. Bellamy is lazy and does not give a flip about his teammates or the fans. Sammy is a great young man who made on mistake. He embraced his role as a role model well, with the exception of this one incident.

My thoughts...

May 5, 2012, 10:53 AM

Sit him down for the first two. I don't think he should be kept out of the workouts, I think he should be in them and have the coaches riding him the whole time. Make an example out of him. Nobody is above the law. I understand not letting him travel to Atlanta but I think making him sit on the sideline watching his team play is a good punishment. Let the younger guys step up in his place

Ball st.

May 5, 2012, 11:39 AM

Should be the only game he misses.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First two games minimum,

May 5, 2012, 12:10 PM

WE ARE NOT SCAR!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Dabo is not SOS. That's the issue.

May 5, 2012, 12:16 PM

Dabo actually operates by principle.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic