Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman? LOL What a joke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman? LOL What a joke

Dec 4, 2013, 4:11 PM

Old Baldie can run around the yard ,running hard as he can to get away from Clemson,so give him a trophy..Freaking Moron..Shaw would make Clemson a good 4th team qb though.But He is so damm ugly I wouldnt want him on campus ,however he fits in great over at #### U.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman?

Dec 4, 2013, 4:12 PM

How would we know? we never got close enough to him to get a good look at how he plays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, that is..

Dec 4, 2013, 6:52 PM

funny , I don't care how it was meant ! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### U., huh? Better be very careful how you throw that . .

Dec 5, 2013, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman? ]

kind of language around, oh, ye of a former All-MALE military school that banned women for decades and, even after admitting them, failed to build a women's dorm for NINE years - didn't want too many of 'THEM' around.

We are watching - always.

Just Spurrier taking an

Dec 4, 2013, 4:58 PM

indirect jab at Dabo and Tajh

Re: Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman? LOL What a joke

Dec 4, 2013, 4:59 PM

He's def a good QB on the run; however, a lot of his throws were inaccurate and the receivers couldn't get to them. Other than that, he's not a bad QB. Would take Tajh anyday though

Dec 4, 2013, 5:01 PM

In the SCUjr game? I'll take shaw all day long. Al other games give me Boyd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman? LOL What a joke ]

He's better than Tajh ...especially under pressure ...he has beaten us every year ...every year...
I hope we get a shot at Alabama...we'll see how Tajh performs in another big game opportunity..

Only when he plays us.***

Dec 4, 2013, 5:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Dec 4, 2013, 5:45 PM

He has the same number of interceptions as watkins this year.

Dec 4, 2013, 5:52 PM

Hope u are kidding. What a tacky and classless post.

Dec 4, 2013, 5:54 PM

He's a winner. 26-5 all time record. Undefeated at home, 17-0. I don't care who you are, that's impressive

I tend to agree. Maybe not for Heisman, though. But, I do

Dec 4, 2013, 5:57 PM

have much respect for Shaw. He's a baller.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Dec 4, 2013, 5:55 PM

The only way that would happen would be if the only games they saw of Shaw were the two he started against us.

Dec 4, 2013, 7:42 PM

Please don't comment on what you're ignorant about. I have a request..... just go watch the 4th qtr of the Mizzou game. That's one 15 minute qtr any Heisman trophy winner would be proud of.

Start at 1:46:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71HMGeWDNiQ

Stick to the Clemson threads bud and let the guys that know USC football comment on our players. Thanks

Dec 4, 2013, 8:04 PM

Lol. Do you know where the hail you are?

I'd stick to shutting your mouth and not telling the members here where they should and shouldn't post.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2013, 8:32 PM

talk to the hand

Greg has sent you a friend request......

Dec 4, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Slurrier says Shaw for Heisman? LOL What a joke ]

but you can practice what you preach.....fgf is >>>>>>>>>

Really? Take off the orange colored glasses.***

Dec 4, 2013, 6:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 6:10 PM

BETTER THAN OUR STARTING QB!!!!!!

Thread of the day.......lol***

Dec 4, 2013, 6:58 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Only a jab at Dabo and Tajh******

Dec 4, 2013, 7:00 PM

Dec 4, 2013, 7:02 PM

I'll take Shaw anyday over any player y'all have ever had. Five is my new favorite number to be replaced by 6 next year!

Dec 4, 2013, 8:05 PM

I bet your parents are proud of you for counting that high.

VERRRRRRRRRRYYY GOOD!

pawpaw ... you sound s bit repressed

Dec 4, 2013, 7:50 PM

First you call him ugly. Then you say he belongs at #### U. Sounds like you are fighting some inner demons. Its 2013 buddy. Be proud of who you are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pawpaw ... you sound s bit repressed

Dec 4, 2013, 8:07 PM

He's a baller, but at that position you have to put up gaudy numbers. It's not a career achievement awards, McCarron aside.

I don't think it's a joke. He's got a lot of talent and look

Dec 4, 2013, 7:57 PM

at the other contenders. Still I don't think he beats McCarron or Fatmouth. Winston leads but he hasn't had any competition so not sure what to think about that. Shaw should be in the mix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it's a joke. He's got a lot of talent and look

Dec 4, 2013, 8:01 PM

Nice post TTT. Take a look at his stats vs Teddy and consider the difference in competition. Not a joke at all, actually.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Dec 4, 2013, 8:08 PM

But Teddy has to play behind a subpar offensive line with subpar receivers and subpar runningbacks, which offsets any advantage given by the subpar defense he's going up against.

See how that works? We can play that game all day.

Dec 4, 2013, 8:11 PM

OK, so it balances out, and their stats are pretty equal. So the point is valid, since Teddy is on most short lists.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Dec 4, 2013, 8:36 PM

Agreed. Shaw is just as deserving to be on the ballot as anyone else

NinetyTwo

Dec 4, 2013, 8:07 PM

Those are excellent points now that you mention it....I've never noticed whether Shaw was attractive but apparently Pawpaw doesn't think he's very hot. Also wasn't aware there was a large homosexual population at SC but Pawpaw must be keeping tabs on this.

Pawpaw, if you're picking players for a team to play in the Clemson/SCAR game and it's time to pick your qb everyone takes Shaw over Boyd. Go look at Boyd's stats against SCAR for the last 4 years.....these are his worst games by far, and Shaw looks like a remake of Staubach or Tarkenton in the game.

Shaw for Heisman

Dec 4, 2013, 8:28 PM

As a Gamecock fan even I will say this notion is laughable. Connor barely threw for 2000 yards this season. You need eye popping numbers to be considered for the Heisman, and I doubt voters care about his undefeated home winning streak or impressive overall record as starting QB.
Having said that, I think Ga and Clemson fans would pick Connor over their own QB's who have much more impressive numbers if given the choice. He's a team first QB, who will go down as the greatest winner and team leader in USC history. No shame in that

Re: Shaw for Heisman

Dec 4, 2013, 8:41 PM

If Heisman winners were selected on stats....QBs from June Jones or Mike Leach's offenses would win nearly every year. Or RBs from the service academies that run triple options and rack up a ton of yards.
Stats get you a seat at the table.....winning get's your ### on stage.
Shaw is a winner....that what a Heisman is about

21 TD 1 INT

Dec 4, 2013, 8:31 PM

511 Rushing yards, 5 rushing TD, and he beats his rival.

Re: 21 TD 1 INT

Dec 4, 2013, 8:43 PM

He had as many INTs all season as Sammy Watkins did in the first drive of the game on Saturday

i think he's a great football player and the perfect fit for

Dec 5, 2013, 8:57 AM

what spurrier does now.

if mccarron can't get much run for all he's done, sorry, i don't think conner deserves it either with 2 bad losses.

i also think davis is your heisman winner this year. that kid was having a monster year and made it easy in the play action game. he was the fulcrum most the year.

again, i think connor's a flat out baller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 8:39 PM

Dumba$$, did you watch him play Fla and UT, he sucked!!!!
Great under pressure, you're funny!!!!

Dec 4, 2013, 8:42 PM

Did you watch him play against Mizzou?

Dec 4, 2013, 8:55 PM

He obviously doesn't have the stats to be in the heisman talk. I think he could put up very impressive stats, though. Would like to see what he could have done in an offense like malzahn or morris runs. He would actually fit y'alls system very well.

Shaw had a good season no doubt, but I doubt any of the

Dec 5, 2013, 8:27 AM

national writers noticed. The fact is SC is still a second tier SEC school that no one cares to watch unless they're playing one of the "SEC elite" of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Texas A&M, or Florida (when they're good). Unfortunately for Shaw, his season basically went unnoticed because after the Georgia game in week 2, the average fan/national pundit didn't hear about Shaw again until the Clemson game, and even that game was on ESPN2. I'm not sure it's possible to win the Heisman without a CBS or ABC primetime game.

Also, he's not nearly as good as Jameis Winston who should win easily if he isn't charged.

Re: Shaw had a good season no doubt, but I doubt any of the

Dec 5, 2013, 8:44 AM

sec "elite"??

After this season is over, there will only be 2 sec teams that have finished in the top 10 for 3 straight years.

One is Bama. guess who the 2nd team will be.

I think Shaw is a great QB, but does he have great stats?

Dec 5, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Shaw had a good season no doubt, but I doubt any of the ]

He wins games and is a difference maker, but I'm not sure if he has "Heisman quality" stats. I'll have to look that up.

Re: Shaw had a good season no doubt, but I doubt any of the

Dec 5, 2013, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Shaw had a good season no doubt, but I doubt any of the ]

I think we were noticed in our route of Arkansas, our victory over Missiouri. But in your mind people only watched us play Clemson? This wasn't well thought out by you at all.

You really think Heisman voters watched the SC vs Arkansas

Dec 5, 2013, 9:20 AM

game? The TV coverage for that game was "ESPN GamePlan".

Also, Arkansas went 0-8 in the SEC and lost to Rutgers who is 2-5 in the AAC. Congratulations on that "route" of Arkansas.

I think more people probably watched the Missouri and UCF games, but Shaw played basically 1 and a half quarters of those two games.

Re: You really think Heisman voters watched the SC vs Arkansas

Dec 5, 2013, 9:25 AM

Sorry dude, but we play in a conference that draws more than just mostly regional attention like the acc does. So I'll
just say it this way, people on a national level have seen much more of SC than they have of clemson.

The numbers don't really support your claim....

Dec 5, 2013, 9:36 AM

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

It seems like Clemson's actually had more viewers this year.

Of course, these numbers don't include games that were only on "Gameplan"/ESPN3, but I doubt those numbers are very big if you're looking at the national picture.

Sooooooo ur sayin a 4th team qb beat the Tigers? :-O

Dec 5, 2013, 9:21 AM

partially true because Pharoh Cooper is kind of like our 4th team qb

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic