Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaq Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Shaq Smith

Jan 6, 2020, 9:28 PM

Not to rain on the defense’s parade and their accomplishments, but will we miss the Shaq potential athleticism in this coming game. Of course we will never truly know how he would’ve fit. He seemed on paper and film like a linebacker that could keep up with rbs and tes. Don’t hate me, just a thought of could’ve beens

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaq Smith

Jan 6, 2020, 9:31 PM

We’ve really missed him so far this year.

Message was edited by: greer1®

Jan 6, 2020, 9:34 PM

5 star that never could crack the two deep roster should tell you all you need to know. Nothing agaist Shaw. Will always be great full for his years at Clemson.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:34 PM

not hating on the kid. from all indications, he was a good teammate, did everything asked of him academically. yes, on PAPER he looked like a prototypical LB. unfortunately, he simply didn't perform that way on the FIELD. It happens that way sometimes. doesn't mean he's a bad kid or a failure. sometimes the "gurus" and even the coaches simply miss on a kid.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 6:48 AM

He never played LB. he was learning how to play the position in college. For some that’s a hard transition. Especially if you’ve never played LB. so learning coverages and understanding route trees when you’ve always had your hand in the dirt. He just couldn’t grasp CBVs defens

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:49 PM

Just look at his impact on the Maryland defense this year and you have answered your own question.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 PM

We only get to put 11 men on the field. A little more depth is always nice but I think the effect of having him would have been minimal.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:18 AM

We dont miss him. He had a ton of time at Clemson and barely played. Was he a difference maker for the Terps?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic