Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you remember 2015, when Shaq Lawson went down vs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Do you remember 2015, when Shaq Lawson went down vs

Dec 28, 2018, 7:39 AM

Oklahoma? The young freshman Austin Bryant, who had played sparingly that year, had to come in and take over for Shaq, whom had played a monster game up till that point.

I truly though the game would shift with that injury and Oklahoma would take control. I was wrong. Bryant tore it up the rest of the way, including the National Championship.

That feels apropos.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Do you remember 2015, when Shaq Lawson went down vs

Dec 28, 2018, 7:40 AM

Great reminder! Exactly the mind set we all need.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaq was injured on the 1st or 2nd Series of the Game

Dec 28, 2018, 8:43 AM

I was at that Orange Bowl and Shaq went out really early. Without going back to my copy of that game I think he might have had a sack or a tackle for loss but definitely not a monster game. Bryant on the other hand played most of the game and you could say that he had a monster game especially for a Freshman. There did not seem to be a drop off.

Good point though about our depth and our back ups stepping up when called upon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaq was injured on the 1st or 2nd Series of the Game

Dec 28, 2018, 8:48 AM

There was no dropoff at all. I was there too and I honestly don't know if I ever knew he left the game. When you're at the game you don't see a lot of the stuff they point out on TV.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you remember 2015, when Shaq Lawson went down vs

Dec 28, 2018, 11:04 AM

Mackenzie Alexander also was injured, while Deon Cain was suspended for a failed test, too.

Just like then, we won’t be as good, but unlike then, I believe we’re a deeper team and we’ll still be good enough!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic