Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shaq Lawson - when's the update supposed to come out on his health?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,291

Shaq Lawson - when's the update supposed to come out on his health?

Jan 4, 2016, 12:16 PM

He had his MRI this morning correct?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's got a presser in a few minutes.***

Jan 4, 2016, 12:16 PM

Re: Shaq Lawson - when's the update supposed to come out on his health?

Jan 4, 2016, 12:21 PM

MRI showed no tear.

So he is dealing with a MCL sprain. Recovery varies from person to person. It all depends on how much pain Lawson can tolerate. I am sure he will be shot up before the game and go as long as he can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, and sprains have varying degrees.

Jan 4, 2016, 12:37 PM

A sprain is essentially a strain if you think about it. A tendon, ligament, etc. gets stretched. Such as in the ankle, the degree of sprain goes from minimal all the way to the worst kind of sprain which is a tear. Here, they've said it's not a tear. But, again a sprain could be anywhere from just barely to quite significant almost a tear. If it is able to be seen on MRI, it is at least significant. I'm glad we got ice on it almost immediately and sat him. I'm glad that Bryant too played lights out. I really don't think there is a lot we can guess about this until we see him out there. Will he be in a brace? Will he be able to cut? Definitely would never question his manhood. If it's just about pain, he's got this . . . Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaq Lawson - when's the update supposed to come out on his health?

Jan 4, 2016, 12:46 PM

If Shaq plays, he won't be near 100%. This huge for us because Shaq is a pass rusher and his TFL's , but he is also a bookend that shuts down the run, and PLAYS assignment football. He is disciplined and where is supposed to be. Shaq has a real high football IQ. And he has the heart of 20 men. It worries me from a game standpoint, but more importantly, Shaq the person. I don't think they could keep him off the field if it's just a sprain. I am worried about them going for his knees. I'm not sure Shaq @ 30-50% is worth the risk. I just don't see how we replace him. Bryant will do a great job and is a future STUD, but no one shuts down the run the way Shaq does at this stage of their career. I know this is not what some will want to hear, some will call me a coot, but Shaq is one of my alltime favorite Tigers, on and off the field

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic