Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Disconcerting Signals? Swinney says Ferrell's butt roll turns into silly flag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Disconcerting Signals? Swinney says Ferrell's butt roll turns into silly flag

Nov 25, 2018, 1:27 PM

Disconcerting Signals? Swinney says Ferrell's butt roll turns into silly flag

Almost everyone in attendance at Saturday night’s 56-35 Clemson victory over South Carolina had the same reaction when Clemson defensive end Clelin Ferrell was flagged for “Disconcerting Signals.” Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC refs obviously, the game would have been 63 to 21 if

Nov 25, 2018, 1:33 PM

called correctly. Amare $3 scored, silly offensive pass interference on pat on the back of defensive player, no interference on #24 which led to one USC TD, and most of all NO HOLDING CALLS ON USC ALL GAME!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3 LOL***

Nov 25, 2018, 1:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC refs obviously, the game would have been 63 to 21 if

Nov 25, 2018, 1:40 PM [ in reply to SEC refs obviously, the game would have been 63 to 21 if ]

Actually, Dabo would just have played the subs longer and sooner, so the score might have been the same. He just put the 1's back in to show the coots that we own their butts and our D can shut down their O and our O can score at will. If #23 does not fumble on the hand-off, the 1's would have stayed on the sidelines.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:53 PM

I certainly agree. Dropped balls bad position on defense changed the game.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to SEC refs obviously, the game would have been 63 to 21 if ]

I’m not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but what I thought was the most egregious no call was the chop block on XT in the 1st quarter. I was absolutely livid that it wasn’t called. How do you miss that? The answer is you don’t. You decidedly overlook it. Just pathetic!!!!

That was bad, but the worst no call I sae

Nov 25, 2018, 1:57 PM

Was on their first big pass completion. I believe it was muse who was coming on a blitz, beat his man, was one step from the QB and then was absolutely pulled down from behind. He was running and then just fell to his knees because he had been yanked down from behind. It was right by the QB so there’s no way it should be missed, and it was from behind so there’s no way it could’ve been anything but holding unless you believe He just decided to stop running.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was bad, but the worst no call I sae

Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 PM

In the same series possibly the next play Austin Bryant beat his guy badly the right tackle turns and grab his jersey to the point big Dex had to help get his jersey back over his shoulder pads when the play was over. No call on the edge with LJ and BJ watching. We have not had a meaningful holding call for our D line all year. That is BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 2:24 PM

yes we have.on hyatt.believe that was the only holding call all night.what a joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 25, 2018, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: That was bad, but the worst no call I sae ]

I don't think we should play for calls from the ref. Yes I think we should get them, but let's just bust their behinds and continue winning. The calls are not always going to go our way, but if we do what is necessary we will win.

Seriously what difference does it make if you

Nov 25, 2018, 1:56 PM

Re: Seriously what difference does it make if you

Nov 25, 2018, 1:58 PM

Bottom line is that these were SEC refs and the SEC team was getting embarrassed with its incompetence.

Re: Seriously what difference does it make if you- true so

Nov 25, 2018, 2:13 PM

the refs decided to share their own incompetence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously what difference does it make if you

Nov 25, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously what difference does it make if you ]

Like the SEC, the SEC refs wants everybody to believe that they are the Refs in the best conference in the country, and they will cheat for their conference when playing out of conference, and they proved that point last night!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bottom line is that these were SEC refs

Nov 26, 2018, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously what difference does it make if you ]

It just means more...

I can see it possibly being called

Nov 25, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Seriously what difference does it make if you ]

If USC had jumped or something (though it still would’ve been strange, but it would make a bit more sense), but without inducing a false start, I fail to see any rationale behind the call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly ... is that ever a real rule? Did it really apply?

Nov 25, 2018, 1:58 PM

That's got to be the most odd ball application of a seldom called rule ever.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had it called in our favor

Nov 25, 2018, 2:02 PM

I think it was against LSU and was on our last (or maybe next to last) drive. The difference is the actions of their DB (was barking out and clapping) induced a false start, which then should trigger the possibility of the penalty. Without having that element of it the call makes little to no sense.

Oh yeah ... barking deceptive signals makes sense, but

Nov 25, 2018, 4:07 PM

that is totally different from what Ferrell did.

I would think you could "moon" the opposing QB as long as you did it quietly and didn't jump offsides.

The call was just crazy.

Re: Oh yeah ... barking deceptive signals makes sense, but

Nov 25, 2018, 10:18 PM

What does Dabs mean by telling the ref, “We’ll buy that one”? I know the obvious joke, but was he just trying to come across as not being arguementive with the ref? Because the rule explanation makes no sense and leaves me more confused.

The explanation written refers to a verbal calls
mimicking the snap count of the offense. It says nothing about simplying moving outside or even yet, HOW you are allowed (or not) to move outside. In the end, it didn’t matter but add it to the pile of obviously bias officiating by an SEC crew that could and DID effect the game. There should not be conference officials, it should just be NCAA officials. They’ll still mess up but at least they aren’t being paid and in cahoots with the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By letter of the rule, NO it did not apply. The rule is in place

Nov 25, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Honestly ... is that ever a real rule? Did it really apply? ]

for when the defense is AUDIBLY trying to mimic the snap call or cadence in an effort to cause a false start. The defense can make any kind of physical moves as long as they don't encroach on the offense. Just a flagrant misuse of the call.

I'm pretty sure Wilkins makes and audible call and then

Nov 25, 2018, 2:44 PM

Ferrell and Bryant spread out wide. There is nothing in the rulebook that says that can't be done because as you say, you have to be mimicking the QB snap call which they weren't doing.

Monkey roll? The only monkeys were the SEC officiating crew.***

Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monkey roll? The only monkeys were the SEC officiating crew.***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:12 PM

That and the PI call on 24 were ridiculous.

Re: Monkey roll? The only monkeys were the SEC officiating crew.***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:18 PM

Seriously, remember when we all played? The rule is you can't fake the offense's QB verbal signals. This was crazy.

Re: TNET: Disconcerting Signals? Swinney says Ferrell's butt roll turns into silly flag

Nov 25, 2018, 4:17 PM

Ferrell didn’t need to roll out to end, but didn’t Dabo realize that he’s a Power Ranger?

Power Rangers don’t need to roll forward while jumping, but they do it anyway. ?? ?? ??

SEC pays the refs - So they are protecting their paychecks.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:32 PM

You gotta make the boss look good and these refs did a lot to make the league they represent look good.
It is simple issue of self-interest. It is in their best interest (and paycheck) to make the team that pays you come out on top. Conflict of interest is the name of the game when each league pays its own referees.
To eliminate the issue, the NCAA could control all referees (the rules should be the same for all leagues?). Though this could become a real mess if you get the bureaucratic, self promoting, NCAA involved in any more of the game.

Probably already been said, but had they called that in a

Nov 25, 2018, 4:47 PM

different scenario, like a third and short where the penalty resulted in a new set of downs that would have been a much bigger deal. I still don't see where the rule applies to rolling to move? I hope someone is speaking to the conference about this and the other BS pass interference call we received that took a touchdown back because the WR put his hand out when he made his cut. That was one of the poorer officiated games I've seen. In a closer game this could have changed the outcome.

Re: TNET: Disconcerting Signals? Swinney says Ferrell's butt roll turns into silly flag

Nov 25, 2018, 8:41 PM

It was like the officiating crew from “the longest yard”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic