Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaq Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Shaq Smith

Sep 21, 2018, 12:07 PM

With Kendall Joseph being out and JD Davis most likely taking his place, can someone explain to me why Shaq Smith doesn't play. The guy was a 5 star on most recruiting websites and has the physical tools to be a good player. My only conclusion is he doesn't understand the playbook and is just kind of on the coaches bad side from a football knowledge standpoint. Wondering if anyone knows anything else?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaq Smith

Sep 21, 2018, 12:09 PM

Redshirt sophomore for one so he has plenty of time to play still. He was also a DE in high school so moving to LB is HUGE adjustment especially in Venables system

Sep 21, 2018, 12:12 PM

he was definitely a MLB his days at IMG

Sep 21, 2018, 12:17 PM

Not until later in his HS career. Was a DE prior to blowing up on the recruiting scene. 247 even has him listed as a DE on their website

https://247sports.com/Player/Shaq-Smith-21501/high-school-34114/

Sep 21, 2018, 12:21 PM

https://247sports.com/Player/Shaq-Smith-21501/high-school-136742/

Sep 21, 2018, 12:44 PM

All I'm saying is he hasn't been an LB his entire hs career

Sep 21, 2018, 12:47 PM

He's been LB long enough lol and longer than a DE now. He's improved a lot this year and has seen a lot more playing time. I expect him to see significant playing time against GT, it doesn't matter if Davis starts....Smith will probably see just as many snaps.

Sep 21, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Shaq Smith ]

DOD was a RB until he came to Clemson and he was a starter by that point in his career.

Nope, that can't be right because tnet was mad that

Sep 21, 2018, 12:11 PM

the Davis twins were given scholarships. No way one of them would start over a 4 or 5 star player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nice story and all, glad the Judge's children get to see the

Sep 21, 2018, 12:22 PM

field, but neither of them would sniff a start at any of the other schools in the Top 5

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call BS

Sep 21, 2018, 12:28 PM

Our defense is one of the best in the country, if not THE best. If they can get a start at Clemson they could earn their way at Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and/or Oklahoma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Our D isn't the best in the Country, we have holes in the

Sep 21, 2018, 1:28 PM

backend and neither would start at Bama, Georgia or OSU

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice story and all, glad the Judge's children get to see the

Sep 21, 2018, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Nice story and all, glad the Judge's children get to see the ]

And you know this how?

I'm not thrilled about the injury, or that Shaq Smith is listed 3rd on the depth chart btw. But, are you implying that Dabo / Venables are playing Davis as a favor to his father?

I can hear it now..."Brent, I like winning and all but I think we need to play the Davis kid to keep his dad happy" Venables: "Yeah, I hear you coach, we don't want to #### Jeff Davis off".

If Davis is starting it's because he gives Clemson the best chance to win; it's not a chrity case.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice story and all, glad the Judge's children get to see the

My theory is Shaq smith is definitely more talented than the davis twins but hes too uneducated to grasp his scheme.

Do you have any evidence to support your theory or

Sep 21, 2018, 12:47 PM

are you just assuming he's "uneducated?"

I've got a theory about posters with a 41% pulse rate, but

Sep 21, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice story and all, glad the Judge's children get to see the ]

but, I'm probably just stereotyping without any particular proof.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep... BS.***

Sep 21, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Nice story and all, glad the Judge's children get to see the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe because he as 2 seniors in front of him that have significant playing time in big time games and have proven they deserve to play. Nothing against Shaq but he has too much talent in front of him to just take over immediately. He'll get his chances this year and next will be his time to shine. Anyone that don't believe that J.D. Davis doesn't deserve to start needs to look at last year and how he preformed when called upon. #WETOODEEP

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 12:50 PM

Starting and snaps are 2 dif things. I can see Shaq and Davis splitting the snaps, BV has raved all season about how much Shaq as improved. Davis has earned the right to start, but the Shaq will be on the field.

how much he plays will depend on score and how much rest

Sep 21, 2018, 4:47 PM

JD needs- there is not an "or" by their names to my recollection. Couple that with JD's experience in games and particularly with GT's O, this really isn't the type of game where I see a 50/50 split on plays even if they thought Smith was getting to the point of reaching his potential.

Tre Lamar

Sep 21, 2018, 5:03 PM

Tre Lamar walked in the door the same time as Shaq Smith. He is not sitting behind a Davis. Didn't sit behind him last year either. It's a performance/training issue. Dabo and company play the best players. For whatever reason, some Tnetters just don't agree with the coaches. I am not sure what they have as a basis for their evaluation.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic