Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shame on idiots for complaining about Will Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Shame on idiots for complaining about Will Swinney

Nov 29, 2018, 3:46 PM

Could we use that spot for a higher value recruit? Sure we could. But nothing compares to the value Dabo has brought to our program. Giving him a little joy in return for all he gives, is a smart and simple thing to do.
Plus, Will has done a great job so quit complaining. End of rant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shame on idiots for complaining about Will Swinney

Nov 29, 2018, 3:49 PM

There is definitely no shortage of idiots here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's done a great job on special teams as the holder

Nov 29, 2018, 3:55 PM

Hasn't botched a hold in 2 years, and gives us an option for fakes since he's a WR and is relatively small. I have no problem with him being on the team. The "preferred walk-on" designation seems to be there to be used at the coach's discretion. Kinda the same with Herbstreit's kids. Neither seem like they have the size that most kids have at those positions - far from it. But I'm pretty sure CDS has proven he knows what he's doing.

Re: He's done a great job on special teams as the holder

Nov 30, 2018, 7:44 AM

I read somewhere that they were both 2* kids which to my mind means they have enough athletic ability to contribute. I doubt if the referred to idiots will agree with me, but I expect them to work their tails off to make their family proud of the decision to play at Clemson.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:08 PM

Whose complaining, he sure held on to that fair catch when he got popped, looks pretty sure handed

He saved 2 extra points last week. The long snapping was not

Nov 29, 2018, 4:18 PM

crisp at all against USuC. That's why Huegel missed the FG.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:23 PM

Voice on TV: We need to make Gotham City safe for DECENT PEOPLE......Joker: Decent people shouldn't LIVE here...They'd be happier somewhere else...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even care if he gives scholarships to

Nov 29, 2018, 4:24 PM

the likes of GWPTiger and Frances Marion.

The former would lawyer his way out of penalties, while the latter would put on one he1l of a halftime show!

12-0............Who's got a right to complain?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Nov 29, 2018, 6:01 PM

Thanks for the laugh Hartins!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 4:46 PM

Who's complaining , he's a great kid, good player, I wish Dabo had 10 more just like him

nobody is complaining, you've been trolled

Nov 29, 2018, 4:51 PM

trolls make baseless accusations daily on here to stir the pot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Shame on idiots for complaining about Will Swinney ]

If you read the threads there have been multiple whiners about him. Pretty sure they fall in to one of three categories: cheapskates,
2% ers, or chronic complainers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 5:00 PM

I was not aware of any complaints. But, I have NO problem at all with him being there, starting at holder. I think he does a jam up job. I just wish they would have awarded the scholarship to another team member. I am fairly certain Dabo can afford to pay his way to Clemson. I'm sure there are players who need that money more. Even if it wasn't a coach's kid....like say Herbie's kids coming to Clemson. Or some other famous/rich person. If they can easily afford it, let's help out some kid whose mom is working 2 jobs and he works at Bojangles every night after practice.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:06 PM

Some people didn't get enough attention from their mama .

They lay in bed and think of obnoctious Posts that will get them noticed .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:05 PM

Have you listened to the crowd when Will appears onscreen during the pregame video introductions? The only people who are cheered more than Will are Renfrow, Wilkins, & Dabo.

We call those coots... never mind them. They aren’t

Nov 29, 2018, 10:17 PM

Very hard to spot. Just look for the 3rd grade logic.

Who is complaining about Will Swinney?

Nov 29, 2018, 10:33 PM

I haven't seen any complaints about him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Who is complaining about Will Swinney?

Nov 29, 2018, 10:45 PM

Multiple complaints in various threads. Petty, ridiculous griping. Apologies for popping off but to begrudge this coach a moment of personal happiness is pathetic.
After the “win is a loss” lunacy, I wasn’t in the mood to let it go anymore.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:44 PM

"Could we use that spot for a higher value recruit? Sure we could."

I'm a little confused. If the above statement is in fact true, then it would be wrong to give that spot to Will Swinney, no?

I won't complain about it but it's not right. Unfortunately this kind of favoritism plagues sports from pee wee all the way to college ball.....

Nov 29, 2018, 10:48 PM

If you don’t see the value then perhaps you’d prefer a losing team with no coaches sons on it. Gamecocks fit that.

Nov 29, 2018, 11:44 PM

The “value”? What does that mean?

Has Dabo threatened to quit if his son doesn’t get to play?

they dont' understand the "family" aspect that every recruit

Nov 30, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Shame on idiots for complaining about Will Swinney ]

expresses as a positive when they visit..i assume at Carolina there is no family atmosphere and an attitude that the family/relatable factor is not necessary for a football team..at least thats the what i assume by looking at the results on the field. Only thing i see is a bunch of whiners that mock what winners do.

The Losers are always worried about the Winners and The Winners are always worried about Winning. Just check those pulse numbers and understand who the Losers are when you check T-Net forums.

Re: they dont' understand the "family" aspect that every recruit

Nov 30, 2018, 10:30 AM

Give me a break. You think recruits are impressed because Dabo gave a spot to his son? That’s ridiculous.

It is what it is. Sometimes it’s about who you know not how good you are. Like I said I won’t complain about it but I won’t ignore the reality of the situation either and if someone is going to start a delusional thread about it well....

just saying its part of it...if it was a problem then Dabo

Nov 30, 2018, 2:50 PM

wouldn't do it. So stop worrying about Clemson and worry about Akron.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Shame on idiots for complaining about Will Swinney ]

Knew you would pop up, just couldn’t stand it could you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Please post a single example.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:30 AM

I've not seen anyone complaining at all. You reference "various threads", but haven't posted any concrete evidence.

Nobody - and I mean literally nobody: fans, players, TNET members, etc - has complained about Will receiving a preferred walk-on spot. If he was straight up offered a scholarship, that would have been different. But he wasn't. He has had to earn his spot and he's done just that.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Please post a single example.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:33 AM

Then you don’t read Tnet threads because yes they have. Multiple times. The day I posted it there was a thread that referred to him sarcastically several times. It’s not the headline but in the thread. If it doesn’t apply to you, terrific.

like i said previously...those are coot trolls. whenever you

Nov 30, 2018, 2:54 PM

see something puzzling or lacking depth or a point its one of our feathered friends bored with nothing to do. Just make fun of them and move on with your day. As many play makers as we have on this team..we aren't lacking for much of anything.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:43 AM

I have seen maybe 1 or 2 post made by trolls about WS. The OP is the kind of crap this is idiotic. Why make a whole thread over something that’s not an issue. I guess you thought you would get a lot of TUs.

Nov 30, 2018, 3:31 PM

Will Swinney was one of the walk-ons that was given a scholarship for this year when we had some left after recruiting so we did not turn away any recruits because of the offer. If someone wants to argue that it could have been given to someone that had a greater financial need there might be some merit, but nobody can make an argument that any recruits were affected by a scholarship given over the summer.

Nov 30, 2018, 3:34 PM

Who was complaining?

Nov 30, 2018, 3:48 PM

I haven’t noticed anyone saying anything negative. I’m not sure how they could. Will is a great young man and a very good athlete. He is helping the team and honestly I can see a lot of improvement in him. I think he’s an asset. Just my opinion.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:00 PM

Amen!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic