Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 93
| visibility 51

gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth.

Jun 17, 2013, 5:32 PM

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/06/17/south-carolina-commit-the-academic-part-its-like-you-have-to-try-to-fail/

Arden Key, a 2015 DE from Georgia, committed to South Carolina on Sunday. When asked about his decision, he listed the school’s apparent lack of academic rigor as one of its selling points.

“The academic part, it’s like you have to try to fail,” Key said. “I love the coaches. They are always ready for something. And it isn’t far from home. It gives you a different environment. It’s in the city, but it’s also in the country.”

Key spurned offers from more demanding institutions such as North Carolina, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Vanderbilt and UVA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's in the city, but it's also in the country."

Jun 17, 2013, 5:34 PM

Yep, he's made the right decision based on academics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Doraville??

Jun 17, 2013, 6:29 PM

nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, not anymore

Jun 18, 2013, 10:13 AM

sorry ARS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Maybe he was thinking of Colombia.***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:17 PM [ in reply to "It's in the city, but it's also in the country." ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: "It's in the city, but it's also in the country."

Jun 18, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to "It's in the city, but it's also in the country." ]

Nothing about Columbia can be considered "country."

Maybe some of the suburbs, but nothing in Columbia proper.

The more appropriate term for the area where the stadium is located would be a "crack infested wasteland"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could anyone allow their beloved kids

Jun 17, 2013, 5:38 PM

to attend that place??????

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: How could anyone allow their beloved kids

Jun 17, 2013, 10:13 PM

For some parents being dirt poor isn't an option when they have a kid that has work HIS AS$ off to be good in sports, Football. They don't care if their kid remains stupid as long as he can bring in the money HE has worked to get in professional sports. It's a crying shame, but the money is what they care about the most....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha. Come to think if it I can't think of a single major

Jun 17, 2013, 5:39 PM

Player for them in any sport that has missed time due to academics. Appears academics are only an issue when Spurtier needs an extra scholly.

They used to have a lot of kids suspended for their bowls

Jun 18, 2013, 10:00 AM

because they decided they were going pro and didn't bother to show up for final exams/stopped going to class. Emmanuel Cook is one that comes to mind

Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth.

Jun 17, 2013, 5:40 PM

Is unCarolina really more demanding? Ncazzi protected, for sure....more demanding? What a joke.....

Well...at least the Kid's honest & bit novel about it all.

Jun 17, 2013, 5:42 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2013, 5:46 PM

Nice try, but try harder. You/they conveniently left out the part where he talked about the Academic Success Center, the tutoring program and the commitment to help students achieve their degree.
Check our APR and GPR, and then craft an argument that makes sense instead of ridiculous sound bites.

Jun 17, 2013, 6:02 PM

I've looked for his remarks on the Academic Success Center through several links and can't find it.

Academics and $CU go together about as well as...

Jun 17, 2013, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

$CU fans and IQ points so you'll understand if I rely on the US News rankings which has $CU in the bottom 50% (specifically 9th out of 14) in a league that is not exactly know for stellar academics.

If $CU played in either the ACC or the Big10, $CU would be the lowest ranked school academically in either conference by a distant margin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 17, 2013, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

Yes...what are those rates?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

APR's

Jun 17, 2013, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

ACC football 2011-2012 link below:
http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

SEC football 2011-2012 link below
http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: APR's

Jun 17, 2013, 7:04 PM

Ok, that didn't work, you'll have to fill in the conference, sort and year to get conference comparison.
I tried

Jun 17, 2013, 10:29 PM [ in reply to APR's ]

I noticed that USC and Clemson both have 19 varsity level programs reporting for the APR.

USC had 7 teams score a "perfect" 1000 this past year. Clemson had 3 team score 1000 in the past 8 years.

Jun 17, 2013, 10:33 PM

surely not even the brightest bulb in coot nation would ever argue coot academics against almost any school in america.

Jun 17, 2013, 10:45 PM

I'm a big fan of stats and numbers. I believe Parcells said, "you are what your record says you are." If you go over those APR's over the past 8 years (comparing USC's and Clemson's) you'll see that Clemson had the higher scores...until USC got the Dodie Academic Enrichment Center going.

This past year, USC had 7 teams score a 1000 on the APR and had a higher total school average by 10 points.

We could go around in circles for a while comparing academic standards and throw accusations around like "Coots Cheat" or "Taters inflate the rankings," or we can look at the numbers and see that this past year, USC had a higher APR than Clemson.

Jun 18, 2013, 12:53 AM

You shouldn't just average the team scores together. It has to be weighted by the number of athletes on each team.

Jun 18, 2013, 8:27 AM

> You shouldn't just average the team scores together.
> It has to be weighted by the number of athletes on
> each team.

Yes, I too believe a weighted average would be even more accurate, but I personally am not going to count up how many athletes "counted" for each sport. If you or anyone has the time to do that, have at it.

Easy....I'm getting DIZZZZZY...

Jun 18, 2013, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: APR's ]

From all the spin you are putting on those numbers. We are talking football...and it isn't close.

Well....

Jun 18, 2013, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: APR's ]

when your most challenging classes involve "connecting the dots" or "coloring inside the lines", enhancing your APR isn't really all that dfficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well....

Jun 18, 2013, 8:34 AM

> when your most challenging classes involve
> "connecting the dots" or "coloring inside the lines",
> enhancing your APR isn't really all that dfficult.
>
> haha, you know we don't have those classes. All universities have "easier" classes than others, that's a given though. Tell me about Clemson's Leisure Skills and Athletic Leadership classes, those sound really engaging.

http://soc.clemson.edu/select.FALL.htm

actually leisure skills is ranked top 3 in the nation

Jun 18, 2013, 8:40 AM

and yes, many schools offer this curriculum- including ivy league

Re: actually leisure skills is ranked top 3 in the nation

Jun 18, 2013, 8:44 AM

Ok, tell me about the classes in Leisure Skills, what are they and are they taught by people who actually have graduate level degrees in them?

yes, they are taught by Phd's. you may not understand

Jun 18, 2013, 8:47 AM

that you can actually look up this field of study yourself. give it a rest.

Re: yes, they are taught by Phd's. you may not understand

Jun 18, 2013, 9:01 AM

Ok, I looked it up myself. How does one get a PhD in bowling and billiards...?

http://www.hercampus.com/school/clemson/top-5-leisure-skills-classes

Funny enough, I looked at Harvard's Course Catalog (from their official website), and I couldn't find bowling, billiards or Leisure Skills.

C'mon dude...surely you're smarter than that....

Jun 18, 2013, 9:43 AM

It's the equivalent of a physical education curriculum.

I believe $CU refers to it as "Exercise Science".

bowling and billiards has nothing to do with this field

Jun 18, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: yes, they are taught by Phd's. you may not understand ]

you are not smart enough to grasp. I give up

Re: bowling and billiards has nothing to do with this field

Jun 18, 2013, 11:15 AM

The link I posted a few spots up said bowling and billiards were Leisure Skill classes at Clemson (same as yoga and shag dancing.) What do you mean they have nothing to do with that field?

Like the other person pointed out before, they're P.E. classes and probably every university has them. However, what are the Athletic Leadership, what are the courses like and who takes them?

Jun 17, 2013, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: APR's ]

Where are you getting this data? Link please? Cause based on the ncaa's website immgonna have to call BS for that one!

Jun 17, 2013, 10:49 PM

Use Tigrecalvo's link. You can select the school and then submit. You can even copy and past the data into Excel for each school.

You'll see that each school had 19 varsity sports (not all of them are the same, USC has women's golf and Clemson has rowing.)

It will show a "by sport" breakdown and then by year. If you just add up the sum of the points for each school and divide by 19, USC has a 10 point higher APR. Both schools are over 930, which is a critical number in APR, so that's good.

We are talking about football APRs here, or at least major sports

Jun 18, 2013, 6:04 AM

Clemson has been in the top for 10 for 3 or 4 years--top 5 this year. It is the only school to have finished top 10 in a poll and in APR in football last year.

Here are the three major sports APRs for each school according to that NCAA link:

Clemson baseball 982
basketball 973
football 985

gamecock baseball 959
basketball 983
football 966

SEC schools multi-year football APRs: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/65286/tigers-tide-lead-sec-in-apr-scores

ACC schools multi-year football APRs: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/56416/apr-scores-for-all-acc-schools

Clemson among four ACC teams recognized for APRs: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/56254/four-acc-teams-recognized-for-apr

Football National Leaders in APR Scores among FBS Schools:
1. Northwestern Big 10 996
2. Boise State WAC 993
3. Duke ACC 989
4. Clemson ACC 985
Wisconsin Big 10 985
6. Georgia Tech ACC 983
7. Boston College ACC 982
Ohio State Big 10 982
Missouri SEC 982 http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=11329

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 18, 2013, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: APR's ]

Nice try, but it doesn't quite work like that! And your claim of perfect scores still hasn't been answered.

Jun 18, 2013, 8:22 AM

http://www.abccolumbia.com/sports/local/Carolina-Releases-APR-Scores-211194491.html

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/acad/spec-rel/061713aaa.html

From the 2nd Article (but it was also paraphrased in the 1st article.)
"Highlighting the South Carolina data is seven teams (men's/women's golf, women's swimming/diving, women's tennis, cross country, men's indoor/outdoor track) with a perfect single-year score (1,000) for the 2011-12 campaign,"

Jun 18, 2013, 8:31 AM
image.jpg(106.5 K)

That's not what the NCAA data shows. Several teams have high marks, but none have the perfect 1000 you and those articles speak of. And my screen shot was from the website calvo posted :)
But we will agree to disagree. I have never and will never have any respect for SCar's academics. And nothing you say will ever change that. Sorry

Jun 18, 2013, 8:42 AM

(sarcasmfont)...and here I came to a Clemson board looking to change the mind of their fans...I'm shocked. (/sarcasmfont)

Jun 18, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: APR's ]

> That's not what the NCAA data shows. Several teams
> have high marks, but none have the perfect 1000 you
> and those articles speak of. And my screen shot was
> from the website calvo posted :)
> But we will agree to disagree. I have never and will
> never have any respect for SCar's academics. And
> nothing you say will ever change that. Sorry

One thing the image you attached doesn't show is the headers. Those numbers are the Multi Year APR. The links I put up a few posts above and what I first posted about this past year's data, show the numbers I was writing about.

USC did have 7 teams score a 1000 on their APR for the '11-'12 year.

Has Clemson released their APR scores for '11-'12 year yet?

hey MOron........

Jun 17, 2013, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

Do you REALLY want to compare APR? Be careful now ##### are so funny

Re: hey MOron........

Jun 17, 2013, 9:55 PM

Really, you come up with MOron? Come on, you can do better than that can't you?

Jun 17, 2013, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

There is always a coot hiding in the tall grass waiting for a chance to get in on our conversation and defend that rat hole that they all lay in. Hilarious at least!!!

You're touting APR? Really?

Jun 18, 2013, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

a rolling 4-year total of 954 is nothing to brag about, and in fact is 3rd worst at your "university"

Only your baseball and men's basketball teams have a lower APR.

Jun 17, 2013, 7:58 PM

The athletic deparment, the ncaa, and espn dont make money on kids being really smart and doing good academically. If he's eligible he's eligible. What is really annoying is that them getting Blackshear and Key (who are beast recruits) will pull bert huggins to socar. Sucks cause itll be just in time for when my aggies begin their permanent cross division game with the #####. I'm sure steve will have that offense still sputtering tho.

Now that says it... And its funny

Jun 17, 2013, 8:00 PM

Lol

Re: Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth.

Jun 17, 2013, 8:03 PM

They will still suck. And those "beast" recruits sure arent ranked too high. Lol

Jun 17, 2013, 8:04 PM

Uhhhh they're 2015 bro and theyll both be near 5 stars if not 5 stars and its not them i care that much about its huggins.

Jun 17, 2013, 8:06 PM

http://247sports.com/Player/Shameik-Blackshear-23659

Seems pretty legit.

247 is run by JC Shurburt, right. I believe he was the guy

Jun 17, 2013, 10:07 PM

that Lawing called to increase Culliver from a 3* to a 5* receiver.........

Re: 247 is run by JC Shurburt, right. I believe he was the guy

Jun 17, 2013, 10:17 PM

Was that really a thing? That's terrible. Never was a big 247 guy too much. It was just an attempt to get across what i was trying to say. This board is tough. You cant say anything on here without being challenged. Honestly thought it would be common sense that blachshear and key are top recruits for 2015. Scar is the tigers rival so i guess it makes sense that those two suck in you guys book.

Jun 17, 2013, 9:05 PM

Wow, his idea of "Country" is a lot different ten mine!

College football is a business and the players are the

Jun 17, 2013, 10:02 PM

men who pay the price in the long run. Overall, I think Clemson treats its athletes well and I know for sure that Dabo has their best interests in mind now and in the future. This is where we beat the Coots every year without fail !

Re: College football is a business and the players are the

Jun 17, 2013, 10:27 PM

You can walk into any Lawyers office or Hospital in the entire World and never see a law degree or a Medical degree that says Clemson on it!

Jun 17, 2013, 10:30 PM

So we don't have a law degree or medical degree it that doesn't mean jack squat! Our graduates go on to med school and law school and succeed! I have both a cousin and a high school classmate that both went to Clemson and are both doctors! You think heir clemson degree didn't help them??? That's asinine!

Jun 17, 2013, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: College football is a business and the players are the ]

And you can't find a coot degree in the offices of the men and women who designed and built those building that the coots work in and feel safe.

Jun 17, 2013, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: College football is a business and the players are the ]

And you won't find a SMART person anywhere in the world going to a Lawyers office or Doctor's office that has University of South Carolina printed on a degree!!!

BOOM!!

Jun 17, 2013, 11:10 PM

You sure do vote them!

Really? What does that even mean?

Jun 18, 2013, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: College football is a business and the players are the ]

My Clemson degree sits right next to my law degree in my office. My oldest sister's Clemson degree sits right next to her law degree in her chambers at the courthouse and our mutual sibling's Clemson degree sits right next to her medical degree in the office of her Anesthesiology practice.

Re: Re: APR's

Jun 17, 2013, 11:17 PM

BYE BYE COOT!!! All you have to do is walk both campuses and it's a no brainer....hmmmm lake and trees or concrete and crackheads?!!! Not much of a decision!!!!

Coming from someone who applied to both Clemson and SCar...

Jun 17, 2013, 11:47 PM

I was accepted into South Carolina literally almost immediately after apply (within a couple of weeks). Clemson? Try 5 and a half months!

Of course, I had been planning on going to Clemson from the start since I had been a Tiger fan all my life. I just applied to SCar and a few other area schools as a possible scapegoat.

Really thought this was a spoof.***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:42 AM

Jun 18, 2013, 2:26 AM

I love academic trolls. We SCAR fans never heard about this until recently, say the last four years. What has happened in those four years to change CU fans talking points?

Seriously though, I DGAF about my team's players academics. If you think the average football player is smarter at your school than other schools, and you aren't in the Ivy League(maybe a few outside of IL schools, CU not being one of those)then you are being willfully ignorant.

"Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics."

Jun 18, 2013, 6:55 AM

....and therein lies the difference.

Your players are, to you, simply chess pieces for your amusement or perhaps cannon fodder to bolster your collective sense of accomplishment.

At Clemson these young men are honed and led, on field and in classroom, to be the finest representatives of our school and their family they can be.

The term "willfully ignorant" does indeed fit one of those schools, but it sure as heck isn't Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics."

Jun 18, 2013, 7:45 AM

Very well said rev.

Ha Ha ... saigon just got pwned!!***

Jun 18, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to "Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics." ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 19, 2013, 9:26 PM [ in reply to "Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics." ]

> ....and therein lies the difference.
>
> Your players are, to you, simply chess pieces for
> your amusement or perhaps cannon fodder to bolster
> your collective sense of accomplishment.
>
> At Clemson these young men are honed and led, on
> field and in classroom, to be the finest
> representatives of our school and their family they
> can be.
>
> The term "willfully ignorant" does indeed fit one of
> those schools, but it sure as heck isn't Clemson.

I went to SoCar. We play checkers, not chess.

Speaking of being willfully ignorant....

Jun 18, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

Sounds very similar to Spurrier's approach to discipline. Who cares how much trouble they get into off the field or how many times they get arrested as long as they can help us win on Saturday.

Last 4 years only. smh Unless you're only 4 years old

Jun 18, 2013, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

you have been hearing about this from us for a long time - because Clemson has been head and shoulders above USUC for a long time.

Re: Last 4 years only. smh Unless you're only 4 years old

Jun 19, 2013, 9:34 PM

> you have been hearing about this from us for a long
> time - because Clemson has been head and shoulders
> above USUC for a long time.

You are unable to tell me how long I have been hearing academic trolls from CU fans. It's a current phenomenon. Started around 3-4 years ago. We did hear all about actual football beatdowns, which I have no problem with, but everyone knows why you guys are talking academics now.

"Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics."

Jun 18, 2013, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

You just proved the point of this entire thread. Maybe YOU and YOUR chicken fans don't care, but we do care about little things like getting an education, graduating, and contributing to family, society, etc. as a whole.

--Henry David Thoreau

and we didn't hear much from y'all till the last 4 years !

Jun 18, 2013, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: gamecock academics: word from the horse's mouth. ]

isn't that a coincidence. not. after november we won't be seeing a lot of y'all, so i can put up with the ####lovers bs for a while longer, i think.

+25 in a rivalry

Jun 18, 2013, 3:59 AM

Thats the score I keep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

DANG you beat me to it. yea that made my day to hear it***

Jun 18, 2013, 6:58 AM

South Carolina football has a 55% graduation rate,

Jun 18, 2013, 9:38 AM

that's sad. I guess half the team "tries" to fail.

Re: South Carolina football has a 55% graduation rate,

Jun 18, 2013, 10:10 AM

Every player thats halfway decent leaves for the nfl as juniors even if they arent projected very high. Probably the reason for that percentage.

So...nearly half your players leave early for the NFL...

Jun 18, 2013, 10:19 AM

I'll take BS for 2000 Alex!

When it comes to UCS players, NFL stand for

Jun 18, 2013, 10:22 AM

No Future League.

And yes, once they've squandered their chance for a college education by attending the place where you "have to try to fail" I'd say the bulk of them are NFL-bound.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...nearly half your players leave early for the NFL...

Jun 18, 2013, 11:37 AM [ in reply to So...nearly half your players leave early for the NFL... ]

Your? The aggies have a 69% grad rate?

Jun 18, 2013, 10:23 AM

RevDodd,

You can argue that if you want, but we both know college athletics are a meat market and you wouldn't care about these kids if they didn't wear a clemson uniform.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I think that's precisely the point...

Jun 18, 2013, 10:26 AM

When they do come to Clemson, they deserve the best chance to succeed at whatever they end up doing. The "Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics" crowd are the ones that view them as "meat".

Alas, THIS is why there is no hope for y'all...

Jun 18, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: "Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics." ]

The assumption is: "Because I don't care for these young men and their futures, except as how they can further my own feeling of self-importance, then that's how everyone must think."

But it ISN'T how everyone thinks. And the kids that decide to come to Clemson understand it ... or quickly learn it.

Their citing a feeling of family at Clemson isn't just PR. And it's something that Capons will never understand or experience.

And more's the pity for them.

Alas Rev...he gave them eyes but they cannot see

Jun 18, 2013, 11:40 AM

These are the same people who couldn't care any less about the character or integrity of the players or the coaches or how amnay times they get in trougble or arrested. They've been a doormat for so long and they are so desperate for athletic success, increasing the numbers in the win column is all that matters.

Jun 18, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: "Seriously, I DGAF about my team's players academics." ]

learn how to use the board.

null

Well, this is a bit of a stretch:

Jun 18, 2013, 10:52 AM

"Key spurned offers from more demanding institutions such as North Carolina"

UNC doesn't fit in that category anymore....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didn't fit that diescription...

Jun 18, 2013, 11:14 AM

However, since they were caught, you'd think that they're walking the straight and narrow at least for a little bit.

Re: Well, this is a bit of a stretch:

Jun 18, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Well, this is a bit of a stretch: ]

Did clemson offer?

Re: Well, this is a bit of a stretch:

Jun 18, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Well, this is a bit of a stretch: ]

Agreed, they hit a '11='12 cumulative APR of a 934. That's only 4 points above the loss of post season line.

Also, they created an essentially false degree program/set of classes and were caught.

While all this may be amusing to us Tigers, the truth is the

Jun 18, 2013, 12:16 PM

coots simply don't care about academics. They never have, they never will. One doesn't go to chickentech because they're smart.

They go there because they couldn't go anywhere else--they're the kids who just weren't sharp enough to cut it somewhere else.

Most of their bandwagon, redneck fanbase never set foot on a college campus, they couldn't care less. They only care about where their next meal is coming from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Most of any major college's fanbases never touched a

Jun 18, 2013, 1:10 PM

college classroom. If only students and alumni were allowed, Clemson may as well use Wallace Wade stadium in stead of Death Valley.

Re: Most of any major college's fanbases never touched a

Jun 18, 2013, 3:52 PM

Well you are right there. The ones who couldn't find a classroom at gunpoint make up the worst and in some cases the best of the fanbase.

Re: While all this may be amusing to us Tigers, the truth is the

Jun 19, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to While all this may be amusing to us Tigers, the truth is the ]

> coots simply don't care about academics. They never
> have, they never will. One doesn't go to chickentech
> because they're smart.
>
> They go there because they couldn't go anywhere
> else--they're the kids who just weren't sharp enough
> to cut it somewhere else.
>
> Most of their bandwagon, redneck fanbase never set
> foot on a college campus, they couldn't care less.
> They only care about where their next meal is coming
> g from.

You sound ridiculous. Do you really think the state of South Carolina is so diverse that there is a noticeable difference between our fanbases. This board is laughable, which is why i keep coming back.

Jun 20, 2013, 12:00 AM

That picture looks like the guy just ripped a nasty fart...

Replies: 93
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic