Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question for a minute
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,942

Serious question for a minute

Apr 9, 2015, 2:15 PM

And all honesty, how much of a drop off (if any) do y'all think there will be an offense of production now that the Chad is gone? I know that Scott and Elliott have been preparing for this for a while, but you got to think that it's virtually impossible to maintain an entire offense of system from a celebrated coordinator. I'm sure we've kept a majority of the playcalls, schemes, and formations leftover from the HUNH- i'm just hoping that Scott and Elliot won't be nervous or overwhelmed when the season begins. Thoughts? Nothing to worry about? Should we be just fine without skipping a beat?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only test data we have is the Oklahoma game.

Apr 9, 2015, 2:17 PM

Make your hypothesis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well, if I had to guess right now

Apr 9, 2015, 2:26 PM

I would say that it is probably going to take the coaches the first two games to settle down into a comfortable, confident groove of calling place according to the flow of the game (I.e the natural highs and lows, turnovers and momentum-stealers that inevitably happen). I'll be interested to see how Scott and Elliott respond when the team face is adversity, or gets behind for the first time. If we can make it through the first 2–3 games relatively unscathed, and in good condition healthwise, then I feel like that'll be a massive load off of the coaches back to relax and call their plays more easily.

I think the real question is will Dabo let them go it alone.

Apr 9, 2015, 2:28 PM

If we start this oversight process where Scott and Elliott have to worry about Dabo jumping in to question their play calling we may have a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like Dabo knows his strengths and weaknesses well

Apr 9, 2015, 2:34 PM

His strength looks to be making good hires. I'm sure he will trust those he has put in place

They had plenty of time to learn directly from....

Apr 9, 2015, 2:38 PM

CM himself so there's no reason to think they can't continue the offense he ran himself. Do they have the ability to call the right play at the right time? Only time will tell that but it's not like they came to Clemson this spring from other schools that ran different kinds of offenses that ours.

It will come down IMO to our talent and how well our players execute, not that CM is gone.

Re: Serious question for a minute

Apr 9, 2015, 2:53 PM

I doubt we'll see any drop-off in production with Morris gone seeing as we'll have a full year of Deshaun Watson. His natural ability would at least cover any decrease in playcalling ability. That being said, I think Scott and Elliot will actually do a better job than Morris calling plays. They're not major innovators, but their streamlined version of Chad Morris' offense may actually be more effective.

I'm hoping that Morris and his scheme brought a breath of

Apr 9, 2015, 2:59 PM

fresh air to Clemson...a renewed excitement on offense. When you combined his philosophy with the weapons we've had on our roster, it was a brilliant spectacle. I kinda feel like Morris was a mad scientist though. I feel like he was willing to try just about anything as far as play calling goes...even trick plays when, at the moment, it didn't feel like we needed it.

I'm not short changing Morris at all. I think he's an awesome guy/coach and his energy and passion for the HUNH no doubt gets the kids fired-up and willing to accumulate those snaps and yardage Morris was after. But, I feel like we all knew Morris' tenure would be like a firework wear sparks would fly and then he'd move on to his dream of being a HC. I think the guys we have in place are slightly less mad scientist-ish and have a more balanced formula for our offense. I just feel like it's in good hands with Elliot and Scott. I think the OU game kinda proved that... and if it didn't, that'd be one heck of an outlier...

Apr 9, 2015, 5:39 PM

I think the OK game was evidence of the ability of our Co-OC's, and I don't expect a drop off at all...I actually expect more consistency and better execution. Granted they had time to prepare for the OK game and CS strengths, they showed no moment is too big. I imagine with 9 months to prepare, and two winnable games to begin the season that they will be more than ready, and have quality experience. TE and JS are much more intelligent and rational than your average football coach. CM brought in a scheme that fit the talent we had here at Clemson, and kudos to DS for the hire, but CM wasn't a football coach as much as he was an innovator...a HS guru who's scheme was successful. He was successful his first 2 seasons, but after that he became too predictable, and when defenses made adjustments, he couldn't successfully adapt on the fly...almost like he put a playlist in during prep week and wasn't successful at adjusting when it didn't work or didn't fit our players skill set. That hurt us big time against thUGA, and GT. I'm very excited about the potential of our OC's and I know they will perform well. Before you know it schools will come knocking for JS and TE. Not only will they be great coaches, but they are great recruiters as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2015, 9:47 PM

I think the CO-OC's will do just fine and to a degree the OK game showed that. The one thing not to be overlooked from the bowl game is the hire of Streeter. That's gonna end up being a homerun hire IMO. Stoudt played the bowl game with a confidence and swagger he didn't have all year and it showed big time.
I absolutely love the fact that "Clemson Family" isn't just a selling point to recruits about the family feel of the campus and football program. It's a culture of winning and knowing that you aren't just a part of the program during your time as a player. Once your playing days at Clemson are over you're always welcome back. Plus if you want to coach they're is a place at home for you.

Apr 9, 2015, 9:48 PM

There****

Twice, so I'll ask... Does "offense of" = "offensive"...?***

Apr 9, 2015, 8:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Twice, so I'll ask... Does "offense of" = "offensive"...?***

Apr 9, 2015, 8:52 PM

LOL yep. This stupid text to talk function on my smart phone does a horrible job of hearing what I say..

Apr 10, 2015, 12:08 AM

Yeah boy. They looked real nervous against Oklahoma. I think they did the overwhelming

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic