Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seriously..did you even believe Tigers would be in the CFP last year?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Seriously..did you even believe Tigers would be in the CFP last year?!

Jul 14, 2018, 9:50 PM

..with DW4 gone and sporting a new QB who was completely different in overall abilities?

I didn’t and could not believe what KellyB did up till it was time to play Bama, especially after being slammed to the ground & knocked out which primarily caused us to lose to a fired up Cuse.

And, this is why I think he starts and deserves to start over a true freshman until proven otherwise.

Now, be honest & tell me if you thought that KB would get us into the CFP!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously..did you even believe Tigers would be in the CFP last year

Jul 14, 2018, 10:06 PM

No No and No But we did it the old fashioned way defense, short passing game and try to limit turnovers.

Agree he may deserve to start but eventually KB will have to amp up the downfield passing game OR TL may be the eventual starter because our WR's are out strength and they came to Clemson because our passing game has been really strong the past few years. JMO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously..did you even believe Tigers would be in the CFP last year?!

Jul 14, 2018, 10:12 PM

Hi Bill, I've got to say I agree with you 100% but I'd hate to look back and say it may have cost us our 3rd National C'ship.
Bryant did everything we asked of him and he did it WELL! With that being said, I don't believe he can take us all tha way....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes!

Jul 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

I thought if we beat Auburn we could beat the rest. Really should have been 12-0 going to the playoffs. Better team this year on paper.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:18 PM

Agree to an extent with 4 paws. I honestly thought we would make it back because our D was that good and we still had some good pieces on the offense. I believed the coaches when they hyped KB up the way they did. I bought into that he had a passing game. As the season went on, like 4paws said we did it the old fashioned way.

However, I was also a big advocate to give the keys to HJ. No disrespect to kb but unfortunately this is a business and not a participation trophy thing. Best guy plays. IMO I’d give the keys to tlaw from the get until he proved me wrong that he can’t do it.

That’s way over simplified because you have to bring him along, call plays and design the offense around him just like they did for kb. And play CB as backup. May sound cold but not meant that way.

Best man up! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 10:22 PM

I think we are going to win every game every year - even if we play a team that would be considered the biggest upset of all time if we pull it off. That sounds familiar a little. So I guess that's a big "YES" for me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:24 PM

And no.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:25 PM

I remember thinking at the start of the season last year that I would be thrilled if we could just get into the 4 team playoff. Great run last year no doubt. The best is yet to come!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:45 AM

KB did great but our defense should be special this year and we need the BEST playing on offense, whether that's KB or TL or CB. We can't waste this years defense playing somebody just because they did pretty well the year before.

Lets pretend we had Boyd for his senior season and DW4 for his first next year. Would many say Boyd did great and deserve the start because he won 10-11 games? Yes, but they would be wrong because DW4 would win us a natty. I'm not saying that TL is equal to DW4 but if he's more talented than KB he should start. Same goes for any player on the team.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:50 AM

I did. I couldn't think of four better teams.

I can't think of four better this year, either, and I like/favor a lot of different schools.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic