Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Football All In Drills Feb. 29
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson Football All In Drills Feb. 29

Feb 29, 2012, 8:28 PM

Clemson Football All In Drills Feb. 29

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious speed @ 5:07!

Feb 29, 2012, 8:34 PM

Also, Shatley looks real good. He is going to be the starter at guard from here on out.

Bellamy continues to look all-world!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious speed @ 5:07!

Feb 29, 2012, 9:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing! And it's great to see true freshman Zac Brooks as one of the 4 fastest on the team (I'm assuming the 4 fastest from the previous sprint got to run last). And you're right...Bellamy has got something to prove. He must've had a come to Jesus moment.

On another note, who's the big DL that was wearing purple and had long hair? Couldn't see his numbers and he didn't look familiar.

Feb 29, 2012, 9:28 PM

tavaris barnes i think

Feb 29, 2012, 9:37 PM

No, pretty sure it was Williams... usually #99

Feb 29, 2012, 10:02 PM

At the beginning of the video? That is Tavaris Barnes, I'm positive.

Tavaris Barnes?***

Feb 29, 2012, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious speed @ 5:07! ]

Bellamy, looks bigger and is as fast/faster than Sammy.

Feb 29, 2012, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Serious speed @ 5:07! ]

If he can keep it together through Spring and Summer and learns to cherish the ball, look out ...

I was getting winded at the 2:00 mark. Lookin good***

Feb 29, 2012, 9:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finish Mike!***

Feb 29, 2012, 9:36 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike was super fast through those ropes........

Feb 29, 2012, 9:56 PM

Way faster than the other players we saw. Keep it up Mike.

Re: Mike was super fast through those ropes........

Feb 29, 2012, 9:56 PM

is anyone else participating in all in drills except mike. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson Football All In Drills Feb. 29

Feb 29, 2012, 10:17 PM

How won the foot race? Did it go Martavis, Bellamy, Sammy, then Brooks? Or what?

Did you see Bellamy almost trip over the rope at about 4:21ish and he still maintained his balanced and accelerated through the finish. That was impressive, any normal person would have tripped over that thing but to me it looked like he stumbled and barely missed a step.

I hate to sound like a pumper but as much as everyone says our lines are going to struggle I think we will do just fine. As of right now before Spring Ball even starts I think Thomas and Freeman will obviously start but Shatley looks really good and in my mind they wouldn't have changed his position if they didn't intend to give him a look. Isaiah Battle looked good in the previous videos and on the D-Line I think it will be Williams, Goodman, and Crawford with another DT, maybe a Watkins or something.

I honestly like where we are right now, for being so young, there is a ton of talent on that squad and if they can just play to their ability we will be fine. I stand by my previous statements that we had an average O-Line at best last season and all the three new starters need to do is be average and the offense will be fantastic. Sprinkle in a determined looking Bellamy, a maturing recieving core including Martavis Bryant, Charone Peake, and the 'ole reliables in Sammy, Nuke, and Jaron and we should be doing fine.

In terms of a defensive standpoint, there is a lot of speed on D and plenty of talent, Travis Blanks #11 looked great. And there are a lot of big uglies on the D that could contribute.

Feb 29, 2012, 10:56 PM

Mike Bellamy is poised for a break out year, yes we have AE, but Bellamy will get his fair share of yards.

Malicah Goodman with a great initial first step

Shatley looks to be a very athletic gaurd

Tavaris Barnes who i think was in purple looked solid

Travis blanks brashd dreeland martin jenkins look good

Venables is great, all he does is stress footwork and staying low. Little things like that will make these talented athletes succeed.

Feb 29, 2012, 11:04 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes see significant playing time. I think he was more of a DE coming out of high school but at 275ish he could put on 10-15 pounds and line-up next to DeShawn Williams as a second DT. I really like what they have though in their rotation. A big defensive line with quite a bit of speed.

Goodman is 280, Watkins is 280, Barnes is 275, Williams is 290, Crawford is 280, that's a lot of beef. No true nose tackle but that is like having 5 defensive ends to rotate all around the line. I bet Venables goes with some crazy looks like the NY Giants do where he puts Goodman and Crawford on the inside and Watkins and Williams on the edge or something. It could be fun to watch because all those guys are 280 plus but watching them on tape they don't like a pound over 255-260 in my mind. They can move with that size, which is huge.

I know for some the popular opinion is

Feb 29, 2012, 11:35 PM

we wont be good up front on off and def...but we will shock a lot of people

Re: I know for some the popular opinion is

Mar 1, 2012, 12:35 AM

Is it possible for a Shock the World 2012 Tour if we already shocked most of the CFB world in 2011?

Mar 1, 2012, 12:38 AM

well not really refering to shocking the world more meant for our lines to shock or surprise our fan base

Mar 1, 2012, 1:54 AM

I know, just saying. I think even after last season's success if Clemson comes out of the games 5-0 or something the media will still be going nuts about how the Tigers came out of nowhere by beating the all mighty FSU that according to ESPN has won the last 10 National Titles correct? I don't understand how all that works, personally.

Mar 1, 2012, 2:08 PM [ in reply to I know for some the popular opinion is ]

LOL, yeah, just like "everybody will be talking about our defense after the orange bowl." Which they were, actually. But don't let 70-33 interfere with the spring hype. Players didn't seem to care too much.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic