Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes

Sep 22, 2014, 11:56 AM

Monday Chad Morris interview notes

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like it or not...

Sep 22, 2014, 12:00 PM

you gotta admire that he defends what he believes in and what we do

If he'd said, "well, we shoulda this and that etc...", I'd be a little worried that he was listening to too many outside influences.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

The coaches absolutely had the team prepared to play....

Sep 22, 2014, 12:02 PM

and had us in position to win the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

no question about it... I hate it for Dabo and Chad b/c I

Sep 22, 2014, 12:04 PM

really think they felt this would be a watershed game for us, and they were right.

just too many on field mistakes

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Agree with you York...

Sep 22, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to like it or not... ]

It's so easy for people to second guess our staff, but as Morris said "This is what we do."

I have no problem with going out of the shotgun there. It's our offense. If it's a good snap, we most likely score.

I thought our coaches did a great job in this game. Unfortunately, a few bad miscues by the players cost us this one.

Re: FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes

Sep 22, 2014, 12:09 PM

"If Stoudt had thrown the TD pass in the first quarter then it might have been different for him."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you gotta read through that a little... to protect Cole

Sep 22, 2014, 12:10 PM

but you also gotta admit that Cole drove us down the field that first drive too

Re: you gotta read through that a little... to protect Cole

Sep 22, 2014, 12:43 PM

I can accept the snap over the head. That's miscue and we didn't turn the ball over. What killed us Saturday night was lack of points. If Lakip goes 2 of 3 on field goals. We win. Period. Then we aren't questioning the 4 and 1 call to run Choice from the shot gun or grimising over the CJ Davidson fumble. The game is over in 4 quarters. I hope we don't see that many miscues against UNC this Saturday.

Sep 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

Chad Morris is too arrogant to admit he made a mistake with the shotgun formation! His stock keeps lowering for being a potential head coach because he continues to lose big games like these. The only big games left is against USuC and the crappy bowl game we will be likely going to.

Chad Morris has forgotten more about football than

Sep 22, 2014, 1:07 PM

you will ever learn. There's a difference between arrogance and confidence.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Chad Morris has forgotten more about football than

Sep 22, 2014, 7:57 PM

Also, just how many crappy bowls did he go to under Bowden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes ]

Tell em coot!!! Go troll your lousy fanbase message board! We run the HUNH offense out of the shotgun...that's what we do. 2 losses don't send us to a crappy bowl either! It's a long season and anything can happen! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes ]

You are an ignorant, dumbazz!! You know nothing about college football and coaching OR you're just another coc fan on a Clemson website....either way, you're pitiful

Sep 22, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes ]

I am not a coot fan to all of you commenting saying I am. I am saying this was poor coaching on Morris' part. The commentators even pointed out these issues. The one play before the bad snap for example, the RB was in the endzone and the refs called him down at the 1. There was no review and no challenge by the coaching staff. If Morris felt that he wasn't comfortable having Watson under center, perhaps he should have put Stoudt in at that point. I'm just saying! I'm a diehard Clemson fan, but you don't see power teams make these kinds of mistakes. I guess for some, ignorance is bliss.

Sep 22, 2014, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Monday Chad Morris interview notes ]

Crash...and all others who like to bash this or that...I too hate that our Tigers lost...but as long as the trains engine has CLEMSON TIGERS written on it, win or lose I am a Tiger fan. I hate that we have lost 5 to the chickens...but you know what...I still hate them and always will because I am a Tiger fan. Dabo, Chad and some other coaches may make mistakes, or call the wrong play...players may make mistakes...but at the end of the day...I am a Tiger fan.

Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?***

Sep 22, 2014, 12:53 PM

Maybe this?

Sep 22, 2014, 1:05 PM

Go figure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95d48MRlGxk

Wow that sucker shot right by Cole...***

Sep 22, 2014, 7:16 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We run poor offense outta the shotgun, period

Sep 22, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?*** ]

It is what it is. If Watson is having trouble under center in practice, why would they put him under in the game? Personally, I can't fathom how a QB has trouble holding his hands out and letting someone put the balls in his hand. The shotgun snap is much more "difficult" to handle. But that's just me.

Hopefully someone asks Dabo why he wasn't
aware that the CJ run right before the bad snap, needed to be challenged. That's one of his main responsibilities on the sidelines.

Sep 22, 2014, 12:57 PM

The coaching was ok, and for the most part I'll side with the coaches on their calls. However, this game falls on the shoulders of special teams. Ammon should have made at least 1 of those 2 missed field goals and there never would have been an overtime.

Absolute Arrogance !

Sep 22, 2014, 12:59 PM

" We have scored a lot of points since I've been here and we've scored a lot of touchdowns in the shotgun inside the five. That isn't going to change. "

the inability of Morris to adapt to game conditions is his glaring weakness. He has a predefined game plan in mind and is incapable of modifying or even considering the fact he may be wrong. Its always " lack of execution" of the part of the players.

Pathetic Post Tigerpen

Sep 22, 2014, 1:12 PM

Everyone wants to point fingers and had the snap been a good one and the p[lay went in for a TD...you would have been saying how great Chad is. Mistakes and miuscues happen in a game,,, Oh well. I saw so many positives on Saturday that I am a more avid fan of the Tigers than before.

Re: Pathetic Post Tigerpen

Sep 22, 2014, 2:10 PM

Negative ..my responce would have been ..thank goodness we have the calibler of players that made a high risk goal line play work. It doesnt change the fact its a very quetionable call. My hat is off and heart goes out to our players who left it all on the field Saturday. This is one of the most talented, hard working and passionate teams Clemson has ever had. And i was born an Clemson fan ( Easley ) and have been a fan of Clemson football since I was 4 years old. that make 59 years worth!

I am questioning a coach who by his own words" We've scored lots of touchdowns inside the five yard line while in the shotgun and thats not going to change" refuses to concider the fact that his play calling has becore very predictable .

Re: Pathetic Post Tigerpen

Sep 22, 2014, 2:30 PM

That sums it up! He's not even trying to be unpredictable anymore!

Re: Absolute Arrogance !

Sep 22, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Absolute Arrogance ! ]

I Agree! Let morris put up more points on Unc and usuc than ECU did. He won't. Even though our talent is much better than ecu. Why? No adjustments, just a ego big as texas. I hope some idiot team offers morris a hc job and he goes.

Quarter Backsneak

Sep 22, 2014, 1:11 PM

Yeah Chad , the Quarterback sneak is entirely to basic a play to call for an "Offensive Genius" like yourself.

You seem very determined to have the gametime announcers impressed with your calls instead of calling the plays that have a higher chance of working. Well guess what .. your slow developing, in the shotgun plays on the Goal line and 4th down had not only the announcers but everyone else watching scratching their head and wondering ### kind of bone-head call was that.

Sell your tickets

Sep 22, 2014, 2:10 PM

I guess you know it all. Just sell your tickets and move on. Football is a game, not life and death. I go watch the games, suport the Tigers and go home. Win or lose I am not negative and come back to support them again. You are a loser..you will never be a winner.

Re: Sell your tickets

Sep 22, 2014, 2:20 PM

I am the owner of a very successful business. One thing I insist of my employees is accountability. At the end of the day Morris is an employee of this fine University.

He needs to be held accountable

Seriuosly

Sep 22, 2014, 3:27 PM

So, if you are in business for your self...and an employee does something wrong. My guess is you fire him? I also owned a successful business with over 40 employees. No matter how much you trained them, had safety meetings and tried to make them aware of how critical each step of the process was...there is always a hiccup. You correct the problem and move on. I was always told by a person I respected, if it is not a serious health issue no problem is worth worrying about. I love the game of football and when I do not enjoy watching the product, I move on. If you do not like the product being placed on the field, move on. Believe me there will be plenty of more mistakes made before thie year ends.

Re: Seriuosly

Sep 22, 2014, 4:15 PM

I do not fire them unless they are unable or unwilling able to correct a behavior that is a detriment to our business. Employees performance is measured by a number of critical metrics. Again, I believe in the players on this team but the OC is failing on about any critical metric you would care to consider. Our Players deserve better. Red zone efficiency . We are 122 out of 128. Would you keep this person employed? If so ..like you said " Used to own a business " My guess is it failed... Seriously

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Sep 22, 2014, 4:21 PM

Also .. a former business owner should know how to use spell check ..it's Seriously not Seriuosly

Sep 22, 2014, 4:57 PM

Spell Check? You are too cool. I guess if you knew what plays would work each time...but you are talking about young men that have so many things going through their head. Mistakes are mistakes.

Sep 22, 2014, 5:13 PM

Guess you have a problem with reading comprehension as well as spelling.. Again I have never criticized the effort of our players ! My problem is with the plays they are being asked to execute.

Re: Quarter Backsneak

Sep 22, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Quarter Backsneak ]

Exactly

We ran at least one play under center later in the game...***

Sep 22, 2014, 1:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

In OT as a matter of fact***

Sep 22, 2014, 2:01 PM

At least Auburn does it also ...***

Sep 22, 2014, 2:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 4:47 PM

I think it is just that coaches are catching up with Chad Morris' offense. When he first got here, it was more cutting edge, fast tempo, keep defenses guessing and on their heels. I haven't been as impressed this year so far, but it is still early with his offense. I mean for the 2nd highest paid coordinator in college football he should be able to adjust better. The 2nd half of GA was bad and we gave up too many chances to win this game.
We have a lot of talent on our team and they are all young, so we have to learn from our mistakes and grow as a team. Prior to the start of the season, critics predicted a 9-3 team, but we may finish out as a 10-2 team and put an end to the USC streak.
Dabo gave Ammon Lakip a lot of practice against SC State. I hope he gets better with experience like Catman did over time.

Sep 22, 2014, 4:56 PM

You hit the nail on the head ... look how our Red Zone efficiency has dropped ! From # 1 in 2012 to a sparking 122 this season. What was once unpredictable has become predicable

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Always hated the shotgun on the goal line, no matter who is

Sep 22, 2014, 6:29 PM

running it. That being said, I saw a lot of positives. The main problem areas seem to be snapping the ball and kicking. Chandler Catanzaro might be the most missed player from previous teams when all is said and done. The last time I saw him, he was 7 of 7 for the Cardinals and had just kicked a 51 yarder straight down the middle.

I am looking forward to watching Watson, Scott and other young players develop.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Always hated the shotgun on the goal line, no matter who is

Sep 22, 2014, 8:14 PM

Original walk-on who became Clemson's starting placekicker as a freshman ... was 67-82 (81.7 percent) on field goals and 203-207 on extra points for 404 points in 53 games (52 starts) in his career ... became the first Tiger in history to start 50 games ... was 24-31 (a school-record 77.4 percent) on field goals of 40+ yards in his career, including making 13 of his last 14 field-goal attempts of 40+ yards ... scored at least one point in every game in his career ... second in ACC history in points ... first in school history in points, first in points (kick), first in extra points made, first in field goals of 40+ yards, first in starts, and second in field goals ... set a school record with 20 consecutive made field goals from 2011-12; it was also the fifth-longest streak in ACC history ... made 39 of his last 41 field-goal attempts (2011-13) ... two-time semifinalist for the Lou Groza Award ... three-time All-ACC selection (media) ... two-time Academic All-ACC selection ... four-time ACC Academic Honor Roll member.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shifty***

Sep 22, 2014, 7:20 PM

Re: Shifty***

Sep 22, 2014, 8:33 PM

Not impressed.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic