Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shakin the Southland...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 104
| visibility 51

Shakin the Southland...

Aug 18, 2012, 12:24 AM

earlier tonight i was looking at the web for some more clemson news to satisfy my TIGER craving. i found this one one site called "shakin the southland". i was really happpy because i saw that it was sb nation and i like some of their blogs (talkingchop, thefalcoholic my user= #Braves. after reading some post i was literally depressed. they weer bashing on dabo for suspending sammy. and saying that we need to move to the Big 12. they were some of thee most negative and overall disturbing post i have read.

"All in all the freakin time"
-Dabo Swinney

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't waste your time...

Aug 18, 2012, 12:32 AM

with that group. They'll never be happy until Clemson gets back to the 1980s and that isn't going to happen.

Without a Delorean.***

Aug 18, 2012, 1:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of, did you see this at the Giants game?

Aug 18, 2012, 1:09 AM

Talk about sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV2x3an3ia8

STS is a good read

Aug 18, 2012, 1:26 AM [ in reply to Don't waste your time... ]

I've always found Dr. B knows his stuff. They don't sugar coat it over there so if you want sunshine and lollipops then don't go over there but if you want it straight then that is the place for you.

They also have a newer recruiting guy Quakingtiger who is pretty good. I enjoy reading it but can see why others wouldn't find it to be their cup of tea.

it's funny, i tell it like it is, don't sugar coat it; sts

Aug 18, 2012, 1:32 AM

is 95% pure horse crap.

the x and o stuff i've seen was good, the commentary is pure venom. nothing straight about it, biased with an obvious angry agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The x and o stuff, is cutting an pasting from books on….

Aug 18, 2012, 1:45 AM

football play, those guys don't write that stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're opposed to compilations or just don't like theirs?***

Aug 18, 2012, 6:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't disclose that they cut and paste this stuff….

Aug 18, 2012, 9:09 AM

as a website they claim to know and have insight in the game of college football and they don't. If they want to post something they got from another website or a book, then fine but they need to point out what website or book they got it from. There are a ton of books by college coaches on offensive and defensive schemes that are available at book stores, but cutting and pasting certain sections from a book doesn't mean you are providing an analysis of the team you are claiming to cover.

Re: they don't disclose that they cut and paste this stuff….

Aug 18, 2012, 9:36 AM

Can you prove that their cutting and pasting?

Surely you can do a little research to back up your conspiracy theory.

Agree there is an agenda, they have some interesting stuff

Aug 18, 2012, 9:44 AM [ in reply to you're opposed to compilations or just don't like theirs?*** ]

sometimes but never miss a chance to take pot shots at Dabo or S&C. Far more negative than anything else. I don't mind an homest opinion, but one that has an agenda claiming they are just "speaking the truth" is pretty easy to spot

please explain this "agenda" they would really like to

Aug 18, 2012, 8:55 AM [ in reply to it's funny, i tell it like it is, don't sugar coat it; sts ]

achieve? Seems to us they just want us to win. Pretty simple and positive agenda going on over there.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

More like it seems they are still bitter over the…...

Aug 18, 2012, 9:16 AM

firing/forced resignation of Danny Ford back in the Spring of 1990, and that they want nothing more than to see Clemson fail because of this bitterness they have been holding onto for 22 years. On their "analysis" of the recent 4 star recruits that committed to us, they say nothing but negative things about these highly rated recruits.

Oh yeah, it was beyond pathetic when they posted an article from a supposed 18 year old 5'8" 140 pound kid, that claimed his brother tried to walk on at Clemson and had a S&C program book from Clemson. This kid went on to state that P90x was better for him. Of course that was better for him. D1 college football S&C programs aren't meant for 140 pounders. The fact that STS posted something that moronic, shows the level of idiocy those jokers at that website have.

They didn't post that.

Aug 18, 2012, 9:32 AM

That's called a fan article. They didn't post that. It's called a "community"...that part of the site is basically a message forum like this.

Look, they say some douchey stuff sometimes. But there's no need in spreading lies just because you don't like the site.

Yes they did post that, it was on their website on their...

Aug 18, 2012, 9:36 AM

front page. It was not posted in a message forum. It was posted just like the articles of Dr. B and figurefour. I'm not spreading lies, I'm just telling the truth about that website. You're free to love it, but the fact is they are clueless.

Re: Yes they did post that, it was on their website on their...

Aug 18, 2012, 3:33 PM

STS hates batson and that is clear, but saying they copy paste their xs and os?

you sound more bitter than you make them out to be.

Sounds like somebody got banned from their site...lol

angry/venom were the words i would have focused on, so maybe

Aug 18, 2012, 11:48 AM [ in reply to please explain this "agenda" they would really like to ]

HERPADERPDERP LMAO AT STS DERPDERP might help?

Anyone not pumping sunshine or kissing Dabo's rear has an

Aug 18, 2012, 10:45 PM [ in reply to please explain this "agenda" they would really like to ]

anti-Clemson agenda. Didn't you know that?

they don't even have real names….

Aug 18, 2012, 1:44 AM [ in reply to STS is a good read ]

all those supposed contributors could be one person

Lol... right.***

Aug 18, 2012, 8:59 AM

Most of Tnet likes the kool aid and candy apples. Anything

Aug 18, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to STS is a good read ]

remotely objective or accurately critical is bashed by the crybabies as being anti-Clemson or cootish. In their little delusions, a true Clemson fan drinks kool aid and pumps sunshine 24/7/365.

I like the blog

Aug 18, 2012, 5:33 AM [ in reply to Don't waste your time... ]

Agreed that they have very high aspirations for Clemson athletics, and dont shy away from criticism but I don't have a problem with that. I like the blog and they tend to be well informed and provide interesting and intelligent commentary on most topics. It's not for everyone though.

I agree.***

Aug 18, 2012, 7:41 AM

agreed. been reading them for a while. they're one of the

Aug 18, 2012, 9:00 AM [ in reply to I like the blog ]

few that tell it like it is... it's not an angry agenda... at least we would think that them wanting us to be the very best is not an angry agenda.

thats not how pumpers see it.***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:48 PM

Re: I like the blog

Aug 18, 2012, 6:21 PM [ in reply to I like the blog ]

Agreed. There ate lots of different ways to be a fan. Some are naturally critical (because they care) and for some the team can do no wrong. Neither view is wrong necessarily.

They sometimes are a bit over the top with the criticism,

Aug 18, 2012, 7:43 AM

however, they don't just write everything through orange-colored glasses either, everything is perfect, etc.

Re: Respect

Aug 18, 2012, 8:28 AM

JMO, but I lose respect for anyone that has to bash others to get their point across. We all know Clemson athletics isn't always sunshine and lollipops and sometimes we need a dose of reality, but the utter disrespect that site shows our coaches, players and administration is disgusting.

They say they "tell it like it is" and when Clemson does good they will certainly recognize it. The problem is, in those few and far between times that Dabo and staff don't draw the ire of "Dr. B" the praise is filled with backhanded compliments.

Clearly they have an agenda and as another poster said, SBNation is usually pretty good, but for whatever reason Shakinthesouthland is totally different then most of their counterparts

Re: Respect

Aug 18, 2012, 8:57 AM

There's a fine line between straight-shooter and d!khead and those guys have no idea where that line is.

My and their agenda is simple .... shut up, stop the excuses

Aug 18, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Respect ]

and start winning. Stop the bipolar inconsistent play and gross under achieving.

Re: Shakin the Southland...

Aug 18, 2012, 8:37 AM

It's a crap site.

They hide behind the cover of not pumping sunshine, but they have an agenda. They do not tolerate opposing views. I read that site for years without posting but one day i just couldnt take the nonsense anymore and wanted to put my two cents in. Nothing vulgar, just a different take.

One post and I was banned.

They criticize every move dabo makes, calls him and the players that arent up to their standards names, and generally think their perspectives are the ONLY way to go.

They are out to get dabo and it shows. They barely give credit for success and when they do it is a backhanded compliment as others here have pointed out.

It's funny to see a bunch of computer hacks that never played this game talk about blocking schemes and personnel assignments like they are coaches for the green bay packers.

Telling it straight is fine, but that crowd is clearly agenda driven and it's a shame.

not true.

Aug 18, 2012, 9:02 AM

they're just not scared to publicly say what they think about him and his decisions. THEY ALSO will give him the credit he deserves when it is deserved. They want to see Dabo succeed... but more importantly, they want to see CLEMSON succeed.

They didn't give him credit for winning the acc championship

Aug 18, 2012, 9:23 AM

for the first time in 20 years. They didn't give him credit when we beat the ranked teams of Auburn, FSU, and VT in consecutive weeks. They didn't give him credit for beating VT twice in one season. They didn't give him credit for Clemson being the first team to with hold VT from scoring a TD in Lane Stadium since 1995. They didn't give him credit for Clemson having it's first 10 win season in 21 years. They still refuse to give him credit for all the great recruiting he has done, going back to the time when he was an assistant.

Re: They didn't give him credit for winning the acc championship

Aug 18, 2012, 9:49 AM

Not true, go back and read Quackingtiger posts. He gives Dabo credit for being a great recruiter. They also did give credit for the ACC Champs but said getting blown out in the Orange Bowl was embarrassing. Anyone down there for the game would undoubtedly agree.

You do remember we had a 6-7 season recently right? I like Dabo and the current direction but he isn't Saban or something, not deserving of any criticism.

LOL.... I call bull$hit because they did.***

Aug 18, 2012, 9:51 AM [ in reply to They didn't give him credit for winning the acc championship ]

Re: LOL.... I call bull$hit because they did.***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:00 AM

Yeah. Before I ever saw the site, I had a bad impression. I actually found it when someone posted it on this message board a while back...ironically enough.

So I made special note to see if they ever gave credit where it was due..and they usually do.

They call us out on two things that have killed us the past few years: lack of mental preparation and toughness when we get blown out against teams like NC State...and weak offensive line play.

I don't think any rational person can talk about those two recurring issues without getting a little irritated. It's been a problem since Bowden was here.

uh, no they didn't, they have never given Dabo credit...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:02 AM [ in reply to LOL.... I call bull$hit because they did.*** ]

for anything

you have no clue what you're talking about***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:10 AM

No STS doesn't have a clue, and it will be hilarious...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:11 AM

to see them keep on being negative as the football program continues to move into the right direction.

Re: No STS doesn't have a clue, and it will be hilarious...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:15 AM

There won't be anything to be negative about if our offensive line starts playing like a Clemson offensive line should, and Clemson stops getting blown out in games.

Go undefeated and win the MNC and there won't be any negative things to talk about at the end of the season.

I think every true Clemson fan should want that. And not just get butthurt when someone criticizes their favorite coach.

So you're saying anything less than a national title is a...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:18 AM

failure. It makes perfect sense why you love STS. 2011 ACC champs, first acc title in 20 years, first 10 win season in 21 years, beat ranked teams in 3 consecutive games in 2011, beat VT twice in one season, first team to hold VT without a TD in Lane Stadium since 1995. Try to deny those facts.

Re: So you're saying anything less than a national title is a...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:22 AM

I'm not denying any facts.

Try to deny that EVERY TEAM'S GOAL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON IS THE BE THE BEST IN THE NATION.

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the things you listed. All I'm saying is a team isn't immune to criticism until it's the best in the nation. Is that unfair?

Stop being so emotional and think about that for a minute.

Drop your emotions and obsession with STS….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:26 AM

I didn't say that there shouldn't be any criticism. By the way, I went to the Orange Bowl, and mailed my tickets to TDP telling him to either refund my money or go out and get us a better defensive coordinator. STS isn't about criticism, their about seeing Clemson fail because they are still bitter about the firing/forced resignation of Danny Ford back in 1990. The whole 2011 season I was critical of Kevin Steele. I was critical of Dabo after the 6-7 season we had in 2010. There is a big difference in criticism, and just wanting to see someone fail.

Re: Drop your emotions and obsession with STS….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:29 AM

That's just like your opinion, man.

Advice: STAY FAR AWAY FROM THAT WEBSITE IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY.

Re: Drop your emotions and obsession with STS….

Aug 18, 2012, 1:33 PM

he has to stay away , he was banned so he cant "express" himself about how big a meany DrB is.

so what was tdp response to you***

Aug 18, 2012, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Drop your emotions and obsession with STS…. ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're saying anything less than a national title is a...

Aug 18, 2012, 3:33 PM [ in reply to So you're saying anything less than a national title is a... ]

And got killed in 4 games,try to deny that fact!

Not sure what color of glasses you are reading through but

Aug 18, 2012, 9:29 AM [ in reply to not true. ]

they definately need cleaning.

Aug 18, 2012, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Shakin the Southland... ]

How do you know they aren't coaches.

What about their football persepctive is wrong? Can you point out any errors in their breakdown and analysis?

It amazes me that people get bent out of shape when people breakdown gametape and blocking schemes...and say "they don't know what they are talking about because they aren't coaches"....just because they aren't smart enough to understand football themselves.

You don't have to be a coach to see what's going on on gameday. The same things happen in front of the coaches that happen in front of the fans.

Coaches are decision makers and planners. They don't hold the key to the football knowledge vault. Anyone can learn about the game.

Cutting and pasting from books and other websites….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:05 AM

does not equal football knowledge.

Re: Cutting and pasting from books and other websites….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:09 AM

Tell me what site they copy and paste this type of stuff from: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/9/29/2451401/florida-state-game-film-review

Hard to copy and paste a play by play film review of the Clemson team.

That wasn't cutting and pasting, but it shows their….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:15 AM

ignorance even more. He was claiming we were playing zone against FSU, when it is well known that under Kevin Steele we hardly used zone at all. Against FSU, we played man coverage pretty much the whole game, that's how FSU was able to stay in the game. They can't even tell the difference between man coverage and zone coverage.

Re: That wasn't cutting and pasting, but it shows their….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:18 AM

Whatever dude.

I'm watching the game right now and going along with their play by play. There are a few subjective points I a disagree with (i.e. which OL was responsible for blocking a LB), but all in all, it's pretty cut and dry.

You're just being delusional now.

Re: Cutting and pasting from books and other websites….

Aug 18, 2012, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Cutting and pasting from books and other websites…. ]

When you accuse someone of plagiarism you better have some facts to back it up. So, please find one unattributed quote on their website and provide the links here. Since you've made this unsupported accusation several times here and haven't bothered to offer proof, at this point I have to assume you're making this up.

Happy to have you prove me wrong, but I'll need proof before I believe you.

Re: Just curious

Aug 18, 2012, 9:12 AM

How does referring to Tigernet as "tardnet", calling Jon Secada an "asshat" and making numerous dispariging remarks directed at Don Munson make Clemson athletics better?

I don't think anyone has a problem with differing opinions. The problem is the utter lack of class they show to anyone they don't deem up to their standards.

Aug 18, 2012, 9:21 AM

Agreed. They call dabo the sweatshirt, dumbo, etc. always making something out of nothing trying to start a controversy, the most recent trying to make an issue out of dabo and venables supposedly contradicting each other regarding steward's redshirt.

Those that post on there cant wipe the dribble from "dr.b" off their chin.

Its because if they dont suck up to him, mr. Know it all god himself when it comes to clemson athletics will ban them out of his little kingdom.

What crap will he spew when clemson makes the mnc?

Aug 18, 2012, 9:45 AM

I post my disagreement overs there and don't get banned.

You're being a bit dramatic.

They're worse than FGF at banning posters who don't tow….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:08 AM

the company line.

Re: They're worse than FGF at banning posters who don't tow….

Aug 18, 2012, 11:18 AM

Oh thats it , you got banned there . your internet world collapsed because STS did not care about your opinion . Tell it to your therapists .

Aug 18, 2012, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Just curious ]

same here , in fact everyone on this site can look at the comments section about the AD search and clearly see that my self(I use the same screen name) and DrB disagree but I did not get banned . cry babies gonna cry

Aug 18, 2012, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Just curious ]

Come on, the sunshine pumping here on Tigernet can be very extreme (although I agree that the use of '####' is just offensive), Secada wants fireworks this year--enough said, and Munson can be over the top and certainly deserves some backhanded comments.

Like I said before the site is not for all, but I don't agree with other posters who say that Dr. B and company know their stuff. They also have a new recruiting guy who is a pretty good read and just writes about recruiting.

I like the site, but it can be overly pessimistic at times..

Aug 18, 2012, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Just curious ]

You just have to develop your own opinions. I sometimes find their posts to be overly critical, and I also think that they have a tendency to overestimate their own knowledge of football and the Clemson program. However, it's good to see a different viewpoint and I do find their posts to be generally well-written. I think STS has it's place in the world of Clemson information; I read it/comment frequently but also know sometimes I'm not going to agree - which is fine.

Re: I like the site, but it can be overly pessimistic at times..

Aug 18, 2012, 10:03 AM

^^^This.

Not to sound like a egghead, but a lot of the posters who don't like the site are cleary expressing feelings of cognitive dissonance.

When you read something you're not used to, don't agree with or isn't consistent with your paradigm...the first instinct is to reject it and to hate it and to be confused by the point of view.

Take a site like Tigernet...I love it. Everything is positive all the time, or at least casted in a positive light. Then STS...most of the stuff is critical like a "never good enough" mentality.

I think both points of views can coexist. Yin and yang. The rational point of view is probably somewhere in between.

Everything positive all the time on tnet? There have been...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:07 AM

millions of negative posts on this website over the years.

Re: Everything positive all the time on tnet? There have been...

I'm talking about David's blog posts. He does a good job. But the board would go crazy if he ever wrote anything really critical of the team or coaching staff.

And there's a place for that. I don't mind it.

Re: Sorry

Aug 18, 2012, 9:30 AM

I just don't understand degrading someone to get your point across.

When you read them daily you'll figure them out.

They are slanderous and disrespectful of Clemson. Very little credit where it's due and almost always present a negative perspective.

They won't be satisfied until the entire Clemson staff is fired, from the BOT to the waterboy. At that point they would put themselves in charge and close the University for lack of resources to properly run a football team.

They are the type of people I wouldn't hire, work for or with. The type of people who suffer from their own venom.

They are a great resource for coots like Blue Caddy, E13 and amandale who search out bad things about our program and try to pawn a negative spin as constructive criticism.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you read them daily you'll figure them out.

Aug 18, 2012, 10:17 AM

They have 3 goals:

1) Win the ACC
2) Beat the Coots
3) Win the MNC

What am I missing? Should we trade sunshine and butterflies for a few ugly losses every year. Or bust balls in hopes of achieving the big football goals?

2011 ACC champs, and they still gave no credit for that...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:21 AM

you just proved that they are negative and want nothing more than to see Clemson fail.

Re: 2011 ACC champs, and they still gave no credit for that...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:23 AM

You weren't a philosophy major were you?

Can you explain how wanting to win the ACC, beat our rivals and be the best team in the nation is wanting Clemson to fail?

It doesn't compute.

When you act like it's the end of the world after winning...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:29 AM

our first conference title in 20 years, and our first 10 win season in 21 years, then yes it does compute that STS wants nothing more than for Clemson to fail.

Re: When you act like it's the end of the world after winning...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:32 AM

No, it doesn't.

Not wanting to be blown out 4 times in the same year is not wanting Clemson to fail. Quite the opposite.

But you're obviously very emotional about the whole situation. I've read a lot of your posts, and your'e clearly a megalomanic who thinks that your opinion is right and that any other perspective isn't valuable. So it's useless having any further discussion.

Re: When you act like it's the end of the world after winning...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:58 AM

> No, it doesn't.
>
> Not wanting to be blown out 4 times in the same year
> is not wanting Clemson to fail. Quite the opposite.
>
> But you're obviously very emotional about the whole
> situation. I've read a lot of your posts, and your'e
> clearly a megalomanic who thinks that your opinion is
> right and that any other perspective isn't valuable.
> So it's useless having any further discussion.

shakinthesouthland is so hated because of one of my favorite quotes of all time " in the land of lies the honest man is the villian" .

says the person who tmailed me to further an argument***

Aug 18, 2012, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: When you act like it's the end of the world after winning... ]

Aug 18, 2012, 10:56 AM [ in reply to When you read them daily you'll figure them out. ]

One thing I will definitely agree with you on is the remarkable similarity with the wording and sentiment between one/some of the STS main writers and bluecootielowcountryraconcootie....they have an anti-Clemson agenda and have since the site first opened;... they cannot tolerate differing opinions (particularly when one takes issue with the sledgehammer negativity in nearly every article on that site) without resorting to name-calling or belittling the poster---just as bluecootie does by immediately calling anyone who disagrees with his incessantly boring anti-Clemson, anti-Dabo, anti-PresBarker, anti-TDP, a "kool-aid drinking commie liberal".

Those kind of responses generally indicate a low intellectual capability coupled with total insecurity of accepting a differing opinion as valid.

Plus, I find most of these folks just full of dung.

You can find many, many critical posts on Tigernet about coaching, player misdeeds, etc that don't immediately start criticizing the University or particular sports program as a whole. The STS folks and bluecootielowcountryraconcootie have a great deal of difficulty separating those things.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2012, 11:11 AM

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/16454801/wvu-turns-doubters-to-believers-in-orange-bowl

this is why they write the way they do . read it and weep , our players were candy ##### and the support programs around the football team needed to have their ### handed to them . if STS is wrong then why the change in the strength and conditioning , why the training table and why does Dabo call them out in the press . Ill tell you why because they are right and sometimes telling the truth and being right hurts peoples ego and feelings . things are changing but to the people on tardnet its changing because of Dabo , I say its changing because of people like DrB and figurefour . Simply demanding the best and calling out the people that dont deliever.

Aug 18, 2012, 12:17 PM

Wipe the STS jjizz off your chin, bubba.

The fact that ou believe a blog writer is the reason for change in a major college football program is obsurd.

Dr. B, figure four, and who ever else they have over there with clever screennames obsessed with pointing out every mistake the athletic department makes couldnt coach their way out of a wet paper bag.

They take themselves so seriously over there like they really can affect something in the program.

What a joke.

Aug 18, 2012, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: When you read them daily you'll figure them out. ]

Doesn't the "not tolerating differing opinions" apply just as much to T-Net as STS?

Have you been around here lately?

"Have I been around here lately"?

Aug 18, 2012, 11:41 AM

Not just lately.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2012, 11:06 AM

I don't think anyone has a problem with what their goals for Clemson are and as an analytical site they have some redeeming value. I also would say that they do present some valid arguments that I agree with.

That said, I think the problem myself and others have is the way they go about voicing there opinions. This has nothing to do with being a "pumper or a dumper", I have no problem with pointing out areas that we as a program can improve . But demeaning the coaches, adminastration and young men who are dedicated to our beloved university is classless.

Aug 18, 2012, 11:07 AM

from the site

-Sammy Watkins is suspended for the first two games of the season for his trouble this offseason. I completely support the 2-game choice by Swinney.

I like it better than the sunshine factory that is TNet

Aug 18, 2012, 11:41 AM

Tigernet is nothing more than a site run by blind loyalist for blind loyalist.

Amen. Point. It's like high school. Pumpers = cheerleaders

Aug 18, 2012, 10:58 PM

and they think they are the cool kids and bully and ridicule anyone even remotely objective or critical.

Yawn......

Aug 18, 2012, 11:02 PM

pumpers, kool-aid drinkers, cheerleaders, commies, liberals---a plethora of folks who just can't and won't see it your way

I heartily urge you to leave this disreputable site and never return...for your own peace of "mind".

Obviously, being on Tigernet is disturbing to the passenger in last seat on the short bus.....

Site is just venom towards Dabo and all admin

Aug 18, 2012, 11:58 AM

Look at my post about their tweets. Bashing the team during our win in Blacksburg
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1009198

They also left out a lot of commons sense and facts on their S&C article. Complaining about Da'Quan only gaining 10 pounds was wrong since he put on 20 before his sophmore year, then shed some of it (before the junior year) when he lost his explosiveness

Re: Site is just venom towards Dabo and all admin

Aug 18, 2012, 1:30 PM

http://theavenueofchampions.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=1

no venom , just numbers

Aug 18, 2012, 1:46 PM

Quoting a site that calls are players "Renny" and "Dequan" is hardly a good start to a solid argument.

Plus the fact that it doesn't change Branch put on 35 pounds and Da'quan only needed 10

Aug 18, 2012, 6:51 PM

my answer to that is it took 5 years to put 35 lbs on a player that is 6'5" tall and South Carolina took a player in Clowney and made him produce as a true freshman and DaQuan did not produce until he was a junior . care to explain?

easy...

Aug 18, 2012, 7:06 PM

Da'quan was in class and not as much time to work out. Clowney just worked out

Re: easy...

Aug 18, 2012, 7:25 PM

that might be the weakest excuse I ever heard in my life . two 5 star players one off season program and Clowney produced 3 off seasons to get DaQuan to produce , what was DaQuan studying Quantum Physics ? absolute b*llsh*t

lol...

Aug 18, 2012, 7:31 PM

chill...it was a joke..just like that other site is

They're different people.

Aug 18, 2012, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Site is just venom towards Dabo and all admin ]

Branch came in as a 2* and left as a 2nd round pick.

Clowney is just a good football player. The vast majority freshmen don't come in and produce like he did last season especially on the defensive line.

Re: They're different people.

Aug 18, 2012, 7:28 PM

Clowney could be a second round pick this year . how about Ingram he was a converted tailback how did that come about.

Ingram was a 4* LB***

Aug 18, 2012, 7:33 PM

Re: Ingram was a 4* LB***

Aug 18, 2012, 7:36 PM

well that makes me feel better . an outside LB was developed into an NFL lineman and he kicked the hell out of us and SEC competition along the way

Because its uncommon for OLBs to move to DE?***

Aug 18, 2012, 7:39 PM

Re: Because its uncommon for OLBs to move to DE?***

Aug 18, 2012, 7:44 PM

no its uncommon for guys that are 6'2" to gain 60 lbs and turn into NFL lineman , we are not getting what we pay for in the weight room

Aug 18, 2012, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Site is just venom towards Dabo and all admin ]

Didn't take 5 years. Andre Branch was listed at 265 in 2009 after being 250 for the 2008 season. Sounds like S&C did it's job there.

Aug 18, 2012, 7:26 PM

and he finally produced in 2011? wow what a development period

Aug 18, 2012, 8:18 PM

He was splitting time behind Sapp for 08 and 09. Then in 2010 he played well earning 5 sacks and 15 pressures. Sounds pretty good especially when Da'Quan was beating him to the QB that year. Not sure why you are trying to knock a good Clemson player

Aug 18, 2012, 10:29 PM

You clearly don't understand, the criticiziem is for the strength and conditioning program not the player.

Aug 18, 2012, 11:16 PM

Except he bulked up in 2 years. Clearly S&C works.

He was behind Sapp one year at 265, then performed 2 good years as a starter. Everything worked out as it was supposed to and then some, considering he was a 2 star

I got banned for calling them out on their Magic 8 Ball

Aug 18, 2012, 5:35 PM

prognosticating last year on what goes on within the team. They treat their "insight" as facts and pass judgments too often on things that they truly have no first hand knowledge of. Pretty pedantic approach really and insecure for a Clemson sports blog. Seems to me they're a lot more interested in blowing their own horns and catering to sycophants than furthering the Clemson agenda. They obviously put a lot of time and work into their analysis but the holier than thou approach gets tiresome. It reads too often like a site fueled by bitterness over something, like they flunked out of the coaching or playing ranks or something and have a point to prove to those still in the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2012, 8:13 PM

I read most of their stuff, but seriously, I don't understand why they, or the people who comment on their articles, are even Clemson fans. If I was that miserable about pulling for Clemson, I'd find something more constructive to do with my time.

I do love how they constantly call out Swinney and then when he does something right, they claim the he reads their blog and coaches according to what they say. Um, OK. lol

Touchy subject amonst fans of the same team

Aug 18, 2012, 11:57 PM

Why can't we all just get along! Thank heavens that there obviously is a site for everyone. go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Replies: 104
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic