Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shocked. Shocked! SHOCKED!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Shocked. Shocked! SHOCKED!!!!

Jan 9, 2019, 8:12 PM

I've been binge-watching Post-Natty YouTube videos and the over riding them is shock. Paul Finebaum is shocked. Chris Carter is shocked. Skip and Shannon, the Mikes, Joel and every other sports analysts with a presence on YouTube is shocked that Clemson beat Bama so badly. Life is so very good, go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy it Brother!***

Jan 9, 2019, 8:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Shocked. Shocked! SHOCKED!!!!

Jan 9, 2019, 8:15 PM

We all are, we all are. We knew our tigers could and should win, but i dont think any of us saw that beat down coming!

I expected a double digit win.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:17 PM

Was not shocked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I expected a double digit win.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:40 PM

I did too, but I always assumed the first digit would be a 1.

Dont get me wrong, I EXPECTED to win.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:52 PM

However I did not expect to win by 28 points, i think thats the shocking part to me and a lot of others.

maybe a 10-14 point win. 28 shocked me***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:06 PM [ in reply to I expected a double digit win. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe a 10-14 point win. 28 shocked me***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:07 PM

and could have easily been 35.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm shocked

Jan 9, 2019, 8:18 PM

that they're all shocked.

Of course everyone is shocked.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:22 PM

It was clear to me during the season that from what the ESPiN talking head were saying that they hadn't watched Clemson since Trevor took the helm. The rhetoric got out of hand early and stayed out of hand all year long.

'I'm going to announce my top five.

ALABAMA #5

ALABAMA #4

ALABAMA #3

ALABAMA #2

ALABAMA #1' Stephen A

Everybody else on the ROY bus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course everyone is shocked.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:00 PM

That's hilarious since now Stephen A. Smith is saying Clemson saved college football.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Of course everyone is shocked.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Of course everyone is shocked. ]

Many of the so-called pundits base their predictions on perception. We are constantly being fed this garbage that the SEC is head and shoulders above all other conferences from top to bottom. All conferences have their "haves" and "have nots". How often did we hear the term "but Clemson hasn't played anyone with a pulse"? If anyone challenges those who pose as experts, they are considered brash biased outsiders. Notre Dame is a good example of gaining current undue fame by perception gained from their glory years. Other schools also receive recognition based on success in the past.

Regardless of how we are perceived by experts and wannabes, we can rejoice in the fact we are the undefeated national champions, the only undefeated team in all major conferences and the only team to win 15 games during the season in the last 120 years. Fellow Tigers, we are not in rare company, we sit alone at the top of the hill. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's funny is they fooled each other into believing...

Jan 9, 2019, 8:26 PM

...the nonsense they spew.

The Emperor has no clothes!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It honestly drove home the point

Jan 9, 2019, 8:34 PM

that outside of the Clemson faithful, the national media didn't actually watch our games.The Finebaums, Stephen A Smith's, those other "metrosexual" ESPN people only saw a highlight reel prepared for them by interns.
For me everytime I heard the pundits say,"Clemson hasn't been tested because of their conference games." Yet week in and week out those same talking heads said,"Alabama has dominated all competition.Tua hasn't had to play a 4th quarter game all season." I knew then Clemson had the edge.
Because as we all knew here in Clemson Nation.Our young men HAD in fact been battle tested throughout the season.Dabo, Brent, Scott, Tony, they all knew their team had been through the fire and were better for the big stage than ANY of our 3 opponents in the CFP.
Just goes to show what the media wants you to believe is far different than what is reality.
That's My Take.

The bear watched us. Look at his prediction for both

Jan 9, 2019, 8:36 PM

nd and bama. There was zero doubt in his mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The bear watched us. Look at his prediction for both

Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 PM

Bear also makes his picks without all the fluff and propaganda pitching, which I like.

While I couldn't name a score

Jan 9, 2019, 8:35 PM

I saw that Dabo looked really, really relaxed in interviews. Even more so than usual. I felt like he felt we had it in the bag easy.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:54 PM

It is a GREAT time to be a Clemson Tiger!

Jan 9, 2019, 8:55 PM

WE NEED A MONTAGE!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 8:57 PM

He kept saying his message to the players was "dominate the moment" He even said it in the pregame interview. He really meant it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 8:58 PM

To be honest , I wasn't shocked, but I was surprised it was over in the 2nd quarter. Also, I loved that we beat them into submission. 'bamer players just wanted it over with by the end. I guess they were tired from making all those mental mistakes.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:08 PM

Actually Chris Carter said he was not shocked at all that we beat Bama that bad.

Jan 10, 2019, 3:12 AM

Only thing that shocked me was the refs being as impartial as they were for the most part. I knew we had a much better team, much better talent and coaches as good or better than them going into it.

I just figured it was going to be an ugly game that we had to win against not just Bama but also the zebras after they didn't even CONSIDER targeting by Moses on Trevor and the horrible 'we don't see nuffin' no-calls on some huge holds early and in the redzone that have Dabo going ballistic on the refs for quite a few plays back to back.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic