Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question....on 3rd and 9 when Coker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Serious question....on 3rd and 9 when Coker

Jan 15, 2016, 3:37 PM

got lucky just throwing it towards the sideline for 25 or whatever it was as Ben was about to sack him how many think our guy was:

A) in perfect coverage
B) Our guy should have turned around and knocked ball down or picked it off

That drive led to the TD then the onside kick happened that led to another td

TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the answer is both

Jan 15, 2016, 3:38 PM

He WAS in perfect coverage, and had he turned around to see the ball, it wouldn't have been caught

Re: Serious question....on 3rd and 9 when Coker

Jan 15, 2016, 3:40 PM

I thought it was going to get picked or defended especially since Boulware got a hit on Coker. This is one of the few plays they "earned" we had decent coverage but the WR made a great play.

I said "Ours" in the stands

Jan 15, 2016, 4:37 PM

That wouldve been a gamechanger

Jan 15, 2016, 3:43 PM

It was a chance play. If he had 5 chances to do it he'd have missed the other 4 . but if our guys would have looked for the ball , he wouldn't have hit that.
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...I call that play super lucky Coker just threw it up

Jan 15, 2016, 3:45 PM

there..

Re: Agreed...I call that play super lucky Coker just threw it up

Jan 15, 2016, 3:46 PM

If the defender just puts up his hands the ball would have hit his shoulder...could not have thrown a more perfect pass...

That was a great play and Coker...

Green was there and Stewart just made a great play. Yes, he should've turned around but a great play nonetheless.

Not sure about the coverage. Looked pretty tight from what I recall but I don't think the DB turned around. It's not as easy as you would think to correctly time and make that turn. I was more focused on Boulware about to absolutely crush him and figured it was going to be a pick or at least incomplete the way Coker had to rush the throw. Couldn't believe he made such a good pass in that situation.

Play of the game....

Jan 15, 2016, 3:55 PM

......and they went on to kick FG to tie at 24. Then onside kick followed...we get that stop we win imo. We just had two previous possessions with a chance to go up double scores and came up empty. This is the stage of the game we could've stepped on their throat and didn't. Against teams like Bama you better take advantage when you can. Still very proud of the boys just hope next year we have that sense of urgency in those moments. We let too many teams hang around.

Jan 15, 2016, 3:55 PM

I just dont know why our sideline wasnt yelling BALL! You would have thought that might have helped. Maybe they did. From the replay I cant see it though.

Great play by Coker and their wide receiver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2016, 4:01 PM

Green hesitates and got beat like he always does in 1 on 1 coverage. Green has underneath help from Tank no reason green should be beat on that. We also put one of our best pass rushers in coverage for some reason and send both linebackers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzImVX9WXYs

makes me want to throw up...***

Jan 15, 2016, 5:54 PM

Jan 15, 2016, 4:54 PM
image.jpeg(115.6 K)
image.jpeg(122.8 K)
image.jpeg(121.7 K)

What about the Derrick Henry touchdown when the linebackers, for what felt like the 100th time this season, crashed the line, got stuck & left the middle of the field wide open? And why Kearse was in so shallow, (and off to the right side no less), on that play still haunts me. If he spied from the middle, subtract those 7 points.

Jan 15, 2016, 4:58 PM

Was curse trying to fix Henry's braid?

Jan 15, 2016, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious question....on 3rd and 9 when Coker ]

Other than that one run, we played him well all #### game. I'll forever remember that play. And the fact that the same exact thing happened at least 10 times before it all season long. Such an easy assignment - STAY AT HOME. I hope next year we never blitz all 3 linebackers at once again. It doesn't work on Xbox One and it doesn't work in real life unless they're on the 1yd line. We gave him that run on a silver platter. Man coverage on the outside and blitzed 9 with Kearse playing shallow on the weak side. Ugh. Sorry. If this was the first time I saw this this season, I'd be over it by now. But hearing the "missed assignments" and "we're going to work on it" excuse all year only to be repeated in the NCG just irks me.

I think it was 3rd & 11 on bama 44 and went for 38 yds.

Jan 15, 2016, 6:13 PM

and Ben was about to get his a$$ and he just threw it up

Go Tigers..........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic